Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. (3652 Views)

Pat Utomi Shares His Thoughts About Anambra Election - Distressing Politics / Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria / Jinadu-josefu's Thoughts About Western Dominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by mileseer: 9:09am On Sep 30, 2012
There are kind people almost everywhere, especially women. Majority of Westerners who visit Ghana would affirm that Ghanaians are hospitable and generous people. Most West Africans would, however, disagree with that observation. I bow my head in shame conceding this truth. Nigerians, Sierra Leoneans, Liberians and many other West African nationals are cast in a certain light on the mind of the typical Ghanaian - uncultured and prone to immoral behavior. Nigeriophobia is an example. This is the irrational fear that almost every Nigerian is prone to criminal behavior and that one must avoid coming in contact with them at every possible opportunity. This unfounded fear is widespread not only in Ghana but around the continent and beyond. There is no truth to this, however. Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa and the 7th populous in the world and has over six times the population of Ghana. In terms of land mass, Nigeria is about four times the size of Ghana. I can put it in this form - in every square mile of random world population, a Nigerian has about 1.9-2.0% chance of appearing than a Ghanaian. The Ghanaian population is about 15% of the Nigerian. One and half (1.5) percent of the Nigerian population is about 2.4million. That is the population of Accra and Cape Coast combined. Imagine criminals the size of both Accra and Cape Coast' populations combined, unleashed on the world from a single country. Well that is one and half percent of the Nigerian population. By these mathematical considerations, it makes lots of sense to dismiss the notion that almost every Nigerian is prone to criminal behavior. The intelligent approach to this is to consider every criminal or immoral behavior on individual basis. Every Ghanaian is only credit to Ghana but personally responsible for their actions. If this principle is true, we can agree that it applies to every country.

We can easily deduce that, the prejudice towards other West Africans in Ghana is borne out of the cultural differences. It is true for instance that there exist vast cultural differences between say Liberia and Ghana. Taking Liberia for instance, the country was founded only in the mid nineteenth century by black colonialists who migrated from the United States. They were the freed black slaves who settled and colonized the indigenous in that area. In addition, freed slaves from captured slave ships were also sent there. The area was saturated with racial supremacy as the Americans thought of themselves as being more superior over the indigenous and other slaves. Unlike us, large portion of the population did not have any deep-seated cultural heritage to guide them. It was a whole new beginning for them. Whilst most Ghanaian ethnicities and its' heritage have been in existence in this area for hundreds of years, Liberia and most of its ethnicities have only been around for less than 200 years. Majority of them lacks distant cultural background. Under this basis, you should understand why a Liberian may behave in a manner which may be misconstrued by the Ghanaian as uncultured. One can make the case that their cultural refinement is taking its own pace. Is that not a characteristic of a young society?

http://www.modernghana.com/news/419420/1/my-journey-across-west-africa-pt-4-the-ride-throug.html
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by mileseer: 9:57am On Sep 30, 2012
We must start a course to make Nigeriophobia an English word grin

1 Like

Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by ikeyman00(m): 10:04am On Sep 30, 2012
@@@@@@@@
sorry we are Biafrans not Nigerians
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by Callotti: 11:27am On Sep 30, 2012
By these mathematical considerations, it makes lots of sense to dismiss the notion that almost every Nigerian is prone to criminal behavior. The intelligent approach to this is to consider every criminal or immoral behavior on individual basis. Every Ghanaian is only credit to Ghana but personally responsible for their actions. If this principle is true, we can agree that it applies to every country.

Absolutely correct. grin
Not every Nigerian is prone to criminal behavior.

Not every disciple sold Jesus like Judas Iscariot.
But the harm affected all Christians. . . .and the whole world, after Jesus was killed for nothing.

Lessons learned:Evil is borne by the collective group, even when a few are the perpetrators.
Individuals make up any society. . .As a Nigerian. . .you have to share the collective pride and shame of your fellow individuals. We are ALL affected as the world does not see you as individuals. . .BUT AS A SOCIETY OR GROUP! kiss
A shameful act by ONE Nigerian is a shameful act to ALL Nigerians.

Thank you very much! kiss
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2012
mileseer: We must start a course to make Nigeriophobia an English word grin
wonderful!
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by mileseer: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
Callotti:

Absolutely correct. grin
Not every Nigerian is prone to criminal behavior.

Not every disciple sold Jesus like Judas Iscariot.
But the harm affected all Christians. . . .and the whole world, after Jesus was killed for nothing.

Lessons learned:Evil is borne by the collective group, even when a few are the perpetrators.
Individuals make up any society. . .As a Nigerian. . .you have to share the collective pride and shame of your fellow individuals. We are ALL affected as the world does not see you as individuals. . .BUT AS A SOCIETY OR GROUP! kiss
A shameful act by ONE Nigerian is a shameful act to ALL Nigerians.

Thank you very much! kiss

I haven't been in Nigeria for over a decade yet I get abused daily for the sake of being one. However most intelligent people, as observed by the writer are able to understand that not all Nigerian share the same behavior and ethics.
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by mileseer: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2012
berem: wonderful!

I am sure you have some experience to share.
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by cjrane: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2012
I personally don't like the male Ghanians.Their females are usually polite,intelligent and with a modern world view.Their males are usually filled with serious inferiority complex and unnecessary jealousy.Especially the Twi and Asante amongst them. The Ewes seem more educated and sophisticated in their world view. I guess the average Ghana man attitude has to do with the psychological trauma that comes with many years they remained one of the poorest countries in Africa.Anyhow, the Ghanian males are usually unintelligent and almost primitive in their thinking.
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by mileseer: 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
cjrane: I personally don't like the male Ghanians.Their females are usually polite,intelligent and with a modern world view.Their males are usually filled with serious inferiority complex and unnecessary jealousy.Especially the Twi and Asante amongst them. The Ewes seem more educated and sophisticated in their world view. I guess the average Ghana man attitude has to do with the psychological trauma that comes with many years they remained one of the poorest countries in Africa.Anyhow, the Ghanian males are usually unintelligent and almost primitive in their thinking.

Your observation cannot be entirely correct. Almost all the Ghanaian males I know in Los Angeles are intelligent and welcoming. I am sure they would say the same thing about Nigerians if another Ghanaian were to make the same claims you just made. Don't let your experience with one or few people to cloud your opinion of an entire country. As a Nigerian, that is exactly what I am suffering from. People find it difficult to trust you due to your mere nationality. There should be a way to combat this.
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by RickyRoss1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
It is mostly ignorant fools that have such believes. Not all Nigerians are bad, not all Ghanaians are saints. There are good and bad people from every country, every tribe and every religion. In Nigeria we have corrupt politicians, 419 scammers and drug barons and so is Ghana and every other country. There is no sin a Nigerian commits that Ghanians don't commit. Even in Nigeria we will always claim some tribes have more criminals than others, my tribe is better, my religion is better etc. This "MY SHIT DONT SMELL MENTALITY" is an African problem.

I have been opportuned to visit so many African countries, we all think and behave alike. While I was still dating, I was in Gambia and was dating a certain girl there, my friends from other tribes frowned at me dating this girl, they claim her tribe in Gambia are very backward, very lazy and that she would eventually steal my money and run away with my children if I marry her.

In Ghana it is the same thing. Every tribe in Ghana claims they are better than others, go to GHANAWEB on daily basis and see how Ghanains turn every news or post into tribal war. if you think we hate each other in Nigeria you aint seen nothing, in Ghana it is worst.

Nigerians are hated mostly because we are very successful. Hate it or love it, Nigerians are the most successful black Africans. I have been in and out of many American and European cities, most successful black Africans there are Nigerians. It is the same all over Africa. This tends to create envy and jealousy amongst other black Africans. In South Africa we are hated bc we are successful. The SA men are mostly lazy and cowards, they are surprised why Nigerians will come from West Africa and own all these hotels and big restaurants.

In Ghana most of the Ghana girls want and like Nigerian men. The Ghana men hate Nigerians because they claim we come to ghana with nothing, within few years we build houses everywhere, buy big big cars and marry their most educated females. It is not our fault that we succeed everywhere we go. In Ghana i have been called a ritualist, 419 scammer and blood money because every business i touches my hand turns to gold. These days they dont know what name to call me again, because I didnt let their envy weigh me down, rather I worked extra hard to make sure my competitors dont see my back.

Finally, it is not what others think about you as a Nigerian that matters, it is what you think about yourself. I will advise all well meaning Nigerians all over the world to ignore those ignorant fools and work extra hard. Let them hate as much as they like while we keep conquering Africa, let the money keeps piling up while they die of envy and jealousy. Remember if no one talks about you then you are nobody. if you look at our respective villages, the rich people are always bad mouthed and talked about bc they are very important, but the poor people are ignored bc they are irrelevant- I DON TALK FINISH

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ricky_Ross: It is mostly ignorant fools that have such believes. Not all Nigerians are bad, not all Ghanaians are saints. There are good and bad people from every country, every tribe and every religion. In Nigeria we have corrupt politicians, 419 scammers and drug barons and so is Ghana and every other country. There is no sin a Nigerian commits that Ghanians don't commit. Even in Nigeria we will always claim some tribes have more criminals than others, my tribe is better, my religion is better etc. This "MY SHIT DONT SMELL MENTALITY" is an African problem.

I have been opportuned to visit so many African countries, we all think and behave alike. While I was still dating, I was in Gambia and was dating a certain girl there, my friends from other tribes frowned at me dating this girl, they claim her tribe in Gambia are very backward, very lazy and that she would eventually steal my money and run away with my children if I marry her.

In Ghana it is the same thing. Every tribe in Ghana claims they are better than others, go to GHANAWEB on daily basis and see how Ghanains turn every news or post into tribal war. if you think we hate each other in Nigeria you aint seen nothing, in Ghana it is worst.

Nigerians are hated mostly because we are very successful. Hate it or love it, Nigerians are the most successful black Africans. I have been in and out of many American and European cities, most successful black Africans there are Nigerians. It is the same all over Africa. This tends to create envy and jealousy amongst other black Africans. In South Africa we are hated bc we are successful. The SA men are mostly lazy and cowards, they are surprised why Nigerians will come from West Africa and own all these hotels and big restaurants.

In Ghana most of the Ghana girls want and like Nigerian men. The Ghana men hate Nigerians because they claim we come to ghana with nothing, within few years we build houses everywhere, buy big big cars and marry their most educated females. It is not our fault that we succeed everywhere we go. In Ghana i have been called a ritualist, 419 scammer and blood money because every business i touches my hand turns to gold. These days they dont know what name to call me again, because I didnt let their envy weigh me down, rather I worked extra hard to make sure my competitors dont see my back.

Finally, it is not what others think about you as a Nigerian that matters, it is what you think about yourself. I will advise all well meaning Nigerians all over the world to ignore those ignorant fools and work extra hard. Let them hate as much as they like while we keep conquering Africa, let the money keeps piling up while they die of envy and jealousy. Remember if no one talks about you then you are nobody. if you look at our respective villages, the rich people are always bad mouthed and talked about bc they are very important, but the poor people are ignored bc they are irrelevant- I DON TALK FINISH

Abeg I go buy you beer. Which brand you dey drink?
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by Shaw007(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
^^
^^
Ricky_ross !!!!!!!!!!
A million likes for ur post brother!! It said everything hidden in my heart that my mind found no words 2 describe!! U just said IT ALL!!! Is it even surprisig we produced 2 of the richest black men In the world!! That is just a testament to our success. . .others can go on and die of silent envy
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by solomon111(m): 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2012
I did not bother to read what you posted,
cos i am tired of all these ghanaian,SA,malawian,e.t.c, thoughts on Nigeria.
When did china begin to care about what people think about them?.
Enough is enough,with all this inferiority threads.
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by Rossikk(m): 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
pDude:

Hahahaha... grin
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by Callotti: 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2012
mileseer:

I haven't been in Nigeria for over a decade yet I get abused daily for the sake of being one. However most intelligent people, as observed by the writer are able to understand that not all Nigerian share the same behavior and ethics.

It is either you have poor eyesight or you have a comprehension problem.
Or ALL OF THE ABOVE. In any case. . .I cannot help you. grin

The writer is 'intelligent' because he has written what would soothe your ego of mediocrity.
Do you need a Ghanaian or any other to define who or what you are? undecided

Let us wait for another African to write a contrary perspective. . .so you MAY NOT sleep well at night, because he or she may be DEEMED unintelligent by YOUR ROYAL MAJESTY.
Only people with low self-esteem need others to make them feel better by one form of validation or another.

Please, next time you ATTEMPT TO READ OR QUOTE MY POSTS. . . TRY to also read/quote between the lines of what your see. . . NOT JUST THE LINES! My posts can ONLY be read and understood by the more-than-average readers, even with poor eyesight.
NOT BY AWON 'LOST-IN-TRANSLATION' NL BRANCH! kiss

Ciao!
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by RickyRoss1(m): 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
pDude:

Hahahaha, brotherly, any red wine will do lol

Happy Independent day to all Nigerians
Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
I love my Ghanaians brother. I live and do my business in Ghana. Ghanaians are just too good.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by OXYGEN01: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
cjrane:
I personally don't like the male Ghanians.Their females are usually polite,intelligent and with a modern world view.Their males are usually filled with serious inferiority complex and unnecessary jealousy.Especially the Twi and Asante amongst them. The Ewes seem more educated and sophisticated in their world view. I guess the average Ghana man attitude has to do with the psychological trauma that comes with many years they remained one of the poorest countries in Africa.Anyhow, the Ghanian males are usually unintelligent and almost primitive in their thinking.
Ignorant slowpoke [(Twi is a language spoken by the Akan(which includes Ashantis) tribe in Ghana )]
You are as stupid as a dog.You know nothing about Ghana yet u are here talking trash,forgotten u are a nigerian.
An oil producing country where its citizens are damn poor.
You are not even ashamed.
A country where nothing works.
A country where u fools eat human meat.Primitive and uncivilized idiots.
Imagine a smelly nigerian labelling Ghana as poor.Hahahaha
You mean nigeria which borrows before paying public workers ain't poor?
You mean a country where over 120 million people live under $1 a day ain't poor?
A major oil and gas producing country without electricity ain't poor?
This clearly shows that nigerians ain't normal
Suffering and smiling morons.
A Ghanaian was the first EVER BLACK U.N Secretary of State. Can anybody from that useless good for nothing filthy country of yours attain such position?
A Ghanaian will not kill another Ghanaian just because of religion or politics or tribalism etc
So which people are the primitive and unintelligent here?
nigerian males are not just primitive and unintelligent but foolish and stupid as well.
Killing and bombing is a daily norm in that zoo.
I even feel ashamed when I see Ghana and nigeria in one sentence
How on earth can u f.oo.ls even think of comparing yourselves to Ghanaians?
I hardly hear a Ghanaian comparing him/herself or country to nigeria(ns) but you guys are so obsessed with Ghana to the extent that the only country most nigerians know is Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. by Vulu: 1:04am On Jun 22, 2015
OXYGEN01:
Ignorant slowpoke [(Twi is a language spoken by the Akan(which includes Ashantis) tribe in Ghana )]
You are as stupid as a dog.You know nothing about Ghana yet u are here talking trash,forgotten u are a nigerian.
An oil producing country where its citizens are damn poor.
You are not even ashamed.
A country where nothing works.
A country where u fools eat human meat.Primitive and uncivilized idiots.
Imagine a smelly nigerian labelling Ghana as poor.Hahahaha
You mean nigeria which borrows before paying public workers ain't poor?
You mean a country where over 120 million people live under $1 a day ain't poor?
A major oil and gas producing country without electricity ain't poor?
This clearly shows that nigerians ain't normal
Suffering and smiling morons.
A Ghanaian was the first EVER BLACK U.N Secretary of State. Can anybody from that useless good for nothing filthy country of yours attain such position?
A Ghanaian will not kill another Ghanaian just because of religion or politics or tribalism etc
So which people are the primitive and unintelligent here?
nigerian males are not just primitive and unintelligent but foolish and stupid as well.
Killing and bombing is a daily norm in that zoo.
I even feel ashamed when I see Ghana and nigeria in one sentence
How on earth can u f.oo.ls even think of comparing yourselves to Ghanaians?
I hardly hear a Ghanaian comparing him/herself or country to nigeria(ns) but you guys are so obsessed with Ghana to the extent that the only country most nigerians know is Ghana.

Oga calm down. President Buhari has promised to pay us #5000 every month, so we won't be poor again. Watc

(1) (Reply)

Question For The Advocates Of Separation / Do you know Who killed Ambrose Ali? history Re-visited / Diesel Price Still ₦147..... When Would Drop In Oil Price Affect Diesel In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.