Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? (18582 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria Hits 23.9% - NBS / Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Olutola88(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2012
It seems like the problem of unemployment Nigeria is getting worse day after day with the increasing number of university and polytechnic graduates every year. I have so many friends and families that are victims. Initially, I used to think it was a joke but one doesn't get to believe some things until it happens to him or someone he knows personally. The employers of labour are now using dat advantage to exploit Nigerians by offering 5 employees the pay they are suppose to give just one. It is so sad that they have no choice and just accept to be paid an annoying #30000 per month
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by 234GT(m): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nobody knows the unemployment rate in Nigeria. There are no records and figures.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by mrkels(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2012
BRB...lemme go and confirm my speculation...(98%)

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Dsage1: 9:39am On Oct 01, 2012
Though it's difficult to ascertain the rate of unemployment in this country, but in my own view it won't up to 20% of entire graduates that secured a suitable jobs each year.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Toktee(m): 9:40am On Oct 01, 2012
It already hit 100percent

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Emylexray(m): 9:42am On Oct 01, 2012
Tell those graduates to stop combing here and there for jobs. If there are no lucrative offers of employment, they should establish themselves by starting something. Unemployment is a pest that has and still eating deep into the fabric of Nigeria. Let them start something rather than continue waiting for jobs that not readily available. God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by mikuz(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2012
It's 24%
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2012
should be at least seventy five percent
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 9:49am On Oct 01, 2012
mikuz: It's 24%

He said in Nigeria and not South Africa
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2012
Emylexray: Tell those graduates to stop combing here and there for jobs. If there are no lucrative offers of employment, they should establish themselves by starting something. Unemployment is a pest that has and still eating deep into the fabric of Nigeria. Let them start something rather than continue waiting for jobs that not readily available. God bless Nigeria!

you go give them Loan?

12 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2012
78.9percent and increasing
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2012
H

7 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Emmymi(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2012
There's is little or nothing the govt of today can do about it that is the reason they keep organising and encouraging empowerment and enterpreneurship programme. I advise we youth should have a skill,be able to create services/product even if we intend looking for job. That i tink will reduce the level of employment and frustration in us.

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Sanguine77(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2012
Emylexray: Tell those graduates to stop combing here and there for jobs. If there are no lucrative offers of employment, they should establish themselves by starting something. Unemployment is a pest that has and still eating deep into the fabric of Nigeria. Let them start something rather than continue waiting for jobs that not readily available. God bless Nigeria!
Do you start something without capital? If you had a soft landing, do you think others have?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2012
Emmymi: There's is little or nothing the govt of today can do about it that is the reason they keep organising and encouraging empowerment and enterpreneurship programme. I advise we youth should have a skill,be able to create services/product even if we intend looking for job. That i tink will reduce the level of employment and frustration in us.

you can start by distributing money to the youths......nonsense talk

2 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:56am On Oct 01, 2012
The rate of unemployment in Nigeria is too high
Nigerians believe me we have good jobs opportunities in Nigeria but foreigners are holding most opportunities, Nigeria with no employment policy for foreign investors that can favour. And protect the citizen is really the problem, the indians,chinese,even the american companies come here and exploit us, abuse the labour right right on our soil. I believe to tackle the rate of unemployment in Nigeria government just need to do two things
1 Improve power sector
2 Lay strong policies that would protect the labour right of Nigerians over the foreign investors.

The rate of unemployment in Nigeria is too high.

God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by fankasibe: 9:56am On Oct 01, 2012
I'm in my final-year in d university, and i'm scared of graduating coz of unemployment....abeg help me.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Dsage1: 10:00am On Oct 01, 2012

Do you think it's that easy in Nigeria? Some of them don't even have a kobo to initiate a business.

Talking about vocational skill,well that's the fault of our educational system. For instance,how would you feel if someone ask you to learn capentery after 16-18years of schooling (primary to university).

Let thanks God our life/condition rather than blaming others for their predicament.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by monosetale: 10:00am On Oct 01, 2012
Its probably like 60%- the problem is mainly us the youths, they don't want to do "dirty" jobs- like a guy we served(NYSC) together last year. He was a very skilled barber. And I advised him to set up a high end barbing saloon in lagos or ibadan where he stays after service W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̅Τ̲̅ђ about 150k he had gathered from INEC/allowi payments since his family was poor, pointing to him the fact that being §ø Ǧ☺☺ϑ at barbing clients could easily pay him say 300-400 naira W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̅Τ̲̅ђ him making thousands daily. He said he's heard and we parted ways after service only for him to send ♍e messages to help him to find work and crap.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2012
undecidedOut of the 3 graduates in my house, 2 are unemployed!!
I hope that helps whoever is calculating it?

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 10:05am On Oct 01, 2012
̶̲̥̊ aRe a very Big fool, ĦσƜ ώɪ̣̝̇ι̥ι a fresh graduate strt somthing witout capital, wen banks gives loans only Τ̅☺ †ђξ odetolas,dangotes alone, idiot. Mayb U̶̲̥̅̊ ​A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ among †ђξ 49 laptop slowpoke[/quote]
don't mind the eediot jawe some sensles pple wil just come online and wil be spwing shit,all graduate go become self employd abi,stupiid slow poke like his president
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 10:05am On Oct 01, 2012
monosetale: Its probably like 60%- the problem is mainly us the youths, they don't want to do "dirty" jobs- like a guy we served(NYSC) together last year. He was a very skilled barber. And I advised him to set up a high end barbing saloon in lagos or ibadan where he stays after service W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̅Τ̲̅ђ about 150k he had gathered from INEC/allowi payments since his family was poor, pointing to him the fact that being §ø Ǧ☺☺ϑ at barbing clients could easily pay him say 300-400 naira W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̅Τ̲̅ђ him making thousands daily. He said he's heard and we parted ways after service only for him to send ♍e messages to help him to find work and crap.

why did he waste up to 16 years pursuing a degree....abeg talk another thing

2 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2012
tchidi: undecidedOut of the 3 graduates in my house, 2 are unemployed!!
I hope that helps whoever is calculating it?

from my calculation, itz 66.7 percent
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bulkwide: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2012
100 percent gbam

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by mat2lock(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2012
As much as I support people thinking fast of what they can do to establish themselves,it just funny how people are quick to proffer that as solutions,like it easy in dis Nigeria,as hard it I'd to get a job is as hard as it is to establish yourself,Nigerians recognize names than a young graduate trying to start with little capital..... Ko easy ni Nigeria menh.... Umemployment in Na
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by lordspiritual(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2012
skill acquisition is never a bad idea...even before you land the dream job of yours have something to do with your time...im a final year student now, and all my holidays were spent learning graphics design (studying comp-science) and even now in school i am getting jobs here and there to help myself.....and you will be shocked to know how much peeps in here are ready to drop for designs that wont take me 10 minutes!!!!

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 01, 2012
mikuz: It's 24%

24% my anus angry
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 01, 2012
earthgreeners:

from my calculation, itz 66.7 percent

That's more like it.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Alaafialoro(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2012
Employment rate: 20%
Underemployment: 25%
Unemployment: 55%
(na my own stats oo)

4 Likes

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Dsage1: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2012
fankasibe: I'm in my final-year in d university, and i'm scared of graduating coz of unemployment....abeg help me.

You don't have a problem dear, just try to learn something during the remaining semester brake or while waiting for your NYSC call up letter.

For instance, you may go to Alaba or any nearest engineering workshop to learn computer repairing. Belief me,it's very nice work and beside you don't look like a local to your customer.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2012
lord.spiritual:
skill acquisition is never a bad idea...even before you land the dream job of yours have something to do with your time...im a final year student now, and all my holidays were spent learning graphics design (studying comp-science) and even now in school i am getting jobs here and there to help myself.....and you will be shocked to know how much peeps in here are ready to drop for designs that wont take me 10 minutes!!!!

good for you........ u wasted ur time studying...u shlda attended a computer school
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2012
D sage:

You don't have a problem dear, just try to learn something during the remaining semester brake or while waiting for your NYSC call up letter.

For instance, you may go to Alaba or any nearest engineering workshop to learn computer repairing. Belief me,it's very nice work and beside you don't look like a local to your customer.

nice advise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Employer Wants To Hold My NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE On Resumption. / 2 Job Openings At The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Nigeria / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.