Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria (7981 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? / Be A Nationwide Distributor of RUZU BITTERS today With A Little Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by ominid1: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2011
WILL YOU JOIN A NATIONWIDE PROTEST AGAINST THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN NIGERIA? IT HAS HAPPENED IN TUNISIA, THE EGYPTIANS MODIFIED IT, THE ALGERIAN'S ARE ITCHING FOR A CHANGE. IT APPEARS THE DAWN OF A PROTEST AGAINST THE SEEMINGLY INCOHERENT EMPLOYMENT POLICIES OF ALL GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA HAS COME.

WE CAN ADVISE THEM BETTER.

WHATS UR TAKE?

2 Likes

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by amor4ce(m): 11:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
@poster, first heal thyself. Nigerians who have had the capacity (finance, intellect, drive) but choose not to use such to create jobs should be looked at. They would include the employed and unemployed, the rich and poor, leaders and followers, etc. My take is that we protest against our individual selves first and take responsibility for our actions. This is not to say that there are those who have not been genuinely frustrated in their entrepreneurship endeavours. However, those who do the frustrating are part and parcel of our society.

Why not a protest against those employed cowards who are too scared or lazy to become entrepreneurs and create jobs but prefer the false security of their salaries?

6 Likes

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by cjfavour(m): 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2011
I will definetely join. For Goodness sake why will a government be collecting money from the unemployed graduate? This Government does not have shame. All the government parastatals sales scratch card for employment these days before one can get a job. Was that how they ( the PDP) men got their own job?
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by ENZOSCIFO1: 10:01am On Feb 18, 2011
amor4ce:

@poster, first heal thyself. Nigerians who have had the capacity (finance, intellect, drive) but choose not to use such to create jobs should be looked at. They would include the employed and unemployed, the rich and poor, leaders and followers, etc. My take is that we protest against our individual selves first and take responsibility for our actions. This is not to say that there are those who have not been genuinely frustrated in their entrepreneurship endeavours. However, those who do the frustrating are part and parcel of our society.

Why not a protest against those[b] employed cowards who are too scared or lazy to become entrepreneurs and create jobs [/b] but prefer the false security of their salaries?

I appreciate your advocacy fr entrepeneuship, however I strongly suspect that you belong to the follow, follow bandwagon group ( in otherwords you don't know what you're talking about)
See the bold ed part of your statement ; now lets assume we do as you have suggested and all those lazy and scared (using Ur words) do what you prescribed and decided to become entrepreneurs the so called job they will create who will take up those jobs since working for an organisation does not make sense to you, and what will happen to the economy if about 75% of the present wokforce quit and decide to start their own business.
Think bro , think b4 you miss it completely

2 Likes

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by cjfavour(m): 8:08pm On Feb 18, 2011
Thanks SCIFO
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by amor4ce(m): 10:27pm On Feb 18, 2011
@ENZO SCIFO , I admire your intellect and your use of English - you said that you suspect "follow-follow" on my part - but not the condescendence. I'm glad you did not point fingers and judge, and that you were willing to dialogue instead of resorting to insults (dictatorial tendencies) like some others. Please go through my post again and try to read between the lines. I was trying to point out the need to first be aware of the causes of unemployment before blaming others. I feel this should be thoroughly established first

Also, I never said that all who have the means are meant to be entrepreneurs, likewise I did not allude to dislike for intrapreneurs or working for someone else. I know what it means to be unemployed for years and not to be given a chance because of superstitious beliefs, arrogance, delusions, health, and others assuming they know more, despite coming tops in class. I know what it means to be wondering when the next meal would come from. I also know what it means to lead a protest only to turn around and see that the followers chickened out at the last minute. Do you think that all who are unemployed have been pushed to the wall like that Tunisian who immolated himself? What about those who did not know that they were dyslexic or had some other medical issues and were told they were too stupid to make it, but eventually became millionaires?

Again, I never indicated that I was in support of or against such a protest. What I dislike is the actions of some who would claim to support such but would be too lily-livered to stand face-to-face with a gun-totting police officer and/or armed forces personnel. I also distance myself from those who allow their sentiments and emotions to cloud their reasoning as these one could easily bungle such a protest. Take note also that the ingredients in that contributed to the protests in Tunisia and Egypt may be absent or in different concentrations here. On my part, I'm curious about the general level of honesty in those places compared to Nigeria.

@dredone, it is written that it is what comes out of the mouth of a man that defiles him. I'm not sure if you knew what you did and the implications, but I forgive you.

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dredone: 9:02am On Feb 19, 2011
yeah, yeah wat eva grin no pon intended dude now u ar taking us way of track on dis tread here is a match stick n some logs go start ur own tread, peace am out
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dredone: 9:11am On Feb 19, 2011
yeah, yeah wat eva grin no pon intended dude now u ar taking us way of track on dis tread here is a match stick n some logs go start ur own tread(what are d causes of unemployment in nigeria), peace am out
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Bennycom: 9:25am On Feb 19, 2011
What a worthless thought! It appears you really don't have anything to offer your generation or possibly you have not discover yourself.  Hence your crave for a nationwide protest against unemployment. Bros, Nigeria environment is friendly enough to make you great. You don't have to beg everybody: Govt, individual, company etc b4 you can achieve greatness. GREATNESS IS IN YOU NOT YOUR COUNTRY. Change your thought to change your life.

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by ENZOSCIFO1: 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
Hey guys personally I will not join a protest and for the singular fact that I feel very little will be achieved doing so in our dear country due to who we are.
@amo4ce
Thanks bro! I respect your views and I am for entrepeneurship however, based on my own personal experience its better delved into with some form of direction and experience that our schools are not able to give. Started my firm about a year ago after quitting a 7.8 M job and presently have 8 employees of my mine, but guess what? I had worked for 3 different employers in 10 years before I got to that point. What I do today could I have done it 11 years back as a fresh graduate? the answer is a capital NO. Not to mean everybody should follow my path but rather I encourage people to go out there and work and learn before they completely mess up their future.

Being an entrepeneur is definitely the thing.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by queenesthr(f): 8:08am On Feb 22, 2011
The problem of unemployment in Nigeria is colossal and is not to be taken lightly. However I don't think the solution lies in protests.

I appreciate where the earlier posters are coming from. It is so frustrating to graduate with a good result only to roam the streets endlessly for years like a failure.

But then the situation should ginger the youth to look inwards and seek alternative means of generating income. I believe we should explore the agricultural and food processing sector and tap the potentials it has to offer - as humble as it seems.
Some graduates have left the streets to raise catfish, snails and poultry and they really are happier for it.

In fact, a friend of mine is about to get NAFDAC approval for her fruit juice bottling plant. This someone who had roamed the streets for three years. Of course she had financial support from family and friends, but then, they would not have offered the support if she had decided to continue to seek for non existent jobs.
This does not mean that our leaders are to be absolved of blame . Rather the reality that we have vision-less leaders should drive us to improve our own vision and lead ourselves.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by bright007(f): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
I comment my reserve.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
@ Topic.. NO!! Reason being that I have a job... And if I didnt, I'm certain that by now, I would have sourced a reasonable means of livelihood.. Nigerians need to get there shiit together, not everybody will get a 9 - 5 job..

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
queenesthr: The problem of unemployment in Nigeria is colossal and is not to be taken lightly. However I don't think the solution lies in protests.

I appreciate where the earlier posters are coming from. It is so frustrating to graduate with a good result only to roam the streets endlessly for years like a failure.

But then the situation should ginger the youth to look inwards and seek alternative means of generating income. I believe we should explore the agricultural and food processing sector and tap the potentials it has to offer - as humble as it seems.
Some graduates have left the streets to raise catfish, snails and poultry and they really are happier for it.

In fact, a friend of mine is about to get NAFDAC approval for her fruit juice bottling plant. This someone who had roamed the streets for three years. Of course she had financial support from family and friends, but then, they would not have offered the support if she had decided to continue to seek for non existent jobs.
This does not mean that our leaders are to be absolved of blame . Rather the reality that we have vision-less leaders should drive us to improve our own vision and lead ourselves.

Lead yourselves in a country where you've got a government, whose responsibility is to create jobs, and use the commonwealth of the country for the citizens, no This mentality is the sole reason why the country is close to abyss - and why the elected officials are so utterly corrupt....

Nigerians are cowards, period - and you proved me right... If you can't fight for your rights, you deserve the corrupt elites ruling you... undecided
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by jajad: 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
Only jobless people will join such a protest. smiley

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
I passed out from NYSC just this June, I have never written a CV but as at the last time I paid salaries (26th september) there where 7 people on my payroll.
I only started business last february with 6000 naira while waiting to start my nysc. There is no point insulting people who are providing a way out.
As far as expatriates are coming into this country in their thousands everyday, there is money to be made.

Protesting over not being employed is simply looking for who to blame for a problem you can solve yourself.

Anyone who feels I should agree with the thread can insult me but I just had to speak out.

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by CrazyMan(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
I won't because such a protest would yield no result.

Let's face the truth, Nigeria needs more committed leaders than what we have at present.

At 1960 when we got independence, we had an effective road system, we had the Nigerian airways, we had an effective rail system etc.

Today where are they?

As at the time the Naira was introduced, Nigerians could boast proudly of its value. Now with a thousand naira, you can't prepare a standard soup.

Also, Why are we no longer exporting cotton, what happened to our rubber, cotton, bitumen, cocoa etc.

I believe that for the government to solve the problem of unemployment in the country, they have to sit up.

We don't need to protest before they (the government) realize that they have to include job creation in their manifesto.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by ijo4lite(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
what would such a protest achieve, i'm sure it will lead to nowhere

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by DANILSA(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2012
i just de go mama Nkechi place go eat fufu before i waka enter here,make una leave GEJ make e rest, change na me and you, and all those greedy politicians wey de go invest for Dubai.mama Nkechi give me fufu, two kpomo,beef and edikaeko.

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
To be honest, Nigerians are cowardly people, hence why the elites are so corrupt... Because they have no one to answer to... If the unemployment rate in the UK were as high as that of Nigeria, and there's no job seekers allowance - best believe the UK would be burning right now.... The same goes for all Western countries...

However, Nigerians are so used to failure, that most Nigerians have become failures... It's your right and if your government can't provide jobs, there's no point having a government... It's better to have anarchy than a useless, and utterly corrupt government...

5 Likes

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by doncarlos: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
Why can't we be truthful. I think you are a liar. You started a business with 6000 Maura *nd you have a lot of people in your payroll? Is it sugar cane business or banana. Becks I know you are a liar. We just need change in our government. Good leaders that will see and feel the pain of the people and not to embezzle millions of dollars. I think a peaceful protest can wake them up a bit . I
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by DANILSA(m): 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
dannywest: I passed out from NYSC just this June, I have never written a CV but as at the last time I paid salaries (26th september) there where 7 people on my payroll.
I only started business last february with 6000 naira while javascript:void(0); :owaiting to start my nysc. There is no point insulting people who are providing a way out.
As far as expatriates are coming into this country in their thousands everyday, there is money to be made.

Protesting over not being employed is simply looking for who to blame for a problem you can solve yourself.

Anyone who feels I should agree with the thread can insult me but I just had to speak out.
OBOY NO VEX O, ABEG NA GUN U USE THE 6000 BUY? HOW COME U DON DE PAY SIX PEOPLE NAWNAW? THE ROI NA 1000%? ABEG TELL US THE BIZ shocked grin cheesy grin
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by yuzedo: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
Would love to, but I'd probably be at work and my boss won't give me time off... grin tongue
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by DANILSA(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2012
A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE ARE FAKE embarassed

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by greall1: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
Protest in nigeria☺☺☺☺☺※ I'm sorry.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
It might work in the future. Not today!
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by oiseworld: 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2012
very rubbish topic.
your mates are creating jobs, you want to protest unemployment.
why not join LASTMA,police or the army. those are the kind of jobs the government can provide for you.

we should rather be focused on how to end corruption and the man-know-man mentality in our society today.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2012
So that garri and soup will pour from heaven A waste of time,energy, money and space. Another way to tarnish the president.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
DANILSA: OBOY NO VEX O, ABEG NA GUN U USE THE 6000 BUY? HOW COME U DON DE PAY SIX PEOPLE NAWNAW? THE ROI NA 1000%? ABEG TELL US THE BIZ shocked grin cheesy grin

7 people as at last salary not 6,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Improve Your CV to Get Interviews / Zte Nigeria Ltd. Is Giving Free Training In Telecom / Standard Chartered Bank Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.