Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed (1463 Views)

Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by ono(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/08/cameroons-president-orders-pentecostal-churches-closed.html

Cameroon’s President Paul Biya has ordered the closure of nearly 100 Christian churches in key cities, citing criminal practices organized by Pentecostal pastors that threaten the security of the West African nation.
But Pentecostal pastors said the move is evidence of Biya’s insecurity about the churches’ criticism of the government.
Biya is using the military to permanently shut down all Pentecostal church denominations in the nation’s capital, Yaounde, and the North West Regional capital, Bamenda, which have the largest Christian populations in Cameroon.
More than 50 churches have now been closed, with the government targeting nearly 100 in eight other regions.
“We will get rid of all the so-called Christian Pentecostal pastors who misuse the name of Jesus Christ to fake miracles and kill citizens in their churches. They have outstretched their liberty,” Mbu Anthony Lang, a government official in Bamenda, told our source Wednesday.
Nearly 500 Pentecostal churches operate in Cameroon, but fewer than 50 are legal, he added.
On Sunday, a 9-year-old Christian girl collapsed and died during a prayer session in Winners’ Chapel, a Pentecostal church in Bamenda. The girl’s mother, Mih Theresa, told our source @ newsinnigeria Wednesday that the pastor intended to cast out the numerous demons that were in control of her daughter’s life.
“I want the government to stop these pastors who use mysterious powers to pull Christians and kill then for more powers. All my children have ran away from the Catholic Church in search for miracles, signs and wonders,” she told our source while holding back tears.
Another Christian, Mveng Thomas, said his marriage ended abruptly when a Pentecostal pastor ordered his wife to dissolve their union. He said the pastor described him as “an unrepentant devil.”
Pastors marched against the government’s decision Wednesday in Bamenda and Douala. Pastors said the Biya government sees the mass proliferation of churches as a threat.
Boniface Tum, a bishop of the Christian Church of God in Yaounde, said that Biya, who has been president since 1982, is becoming insecure about the freedom of speech within these churches.
“Authorizing only the Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Muslim, and a few other churches, is a strict violation of the right to religion,” Tum added.
Targeted Pentecostal Christians in Bamenda are transforming their private homes into churches.
North West Regional governor Adolphe Lele L’Afrique said Wednesday that police had discovered the abduction of 30 children under age 18 by a pastor in Bamenda. The pastor said he wanted to remove the children from a bad society, Lele added.
Government officials also say that some pastors convince congregants that they do not need professional medical treatment for their ailments.
“How can a pastor say the sick needs no medical doctor? We need sanity in our Christian lives,” Nyang Blaise, a youth leader for Biya’s ruling party, CPDM, told our source
One woman said her mother was refusing cancer treatments because of her pastor.
“My mother’s condition is worsening after doctors confirmed she had cancer. She is dying silently, and yet we cannot persuade her to see a doctor for proper treatment, against her pastor’s wish,” Deborah Tanyi said.
Re: Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by olaric(m): 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
A modern day Jeroboam.
Re: Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
This move is very silly. What exactly is he afraid of The people are asking for good governance and better leadership and he comes up with this? I just can't understand the way some so called leaders think. At least I have now seen someone GEJ is better than.
Re: Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by plaetton: 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
striktlymi: This move is very silly. What exactly is he afraid of The people are asking for good governance and better leadership and he comes up with this? I just can't understand the way some so called leaders think. At least I have now seen someone GEJ is better than.

Don't be a Hypocrite man.
Although the freedom of religion and association is sacrosanct, Africans today have to take a firm stand against the poisonous stench of pentecostal christianity, the very worst the christianity has ever produced.

We can all sit idly and put our heads in the sand and pretend that all is good and well, or we can take a proactive stand against mental holocaust being perpetrated by a clique of criminals under the guise of a religion.

Lets be honest and take full stock of what is gong on in Nigeria , and ask ourselves whether what we are seeing are religious expressions or the machinations of an organized crime syndicate.

Take for example, Adeboye's call for donations for his auditorium.
He is asking individuals to donate 1 billion Naira($6.25 million).
Now, Even in the USA, the richest nation on earth, there is no way, a pastor can ask individuals to donate $6.25m to a non-charitable cause.
How does a pastor of aid-receiving nation like Nigeria ask his citizens to donate, not for malaria research, not for scholarships, not for vocational centers, not for public libraries, but for a church auditorium.

Who else are Adeboye baiting than corrupt politicians and government officials?
Adeboye and his kind are elevating and glorifying corruption in a very high and detrimental level.

I commend the President of Cameroun for this bold and audacious move , and I sincerely hope he keeps his feel permanently down.
Re: Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^^

First of, you failed to demonstrate why you say I am hypocritical...

Secondly, we live in a world where freedom of speech and expression is the norm...to support a notion that deprives one of this freedom, makes you the hypocrite in this regard because I am very sure that you wouldn't want any government to outlaw Atheism for whatever reason.

Thirdly, T.D Jakes is the richest MoG in the world and I am almost sure that he did not attain that status by having his own 'business'. The last time I checked, he is from the US and he is definitely not wanted by the police.
Re: Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by PastorKun(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
ono: http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/08/cameroons-president-orders-pentecostal-churches-closed.html

Cameroon’s President Paul Biya has ordered the closure of nearly 100 Christian churches in key cities, citing criminal practices organized by Pentecostal pastors that threaten the security of the West African nation.
But Pentecostal pastors said the move is evidence of Biya’s insecurity about the churches’ criticism of the government.
Biya is using the military to permanently shut down all Pentecostal church denominations in the nation’s capital, Yaounde, and the North West Regional capital, Bamenda, which have the largest Christian populations in Cameroon.
More than 50 churches have now been closed, with the government targeting nearly 100 in eight other regions.
“We will get rid of all the so-called Christian Pentecostal pastors who misuse the name of Jesus Christ to fake miracles and kill citizens in their churches. They have outstretched their liberty,” Mbu Anthony Lang, a government official in Bamenda, told our source Wednesday.
Nearly 500 Pentecostal churches operate in Cameroon, but fewer than 50 are legal, he added.
On Sunday, a 9-year-old Christian girl collapsed and died during a prayer session in Winners’ Chapel, a Pentecostal church in Bamenda. The girl’s mother, Mih Theresa, told our source @ newsinnigeria Wednesday that the pastor intended to cast out the numerous demons that were in control of her daughter’s life.
“I want the government to stop these pastors who use mysterious powers to pull Christians and kill then for more powers. All my children have ran away from the Catholic Church in search for miracles, signs and wonders,” she told our source while holding back tears.
Another Christian, Mveng Thomas, said his marriage ended abruptly when a Pentecostal pastor ordered his wife to dissolve their union. He said the pastor described him as “an unrepentant devil.”
Pastors marched against the government’s decision Wednesday in Bamenda and Douala. Pastors said the Biya government sees the mass proliferation of churches as a threat.
Boniface Tum, a bishop of the Christian Church of God in Yaounde, said that Biya, who has been president since 1982, is becoming insecure about the freedom of speech within these churches.
“Authorizing only the Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Muslim, and a few other churches, is a strict violation of the right to religion,” Tum added.
Targeted Pentecostal Christians in Bamenda are transforming their private homes into churches.
North West Regional governor Adolphe Lele L’Afrique said Wednesday that police had discovered the abduction of 30 children under age 18 by a pastor in Bamenda. The pastor said he wanted to remove the children from a bad society, Lele added.
Government officials also say that some pastors convince congregants that they do not need professional medical treatment for their ailments.
“How can a pastor say the sick needs no medical doctor? We need sanity in our Christian lives,” Nyang Blaise, a youth leader for Biya’s ruling party, CPDM, told our source
One woman said her mother was refusing cancer treatments because of her pastor.
“My mother’s condition is worsening after doctors confirmed she had cancer. She is dying silently, and yet we cannot persuade her to see a doctor for proper treatment, against her pastor’s wish,” Deborah Tanyi said.

If only this can be replicated in Nigeria. Pentecostal 'christianity' is the worst virus ravaging the body of christ today.
Re: Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by elampiro(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
Following....

I saw a part where they said a 9 years old girl collapsed and died during a prayer session in Winners Chapel. Hmmmmmm

Make I waka pass first.
Re: Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by PastorAIO: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2013
I personally wouldn't go against the pentecostal churches just for being pentecostal churches. I would campaign against criminal and fraudulent activities, focusing on pentecostal churches. I would shine a torch on them and anywhere that I see fraud and crime against citizens I will act to punish the criminals to the full extent of the law. I will also move to make the said full extent of the law very full indeed by increasing the punishments for such vile and evil behaviours.

If you just went for pentecostal churches just because they were pentecostal churches there is the danger that it will foster a victim mentality.

However if you just went for Criminals and call them such then they can't say 'ah poor me, the government is victimising me just because I'm a criminal, this government is bad o!'.

(1) (Reply)

Ritual Killings; 2 Pastors Of Lord's Chosen Church, 4 Others Nabbed!!! / Christianity "Then" And "Now" / 'eat Grass Pastor Makes His Congregation Drink PETROL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.