Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,441 members, 7,861,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! (1475 Views)

"I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid / Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Is Hell Fire Too Extreme? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 30, 2012
A cousin of mine was just gisting me not quite long over d phone dat her friend(female) got arrested for putting on a trouser in d redeem camp..and seriously i went wtf?! Arrested for wearing trouser?! Oh my goodness.....
But really where should we draw d line on such issues. I personally believe its absolute bullshiit doing such..and dat is just assuming pants wearing for ladies is wrong, of which i personally don't even believe its wrong cos d bible didn't state in particular which clothing is for men and which is for women.
Anyway fellows wat dyu av to say bout it.
>Is it even right for d redeem church(d headquarter-camp) to enforce such laws??
>Dyu also think its unchristian-like for ladies to put on pant??
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by Nobody: 3:41am On Sep 30, 2012
it is a lie
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by mikeywise(m): 5:01am On Sep 30, 2012
@Op, am sure dis story aint true,in Redeem, women wear trousers to church. Pls confirm from ur cousin †ђξ real reason why her friend was arrested.
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by Maxymilliano(m): 5:03am On Sep 30, 2012
Poster, bringing a reported issue from a third party and presenting it as fact only exposes your gullibility at swallowing falsehood.

Go back again and find out from your cousin's friend why exactly she was arrested.

Pant trouser is a common trend among the female worshippers and students, there's no discrimination against such at RCCG except if indecent.
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by OmoAlata(f): 7:08am On Sep 30, 2012
She was probably on the FBI's Most wanted list and the church was the only place they could nab her grin
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 30, 2012
@op. Maybe she abused the previlege. If I may ask, is the trouser worth wearing to church?
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by Favour009(m): 8:26am On Sep 30, 2012
It a big lieee....
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by okeyxyz(m): 8:48am On Sep 30, 2012
booqee: A cousin of mine was just gisting me not quite long over d phone dat her friend(female) got arrested for putting on a trouser in d redeem camp..and seriously i went wtf?! Arrested for wearing trouser?! Oh my goodness.....
But really where should we draw d line on such issues. I personally believe its absolute bullshiit doing such..and dat is just assuming pants wearing for ladies is wrong, of which i personally don't even believe its wrong cos d bible didn't state in particular which clothing is for men and which is for women.
Anyway fellows wat dyu av to say bout it.
>Is it even right for d redeem church(d headquarter-camp) to enforce such laws??
>Dyu also think its unchristian-like for ladies to put on pant??

Assuming the above is true. If a woman is arrested for wearing trousers in the church camp, does it not mean the trousers are not allowed for women in such gathering??(assuming) Yet your friend chooses to deliberately go against this doctrine and expects to be hugged and praised for her offense?? Now you are here spewing fire & brimstone in support of this same offender?? If you or your friend truly believe there is nothing wrong with women wearing trousers in church then why the heck!! don't you/your friend move yourself to another church where such manner of dressing is celebrated? I'd hope some common sense would tell her that, but it seems this is lacking(Assuming). And this is what you are defending??
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 30, 2012
I doubt if its a lie. As a matter of fact i'm in d camp, my church(which is not redeem) is using a guest house in d camp for a programme. Me and some other pple just decided to do a tour around d camp being d first time there, d keke napep man dat drove us around told us dat its advisable dat for those wearing trousers(2girls wear putting on pants) should go and change cos they may get arrested for it..i tot he was even joking. Wen we got to d old auditorium area, we got down to buy something, and d woman selling said d same thing..dat d person will be detained for 24hrs if no one comes to bail. Twas only yesterday wen we i was on phone with my cousin..and i gisted her bout it being a redeemer and she confirmed it with d story of her friend. Whether its a lie or not..well i can't say. D fact remains dat, there's d threat of doing just dat.
I find it annoying cos i'm not a redeemer and i'm not bound by their laws so why should I or any of us be arrested..on such ground.
Btw nobody can justify it dat trouser is even wrong for women..
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by deekseen(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2012
[quote author=okeyxyz]

Assuming the above is true. If a woman is arrested for wearing trousers in the church camp, does it not mean the trousers are not allowed for women in such gathering??(assuming) Yet your friend chooses to deliberately go against this doctrine and expects to be hugged and praised for her offense?? Now you are here spewing fire & brimstone in support of this same offender??
Right on, bro!

@OP
If trousers are not allowed in a particular type of gathering, why go there in them? Female muslim worshippers have a particular type of trousers they wear to worship, and that's what they put on. Obedience is the first law in Heaven!
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by deekseen(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2012
Is this not simple? If you choose to be in a particular gathering or place, stick with their laws and principles. Nowhere is it stated that ladies wearing trousers is a sin or something, but if a particular occasion doesn't permit it, why put it on?
booqee: I doubt if its a lie. As a matter of fact i'm in d camp, my church(which is not redeem) is using a guest house in d camp for a programme. Me and some other pple just decided to do a tour around d camp being d first time there, d keke napep man dat drove us around told us dat its advisable dat for those wearing trousers(2girls wear putting on pants) should go and change cos they may get arrested for it..i tot he was even joking. Wen we got to d old auditorium area, we got down to buy something, and d woman selling said d same thing..dat d person will be detained for 24hrs if no one comes to bail. Twas only yesterday wen we i was on phone with my cousin..and i gisted her bout it being a redeemer and she confirmed it with d story of her friend. Whether its a lie or not..well i can't say. D fact remains dat, there's d threat of doing just dat.
I find it annoying cos i'm not a redeemer and i'm not bound by their laws so why should I or any of us be arrested..on such ground.
Btw nobody can justify it dat trouser is even wrong for women..
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by cleric(m): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2012
A lot of folks don't know the true doctrine in RCCG.
Re: Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2012
cleric: A lot of folks don't know the true doctrine in RCCG.
Yes, and unfortunately some "members" too dont know the doctrine.

(1) (Reply)

Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed / Be Careful When Satan Appears As An Angel Of Light / Why Sunday School Classes Are Better Than Sermons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.