Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria (17666 Views)

Fire Explosion At Allen Gas,Okota Lagos,Many Feared Dead,Others Injured(Photos) / Bomb Explosion Destroys Ohanaeze Secretariat In Enugu / Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by nenergy(m): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hmmm, NIGERIA MUST SUCCEED O! I used to believe that my personal success wasn't dependent on the success of Nigeria. But the tanker explosion at Ajah (Lagos) this morning, woke me up from my delusion. The scene was like something from the movie 2012. People running helter-skelter, traders abandoning their wares and a massive bellow of fire raising to the sky. For 15 minutes my life was disrupted. I forgot about work, my book project and even the plans i have for my July salary. When calm return and my life began to piece itself together, i thought to myself; "If i'm to have peace, Nigeria must have peace. If i'm to succeed, Nigeria must succeed." I pray, may the peace of God reign in Nigeria. May those who have sworn to trouble Nigeria be troubled till they abandon their devilish campaign. May God guide our leaders right and help them lead us to the promise land. Amen! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

205 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nice one OP! I hope all Nigerians should see this thread. Nigeria is our country, let us restore her glory.

13 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Aizebioje(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Enviroment affects how an organism grows and develop. You cannot be independent of your enviroment!

6 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by ebamma3: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
i have lost faith in organised religion
i have lost faith in humanity
i have lost faith in the unity of this country

15 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by sexkilzaphull: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
nenergy: Hmmm, NIGERIA MUST SUCCEED O! I used to believe that my personal success wasn't dependent on the success of Nigeria. But the tanker explosion at Ajah (Lagos) this morning, woke me up from my delusion. The scene was like something from the movie 2012. People running helter-skelter, traders abandoning their wares and a massive bellow of fire raising to the sky. For 15 minutes my life was disrupted. I forgot about work, my book project and even the plans i have for my July salary. When calm return and my life began to piece itself together, i thought to myself; "If i'm to have peace, Nigeria must have peace. If i'm to succeed, Nigeria must succeed." I pray, may the peace of God reign in Nigeria. May those who have sworn to trouble Nigeria be troubled till they abandon their devilish campaign. May God guide our leaders right and help them lead us to the promise land. Amen! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I hope Nigerians start voting with common sense, not cutting off their noses to spite their faces!

10 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by gbokukueba(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Its a shame that in 2013 we do not have an appropriate disaster management system. We as citizens do not even know what to do in an emergency like that. We do not have a National Safety System we are very reactic never proactive then at the end of the day things we should have done with 'common sense' we go to church to give testimonies...

6 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
lmao, thankGod for your Life
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Salmoneus(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Even if Nigeria was a success things like this would happen, disaster is imminent for ALL countries!! Developed or developing.

5 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by OCTAVO: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
cheesy
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Blessmira: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
There is need 4 peace n orderliness in d country. Believin God 4 d best. smiley
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by ZN2: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
This is it? That's all?

From the title I assumed it was a terrorist who converted after an accidental bomb discharge. undecided

Your views shared though@OP.

6 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Blessmira: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
code_0: THE ILLUMATI LET OBAMA MICROCHIP TAKE
ON NIGERIA. THE 77 VIRGINS SINGS WITH
JOY. OH OBAMA, OH NIGERIA. HUHAHAHI.

Which way u Nigerian? sad
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by ubongutioh(m): 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
What's really your point. What has the fire got to do with Nigeria succeeding? How did the fire change you? What were you before? @OP.

5 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by imsuboi(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
'
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by dridowu: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
For Peace to come to Nigeria, then will MUST do away with TRIBALISM, RELIGION and CORRUPTION ISSUE. We need to love one another.
GOD BLESS SOUTHWEST
GOD BLESS SOUTH SOUTH
GOD BLESS SOUTH EAST
GOD BLESS NORTH WEST
GOD BLESS NORTH WEST
GOD BLESS NORTH CENTRAL
GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

12 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by MacLovington(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
nenergy: Hmmm, NIGERIA MUST SUCCEED O! I used to believe that my personal success wasn't dependent on the success of Nigeria. But the tanker explosion at Ajah (Lagos) this morning, woke me up from my delusion. The scene was like something from the movie 2012. People running helter-skelter, traders abandoning their wares and a massive bellow of fire raising to the sky. For 15 minutes my life was disrupted. I forgot about work, my book project and even the plans i have for my July salary. When calm return and my life began to piece itself together, i thought to myself; "If i'm to have peace, Nigeria must have peace. If i'm to succeed, Nigeria must succeed." I pray, may the peace of God reign in Nigeria. May those who have sworn to trouble Nigeria be troubled till they abandon their devilish campaign. May God guide our leaders right and help them lead us to the promise land. Amen! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Black man and sentiments. Your grand parents and parents prayed the same prayer and you too have started.

What's on ground now that make you think things will be better in 30 years? Is it the recent cradle-robbing Act by senators?

Wake up dude. Until we separate and different tribes go apart (for Nigeria is a tribalist place) no hope.
Those who want to live in the 6th century with religious laws can do so, those who want modernity can also do so.

Wake up dude.

14 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
Arise O compatriot..
Nigerian call Obey
to serve our Father's land
with love and strenght and faith.
The labour of our Heroes past shall neva be in vain,
to serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom,peace and unity...

Nigeria will be great and d labour of past and present heroes who fought and are fighting for the betterment of this country will neva be in vain,AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
ebamma 3: i have lost faith in organised religion
Have you also lost faith in your beloved GEJ
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
code_0: THE ILLUMATI LET OBAMA MICROCHIP TAKE
ON NIGERIA. THE 77 VIRGINS SINGS WITH
JOY. OH OBAMA, OH NIGERIA. HUHAHAHI.

I read comments like yours, and I lose hope all over again.

12 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by 25Calibre(m): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
Another blind optimist, @ OP if you think Nigeria will ever get better, you are in dreamland.

Nigeria is doomed, it's only going to get worse, you and I both know that, the difference is some chose not to acknowledge and accept reality.

The chain of bad leadership is being secured in preparation for years to come, this is 2013 but there are already meetings to ensure another or the same bad leaders continue to rule.

Be a realist my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by ebamma3: 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
u were not better than those who died u just got lucky,don't let it change your views man, maybe master death wants to take u through another means rather than a motor accident
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Akinola2543(m): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
dere is still hope 4 naija we keep progressin everyday all we need do is pray to God 4 good leaders.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Poster listen to these words of wisdom.
Pray to God to change what you can change and live with what you cannot change.
Right now I don't think anything you do at the moment can avert another fire disaster. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
MacLovington:

Black man and sentiments. Your grand parents and parents prayed the same prayer and you too have started.

What's on ground now that make you think things will be better in 30 years? Is it the recent cradle-robbing Act by senators?

Wake up dude. Until we separate and different tribes go apart (for Nigeria is a tribalist place) no hope.
Those who want to live in the 6th century with religious laws can do so, those who want modernity can also do

Wake up dude.

who be ds 1,dat y we 9gerians nid do what is d ryt thing..
#itbeginswithyou#
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by HoldenCaulfield(m): 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
I wonder how nigeria will develop with lousy bastards like gej and his dame. His name always almost made me puke all over my body.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by MacLovington(m): 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
Odunharry: Arise O compatriot..
Nigerian call Obey
to serve our Father's land
with love and strenght and faith.
The labour of our Heroes past shall neva be in vain,
to serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom,peace and unity...

Nigeria will be great and d labour of past and present heroes who fought and are fighting for the betterment of this country will neva be in vain,AMEN.

Unity and peace? In Naija? muhhehehehehe. Ol, boy fight for Oodua Republic.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
Chai! If a tanker explosion could make you reason this way, I wonder what you'll reason if you witnessed a suiside bomb blast!

4 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by tspun(m): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
sorry o. We can see how devastated nigeria had made u become.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by valdubem(m): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2013

U re doomed then.

#As for me oo,
I still have faith in organised religion
I still have faith in humanity
I still have faith in the unity of my Motherland, NIGERIA.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Congratulates APC Presidential Candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu / INEC Invites Nigerians To Inspect Particulars Of Imo, Bayelsa, Kogi Guber Candid / GEJ Condemned For Appointing Aig-imoukhuede To Subsidy Verification Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.