Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted? (1900 Views)

Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' / What Would You Do If You Found Out That You Were Adopted? / What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted? by nous(f): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
I am just wondering? I have watched many movies (though never seen a life experience but I believe movies depict real life occurences) in which when an individual realises that he/she was adopted (the right way) the person feels anger towards his/her "parents" despite the fact that (in most cases) the person was treated normally as though he/she was biological child.
Isn't the person supposed to be greatful for being given a decent life?
Can people who have had this experience please relate how they felt and why they felt the way they felt when they realised they were adopted?
Also, can anyone explain the reason for this anger.
Thank you.
Re: Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2012
uhmm, it may appear as anger, but in actual fact i think its sadness. Sadness over the fact that they arnt related to 'this wonderful family' biologically. not seen it in real life too, but i can imagine the feeling must be a painful one.
Re: Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
Because they've been living a lie. They've been lied to by the people they trusted the most.

Which is why it's best to let them know they are adopted, from the time they've reached the age of comprehension, from about the age of 5. It's one heck of a shock when you suddenly find out at the age of 24.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted? by slimyem: 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
This is a no-brainer...
Op,its simple...
Just imagine "your parents" sitting you down to tell you now they are not actually "your parents".
Imagine how you'd feel and you have your answer!!
Re: Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted? by nous(f): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2012
slimyem: This is a no-brainer...
Op,its simple...
Just imagine "your parents" sitting you down to tell you now they are not actually "your parents".
Imagine how you'd feel and you have your answer!!

I have thought of it- I am a very imaginative person. But when I remember the way I was brought up in love, I think I won't be angry or sad. I might be curious as to who my biological parents are but I will be greatful(and would show my gratitude) to those who gave me a good atmosphere to grow in.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Girl Disgraced By Abuja Mob For Wearing Indecent Dress / A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. / Photo:child Looks Confused When He Met His Grandfather's Twin For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.