Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,792 members, 7,851,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos (17438 Views)

Sony Opens Underwater Store In Dubai(Full Pictures) / RIM/BBM What-if-blackberry-messenger-had-gone-cross-platform / RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by sleeky8(m): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2012
hadecunleh: That could mean hands-on on BB10 just few days after lunch. I hope that lunch saves there falling empire, rooting for apple though.
+clears throat+ bros it is spelt as "launch"
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by seechris(m): 11:31am On Sep 30, 2012
Am wondering how they plan to salvage their global woes with just African market, step up stronger RIM
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by drnoel: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: If they like make dem come open nam for my house sef. wetin I go carry BB do when droid dey my hand?

Fucck BB.
O boi abeg ask them. What is BB Abeg make we hear word.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
BB, the best thing to happen to mobile telecom/data marriage.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by santakris(m): 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
stankezzy: blackberry is not even a smert fone,i wonder why nigerians are dieying for it.

blackberry is not even a smert fone,i wonder why nigerians are dieying for it.

gbagaun.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by onatisi(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
pls evwryone i have a question,there has been a lot of talk about andriods and driods and so on but i have tries buying one online with a brand name like samsung or nokia but i havent,my question is this ,is androida brand ?and which company or caompanies produces it?i am really confused about this .thanks
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by UcLloyd: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
stankezzy: blackberry is not even a smert fone,i wonder why nigerians are dieying for it.

You are not a "smert" person too...
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by lawizle(m): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
rhymz: o boy e be like say me and you na thesame o...lol
i am using the airtel 1200 naira 1gb BB plan on my symbian phone and i dey enjoy am die....all u need do na send 440 to BSM and you get the 4cking BB msg that u ve been credited with 1gb bb bundle plan...lol...i even use it on my lappy sometimes but that one dey gulp mb too much..lol

Can I use on android too?
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by lawizle(m): 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
UcLloyd:

You are not a "smert" person too...

Laff wan kee me "dyeing" o!
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by lawizle(m): 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2012

You said dz 3times

I like ur boldness...but I don't like wat u r saying.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by EreluY(f): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
BB? Anyway, Nigeria has always been and remains the dumping ground for things rejected elsewhere on the planet! I'll stick to my smartphone.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by luluosas(m): 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
Though I have never use a smart phone before but, I commend RIM for this move. At least, this will make their African business growth strategic.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by luluosas(m): 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2012
onatisi: pls evwryone i have a question,there has been a lot of talk about andriods and driods and so on but i have tries buying one online with a brand name like samsung or nokia but i havent,my question is this ,is androida brand ?and which company or caompanies produces it?i am really confused about this .thanks
Android is 'not' a brand like Toyota, Samsung, LG or Volkswagen. It is a mobile operating system OS, owned by Google and used by mobile device manufacturers like HTC, LG, Samsung, Sony etc, for their smart phones. Thank you.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by nex(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
Research In Motion should fold up now when they haven't hit rock bottom. The BlackBerry 10 will be their final undoing.

Since the launch of the BlackBerry device, complaints have been about the battery. THE BATTERY!!! Is RIM so dumb that they don't know if they can make a battery that'll last 24 hours, their faithfuls will be excited? THE BATTERY!!!

Secondly, the BlackBerry has become luxury good. At least that's what it's being sold as. Features of luxury goods are DURABILITY, FUNCTIONALITY, then BEAUTY, SCARCITY, EXPENSE. The BlackBerry device has become COMMON, it is quite FRAGILE(my Bold 9900 which went kaput after 2 months of use), the only special function it has is the BBM, and in terms of looks, it doesn't measure up to competitors, but still it remains expensive. The BlackBerry Porsche to me, is the worst mistake RIM ever made. That showed the business community that the BlackBerry was no longer for them.

What is the BlackBerry 10 series going to do?! So far no decent feature has been announced. From the looks, it only shows that RIM is trying to manufacture an iPhone. Nothing more.

My advice to RIM is for them to close shop now, and not wait till they are completely down. They definitely had their run, and like the 300 Spartans, they've had their place in history.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by domifeanyi: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
Slot has been existing for the past 2 years, blackberry, refublished ones are sold more in the village, sometimes we don't even know the good new ones, coz all of them appear new. Blackberry should improve on 9360's battery life. And make 9800 upgradable.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by IYANGBALI: 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
how does that affect the price of ata rodo and alubosa in the market?
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hw does this affect the price of garri.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by donpata(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
I wonder if i will ever purchase a BB with ma hard earned cash... Its 2 me, a total waste of funds. When phones beta nokia phones like N97; N8, N9, E7, 808 Pureview, 701 i mean list dem, dey. These phones makes the smartphone xperience xtra wondafl. Wat else would i b doing with a BB? Chatting? LMAO. I gat better things doing. Thank God i no b ajebor, chatting, ping, BB, watever; 4 dey turn me crazy. I had rather managed a 3310 than 2 go 4 a more or less inflexible, "useless" device called BB... No offence.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by ouagadougou(m): 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2012
Yeah, they need to unload their crap in Nigeria, what else? angry
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by girlking(f): 10:48am On Oct 01, 2012
What me I'm interested in is if you would be able to return your phone and add a little extra money to purchase a higher model. Like they do in other countries.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Fukup(m): 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
These people should stop wastin their time and money,most nigerians only buy second hand value black berry's.so this move they made now wont make any much difference in increasing their sales.i could remember the time i wanted to buy curve 4 but thank God that a true friend of mine urged me to 4get about black berry and go for nokia e6.at least now,am enjoyin the nokia e6,long lasting ba3 life and i just upgraded it to nokia belle os.thanks to nokia.thats the only company i can rely on when it comes to phones.
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Israel5(m): 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2012
black's burden, beefed bulls, best bins(dustbin), bad belle, blind blacks, etc..all join(minus me o)..and na deir store dey dey bring..e gud sha. put God first anyways
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by ciphoenix: 7:42am On Oct 02, 2012
Thats great. My primary reason for buying blackberry phones is internet with unlimited bandwidth(BIS) which i can share via wifi with my laptop and other phones. #awesome
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 03, 2012
onatisi: pls evwryone i have a question,there has been a lot of talk about andriods and driods and so on but i have tries buying one online with a brand name like samsung or nokia but i havent,my question is this ,is androida brand ?and which company or caompanies produces it?i am really confused about this .thanks
Android - owned by Google, iOS - owned by Apple, symbianOS- now by Nokia, WebOS - by HP, blackberryOS - RIM,WINPHO (windows phone) - by microsoft, ETC. Wake up!!!
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by fistonati(m): 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
So where is address? I wanna change Z10 screen abeg. 30E9C9A7. Tnx
Re: RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos by fistonati(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
ciphoenix: Thats great. My primary reason for buying blackberry phones is internet with unlimited bandwidth(BIS) which i can share via wifi with my laptop and other phones. #awesome

How u dey do am? 30E9C9A7. Boys wan follow u.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market / Download Ttpod For Nokia N70/N72 Phone / Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.