Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" (8778 Views)

"Black Val" Premiere: Toyin Aimakhu, Iyabo Ojo, Dayo Amusa, Desmond Elliot / Desmond Elliot,Monalisa,Banky W,Others Stun At Movie Premiere Of 'Falling'(Pics) / Desmond Elliot And Pat Attah, Which Is More Handsome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2012
Desmond Elliot, has been very busy lately directing a new flick in Sierra Leone titled “Reflections”.

Reflections tells the story of a woman who is jailed abroad, for killing her husband. She is forced to confront her past, when she returns to the country, which she fled as a child.

Desmond Elliot also stars in the movie, along side Uche Jombo, Lydia Forson, Aisha Kamara, and Dabota Lawson.

It was mentioned the movie was shot with a Red digital camera which is really up there in cinematography. Movies like The Great Gatsby (which I am dying to watch featuring Leonardo DiCaprio), Resident Evil 5, Underworld, Pirates of the Carribean, to name a few, have been shot using this camera.

I can only hope Desmond doesn't disappoint!

Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by semid4lyfe(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2012
ijebabe: It was mentioned the movie was shot with a Red digital camera which is really up there in cinematography. Movies like The Great Gatsby (which I am dying to watch featuring Leonardo DiCaprio), Resident Evil 5, Underworld, Pirates of the Carribean, to name a few, have been shot using this camera.

Na by camera? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2012
No at all but it shows he is really investing in this movie. I hope the script and cast are up to par as well.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
This guy no sabi kiss grin I hope his Directing is as good as his looks less his brains
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Afam4eva(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Na by camera? undecided
Camera plays a very crucial role in making a movie good. Of course other proponents of the movie have to be in top shape to produce a world-class movie.

But is this is really Desmond Elliot's first directorial debut? I've seen other movies with his name written as the director(i think).
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijebabe: Desmond Elliot, has been very busy lately directing a new flick in Sierra Leone titled “Reflections”.
It was mentioned the movie was shot with a Red digital camera which is really up there in cinematography. Movies like The Great Gatsby (which I am dying to watch featuring Leonardo DiCaprio), Resident Evil 5, Underworld, Pirates of the Carribean, to name a few, have been shot using this camera.

Hmmm this camera can do well for GEJ's career

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Na by camera? undecided

Lol...by storyline jare

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
Camera plays a very crucial role in making a movie good. Of course other proponents of the movie have to be in top shape to produce a world-class movie.

But is this is really Desmond Elliot's first directorial debut? I've seen other movies with his name written as the director(i think).
I have never noticed a movie with Desmond as the director. Let me know which movie and I will correct my post. I'll also check as well. Thanks.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Afam4eva(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijebabe:
I have never noticed a movie with Desmond as the director. Let me know which movie and I will correct my post. I'll also check as well. Thanks.
What about those movies that he does alongside Emem Isong. I usually see his name somewhere...
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
Just looked it up Elliot has co-produced and co-directed movies like Reloaded and Bursting Out.

I saw on IMDb he directed Kiss and Tell which is a lie because it is directed by Emem Isong & Monalisa Chinda

He did direct Edikan in 2009 (which i've never heard of). This is 2nd movie smiley
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Afam4eva(m): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijebabe: Just looked it up Elliot has co-produced and co-directed movies like Reloaded and Bursting Out.

He did direct Edikan in 2009 (which i've never heard of). This is 2nd movie smiley
My thoughts were on point.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Hmmm this camera can do well for GEJ's career
Lol!
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
My thoughts were on point.
Hmm yes. This is a big movie that he is directing by himself and not co-directing like the others.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
Elliot is Just Initiative, i thunk am Lovin' whats he's up to Lately. Not been a Handsome Suger-Boi for a PH Granny cheesy cheesy
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijebabe:
Hmm yes. This is a big movie that he is directing by himself and not co-directing like the others.
I hope to see the finished product...btw, how do you get your news and the associated pictures? it seems you're close to this movie people. I think i've asked you this question before...
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
I hope to see the finished product...btw, how do you get your news and the associated pictures? it seems you're close to this movie people. I think i've asked you this question before...

Literary, She Owns a PC -- Get One For ya Self and BOOM! u're News cheesy wink cheesy
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Afam4eva(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
El Guapo:

Literary, She Owns a PC -- Get One For ya Self and BOOM! u're News cheesy wink cheesy
Read my comment again and you'll realize that i typed it in plain English and not swahilli...Read again.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
Read my comment again and you'll realize that i typed it in plain English and not swahilli...Read again.

Mine is plain Tinted Uk English Bruv -- Who's Confused Here? undecided
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
Yes you have asked this question before, don't mind the Don Juan wannabe smiley

I am not 'close' to the movie people, I just love movies and get stories by talking to people and reading on the internet.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijebabe:
Yes you have asked this question before, don't mind the Don Juan wannabe smiley

I am not 'close' to the movie people, I just love movies and get stories by talking to people and reading on the internet.
It's just that you post some pictures that i don't see anywhere else on the internet. Thanks anyways.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
It's just that you post some pictures that i don't see anywhere else on the internet. Thanks anyways.
When it comes to movies I prefer to go to the movie website directly for the pictures or I get from a source I trust to have good quality photos. Its not hard really.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijo4lite(m): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ije babe, you're really good in getting original pix.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijebabe: Just looked it up Elliot has co-produced and co-directed movies like Reloaded and Bursting Out.

I saw on IMDb he directed Kiss and Tell which is a lie because it is directed by Emem Isong & Monalisa Chinda

He also directed a movie called "In the Cupboard" I watched it at Ozone this summer. In it was Ini Edo, Uti and some other people. To say the movie was good is an understatement. It was awesome. I watched Edikan on Africa magic, it's an Ibibio movie..it was very funny and interesting. In it was Ini Edo, Nse Ikpe Etim, Ini Ikpe, Moses Armstrong, Ime Bishop Umoh and some others. Desmond Elliot is the director to look out for these days.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by phela: 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijebabe:

He directed a movie titled Book of Chronicles by uche jumbo due to be released, I am a cast in that movie with likes of Gordons. So this is not Desmonds debut.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by executinal(m): 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
OOH DESMOND EDIOT GOOD ONE
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Afam4eva(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
phela:

He directed a movie titled Book of Chronicles by uche jumbo due to be released, I am a cast in that movie with likes of Gordons. So this is not Desmonds debut.
Who're you?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
phela:

@ the bolded, till its announcement then. Too soon to publicise.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2012
ItsModella:
He also directed a movie called "In the Cupboard" I watched it at Ozone this summer. In it was Ini Edo, Uti and some other people. To say the movie was good is an understatement. It was awesome. I watched Edikan on Africa magic, it's an Ibibio movie..it was very funny and interesting. In it was Ini Edo, Nse Ikpe Etim, Ini Ikpe, Moses Armstrong, Ime Bishop Umoh and some others. Desmond Elliot is the director to look out for these days.
I didn't watch the movie but I looked it up. I guess he is selective with his scripts and might be the reason he hasn't been directing much but I am looking forward to Reflections.

I'll watch Edikan tonight smiley
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2012
executinal: OOH DESMOND EDIOT GOOD ONE
You obviously got lost
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijebabe:

I'll watch Edikan tonight smiley
I think it's an Efik/Ibibio movie. I may be wrong though.
Re: Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" by ijebabe: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
I think it's an Efik/Ibibio movie. I may be wrong though.
They've got subtitles.
iROKO TV baby!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn New Mobile Tv / Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam / Most Romantic Movie You Have Ever Watched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.