Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos (17433 Views)

Sony Opens Underwater Store In Dubai(Full Pictures) / RIM/BBM What-if-blackberry-messenger-had-gone-cross-platform / RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by onatisi(m): 2:17am On Sep 30, 2012
even if they bring their headquaters to nigeria,it wont bring any positive impact to their sales unless they reduce the price of their new phones to a level nigerians can afford ,but lets just wait and see nigerians are unpredictable .
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by DonaldGenes(m): 2:19am On Sep 30, 2012
Is it that you guys dont sleeeeeeeeeeeeep here or what?
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by NEROSKY(m): 2:51am On Sep 30, 2012
Wetin concern us 4 dat dull phone
blackburial sucks... My fwend jst bought N8 n am really jealous of em, am currently using E72,mehn u need to see d battery durability(duracel),16 million colour picture, HD GAMES(high definition), fast email alert, whatsapp(4 pinging) 2go ing,facebooking,twitting n many more can run at once,omg! ...Nokia rocks , enough multi tasking.ú should open all dis apps n see if u don't remove D battery+++ NB_THIS COME ARE FOR E72 only... Then if u cum acroz N8 #1 you wil zoom seun in his office wif 12 mp (41 mp) grin

2 Likes

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by bonetalk(m): 4:27am On Sep 30, 2012
ujukala: A welcome development.
a welcomed development, because bb is meant for girls like you
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by seantemple(m): 5:26am On Sep 30, 2012
 my foot. Make them pack leave Naija. Our Moni na for fairly and stolen phones period.

1 Like

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Todaynatoday: 5:42am On Sep 30, 2012
seantemple :
 my foot. Make them pack leave Naija. Our Moni na for fairly and stolen phones period.
You were supposed to say "your money" Not everybody in Nigeria buys stolen goods.

1 Like

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by aieromon(m): 5:57am On Sep 30, 2012
toluxa1: Finally I can get guaranteed original accessories especially battery! But even original batteries don't last. I think BB just generally have poor batteries!

I bought a 9800 battery from the Slot Blackberry Shop in July last year and the crap has packed up whereas the used battery that came with the AT$T branded phone is still working fine.

semid4lyfe:

Maybe but it was just officially opened this week. . . . .

It has been running since July last year. The only difference will be the free upgrades provided by the shop. Then,the guys there used to charge for any software services provided.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by obinna222: 6:08am On Sep 30, 2012
Good idea. But, Slot is not the best partner for this. Slot don't have a good after sales service. 2ndly, their phones appear to be refurbished.

1 Like

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 30, 2012
okpara ugo: The earlier Blackberry changes their phone design the better.

Touchscreen with absence of physical keyboard and a slimmer body as is obtainable with Apple and Samsung. They should also consider making an unlockable smartphone which could be adapted to any form of use.

If your style isnt working, just change it.
. Have u seen BB bold 10? Wait till it debuts!

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2012
stankezzy: blackberry is not even a smert fone,i wonder why nigerians are dieying for it.

blackberry is not even a smert fone,i wonder why nigerians are dieying for it.

loool, who is this joker?
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2012
NEROSKY: Wetin concern us 4 dat dull phone
blackburial sucks... My fwend jst bought N8 n am really jealous of em, am currently using E72,mehn u need to see d battery durability(duracel),16 million colour picture, HD GAMES(high definition), fast email alert, whatsapp(4 pinging) 2go ing,facebooking,twitting n many more can run at once,omg! ...Nokia rocks , enough multi tasking.ú should open all dis apps n see if u don't remove D battery+++ NB_THIS COME ARE FOR E72 only... Then if u cum acroz N8 #1 you wil zoom seun in his office wif 12 mp (41 mp) grin
It's like you are new to Nokia smartphones, E72 IS AN OLD PHONE!
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by semid4lyfe(m): 6:28am On Sep 30, 2012
aieromon:
I bought a 9800 battery from the Slot Blackberry Shop in July last year and the crap has packed up whereas the used battery that came with the AT$T branded phone is still working fine.

It has been running since July last year. The only difference will be the free upgrades provided by the shop. Then,the guys there used to charge for any software services provided.

Lol. . .you should know. By the way, how the Phone Biz? I hear sey u don dey rival the Slots of this world wink grin
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by gbadexy(m): 6:29am On Sep 30, 2012
Standard corporate organizations do market survey and feasibility studies, something not 'widely practiced' here.
The price of the imported fairly used BB won't be that much different from the new ones sold in nigeria and there is also an assurance of buying a genuine product and a legitimate deal.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 30, 2012
trendystuf: Kini big deal? I am tired of this BB self, its causing more harm than good.
http://trendysturvs..com
U are right I witnessed where it got a girl fired in Gtb right in my Presence for pinging on duty I pity d poor beautiful girl
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by newnaira: 6:46am On Sep 30, 2012
Now that's a welcome development. Rewarding their customers
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by solomon201(m): 7:02am On Sep 30, 2012
The only thing i fancy in BB is the data plan. 1400 or 1500 for unlimited data per month is not bad. I wonder why our service providers don't have same for symbian and android phones.

1 Like

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by donniemc: 7:24am On Sep 30, 2012
solomon201: The only thing i fancy in BB is the data plan. 1400 or 1500 for unlimited data per month is not bad. I wonder why our service providers don't have same for symbian and android phones.

simple...because they have a Deal with Blackberry
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2012
solomon201: The only thing i fancy in BB is the data plan. 1400 or 1500 for unlimited data per month is not bad. I wonder why our service providers don't have same for symbian and android phones.
unlimited on what network? They all have limits. Airtel 1400 is 1gig.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 30, 2012
Research In Motion, the maker of BlackBerry smartphones, posted another large quarterly loss on Thursday, but the shortfall was not as bad expected.

The Canadian firm is still losing market share in North America, where it struggles to compete with Apple's iPhone and phones that run Google's Android software. But it has stepped up sales in developing markets and increased its subscriber base and cash position.

RIM's stock surged more than 19% in after-market trading after the news.

The company reported that it lost $235m (£144m), or 45 cents a share, in its fiscal second quarter, which ended 1 September.

That compares with a profit of $419m, or 80 cents per share, a year ago. RIM reported revenue of $2.9bn.

Analysts had expected a loss of 47 cents on revenue of $2.49bn.

RIM said it shipped 7.4m BlackBerry phones in the quarter, down from 10.6m in the same period last year. Some analysts predicted RIM would ship only 6.4m devices as the company prepares to launch much-delayed new BlackBerrys that have been deemed critical to its survival.

RIM pioneered the smartphone in 1999 but American consumers have been abandoning BlackBerrys for flashier phones in recent years.

SOURCE
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by jhydebaba(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2012
Make den do promo like MTN's aeropane promo joor.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by lordZOUGA(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2012
unless they sell fairly used BBs...
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Hotdiamond(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2012
Rudebwoy: unlimited on what network? They all have limits. Airtel 1400 is 1gig.
emptyhen and etiBaba nko.
You dey dull o.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by rhymz(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2012
Like seriously, an enhanced battery life modification announcement would have done them way more good than announcing a 4ucking retail sale outlet that has been existing without any serious notice besides that black coloured building they erected in computer village. BB is only attractive to Nigerians at 2nd hand value, cos honestly there's hardly any difference between a brand new BB and a fairly used one, so kini big deal?
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by rhymz(m): 8:20am On Sep 30, 2012
NEROSKY: Wetin concern us 4 dat dull phone
I can Understand your Nokia praises cos as I write, I do it with my Nokia E5. There is hardly anything a blackberry phone can do that the Nokia E-series phones can not do, let alone the ones with improved ram size, camera quality, screen resolution way better battery life, ability to get push-up mails,Way faster internet connection than most blackberry phones and better operating software platforms. The advent of whatsapp just put a death stamp on the nokia phone as the software has way better connection abilities than The blackberry BBM, it is cross-platform softy that other smarter phones like the andriods, iphones, samsung and even the Blackberry phones can use without the BBM hot air. RIM needs to step up its game or risk dying off, all that 10min booting is so 90s abeg, no amount of retail store in Naija will solve their problems if they refuse to evolve and make their phones more user friendly and smarter phone to use than capittalize on asthetics and luxury that will pale off with time in the face of changing technology. Nigerians that buy BB most of the times buy the phone for status symbol and not functionality, if they continue to sell their phone on the basis of cosmetics, them go fade fast as they seem to be doing now.

1 Like

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Hotdiamond(m): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2012
Nokia should sue RIM. They stole Nokia lumia 800 design. Ole

1 Like

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by shugacaneman: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2012
stankezzy: blackberry is not even a smert fone,i wonder why nigerians are dieying for it.

Y Nigerians are dieing for it because, its the only smart fone in Nigeria the network providers gave the full subscription. Others u buy bundle to use
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by aieromon(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Lol. . .you should know. By the way, how the Phone Biz? I hear sey u don dey rival the Slots of this world wink grin
grin grin
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by NEROSKY(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2012
Rudebwoy: It's like you are new to Nokia smartphones, E72 IS AN OLD PHONE!
atleast, it's smarter dan all blackburial using Version 6, cuz dats d only version i used (bold 2 in specific)
nobody say make i run..
my roommate own na hanger we dey call am grin ,, becuz if he opens 2go n operamini at same tim ,mehn battery av 2be removed...
What baffles me most it's starting point, jst can't imagine how world dulliest phone loads as if it can run any app...
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 30, 2012
Rudebwoy: It's like you are new to Nokia smartphones, E72 IS AN OLD PHONE!

N8 sef na old phone.....Almost bought it when it was released as I was a Nokia fan but my friend convinced me to buy an android OS. Droid rocks!
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by NEROSKY(m): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2012
Hotdiamond: emptyhen and etiBaba nko.
You dey dull o.
Yea, mtn is unlimited,
dunno, if eti is,
anyway, am using airtel 1 BB plan 4 symbian..very enjoyable...
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2012
Wetin consign me with all those yeye smartphones? As long as I can make and receive calls and also send sms,I don't need all those phones! I dey enjoy my KPALASA phone die!
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by rhymz(m): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2012
NEROSKY:
Yea, mtn is unlimited,
dunno, if eti is,
anyway, am using airtel 1 BB plan 4 symbian..very enjoyable...
o boy e be like say me and you na thesame o...lol
i am using the airtel 1200 naira 1gb BB plan on my symbian phone and i dey enjoy am die....all u need do na send 440 to BSM and you get the 4cking BB msg that u ve been credited with 1gb bb bundle plan...lol...i even use it on my lappy sometimes but that one dey gulp mb too much..lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huawei Y3 Full Phone Specifications, Features And Price / How To Bypass Google Account Verification For Tecno, Infinix, Gionee & More / Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.