Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? (1083 Views)

Nigeria At 52 Has Not Failed / Hon Patrick On Nigeria At 52 Years! / Nigeria At 52: Time To Unite For Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2012
I choose not to say a word
concerning mr president and his
govt, for some reasons best
known to me, but take note of
me and this; God's plan will surely
work out in an incredible way,
not many years from now, the
days are coming when this
country will be led by people who
are real and sincere, ready and
willing to serve and defend the
right of the citizenry out purpose-
driven passion of sacrificial
leadership, serving the masses
with the very last drip of their
blood and willing to die in the
defense of justice and equity,
turning table against corrupt-
minded people, and eliminate the
greedy enemies of the masses by
the power of pure and sincere
rule of law... I see things that
seems impossible, considering the
prevailing situation of our nation,
I'm seeing a complete turn-
around, How it will happen, I'm
yet to know; (maybe
something unusual will happen, I
can't say) but I'm sure of this,
there is hope for our generation.
What do you think? is there really a hope?
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Callotti: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2012
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
N-OPE! No Hope! cheesy
Not even in the next century.
The foundations are not even being laid.
So add a minus 100 years.
Which equals not in the next 200 years!!! kiss

Nigeria senior me o! So I can't do much.
Ask those 'Political Old Cargos' who are older than Nigeria.
We can't fight them either! cheesy
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Callotti: 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
Compare to my darling America. . . @ 52 years old. 52+1775=1827. wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

In 1507, German cartographer Martin Waldseemüller produced a world map on which he named the lands of the Western Hemisphere "America" after Italian explorer and cartographer Amerigo Vespucci.[12]

The first documentary evidence of the phrase "United States of America" was in an anonymously written essay published in the Virginia Gazette newspaper in Williamsburg, Virginia on April 6, 1776.[13][14] In June 1776, Thomas Jefferson included the phrase "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" in all capitalized letters in the headline of his “original Rough draught” of the Declaration of Independence.[15][16] In the final Fourth of July version of the Declaration, the pertinent section of the title was changed to read, "The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America".[17]
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Callotti: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
http://www.trivia-library.com/a/united-states-and-american-history-1827.htm

--The 1st railroad in the U.S. was built in Quincy, Mass.

--Writer Sarah J. (Buell) Hale promoted the idea of Thanksgiving as a national holiday in her publication, Ladies Magazine.

She was founder and editor of this, the 1st woman's magazine.
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by spiderstone: 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
SAME SAME until corruption is dealth with.
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Callotti: 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Callotti: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_(1789%E2%80%931849)

[b]Jump to: navigation, search

This article is part of a series on the

History of the United States

Timeline

Pre-Colonial period
Colonial period
1776–1789
1789–1849
1849–1865
1865–1918
1918–1945
1945–1964
1964–1980
1980–1991
1991–present

Topic

Civil Rights (1896–1954)
Civil Rights (1955–1968)
Civil War
Cultural history
Demographic history
Diplomatic history
Economic history
Historiography
Military history
Southern history
Frontier and Western history
Technological and industrial history
Territorial evolution
Women's history

United States portal

George Washington, elected the first president in 1789, set up a cabinet form of government, with departments of State, Treasury, and War, along with an Attorney General (the Justice Department was created in 1870). Based in New York, the new government acted quickly to rebuild the nation's financial structure. Enacting the program of Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton, the government assumed the Revolutionary war debts of the states and the national government, and refinanced them with new federal bonds. It paid for the program through new tariffs and taxes; the tax on whiskey led to a revolt in the west; Washington raised an army and suppressed it. The nation adopted a Bill of Rights as 10 amendments to the new constitution. The Judiciary Act of 1789 established the entire federal judiciary, including the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court became important under the leadership of Chief Justice John Marshall (1801–1834), Federalist and nationalist who built a strong Supreme Court and strengthened the national government.

The 1790s were highly contentious, as the First Party System emerged in the contest between Alexander Hamilton and his Federalist party, and Thomas Jefferson and his Republican party. Washington and Hamilton were building a strong national government, with a broad financial base, and the support of merchants and financiers throughout the country. Jeffersonians opposed the new national Bank, the Navy, and federal taxes. The Federalists favored Britain, which was embattled in a series of wars with France. Jefferson's victory in 1800 opened the era of Jeffersonian democracy, and doomed the upper-crust Federalists to increasingly marginal roles.

The Louisiana Purchase from Napoleon, in 1803 opened vast Western expanses of fertile land, that exactly met the needs of the rapidly expanding population of yeomen farmers whom Jefferson championed.

The Americans declared war on Britain (the War of 1812) to uphold American honor at sea, and to end the Indian raids in the west.[1] Despite incompetent government management, and a series of defeats early on, Americans found new generals like Andrew Jackson, William Henry Harrison, and Winfield Scott, who repulsed British invasions and broke the alliance between the British and the Indians that held up settlement of the Old Northwest. The Federalists, who had opposed the war to the point of trading with the enemy and threatening secession, were devastated by the triumphant ending of the war. The remaining Indians east of the Mississippi were kept on reservations or moved via the Trail of Tears to reservations in what later became Oklahoma.

The spread of democracy opened the ballot box to nearly all white men, allowing the Jacksonian democracy to dominate politics during the Second Party System. Whigs, representing wealthier planters, merchants, financiers and professionals, wanted to modernize the society, using tariffs and federally funded internal improvements; they were blocked by the Jacksonians, who closed down the national Bank in the 1830s. The Jacksonians wanted expansion—that is "Manifest Destiny"—into new lands that would be occupied by farmers and planters. Thanks to the annexation of Texas, the defeat of Mexico in war, and a compromise with Britain, the western third of the nation rounded out the continental United States by 1848.
[/b]

Just an illustration on how 'civilized people' evolve and maintain law and order.
Now, can anyone tell us what Nigeria gained from the 'civil war of a nuisance'?
America fought such wars and still became great! grin
But what happened in Nigeria. . .at 52? wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghgPq2wjQUQ&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmBV87XA52Q&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2eKaxU-8kA&feature=relmfu
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Callotti: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
The USA at 52 was still fighting to expand and gain independence from 'political hawks' like Britian.

Nigeria gained independence on a 'platter of gold'. . . without blood shed. But still can't crawl at 52!

Shame! cry
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Callotti: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2012
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Callotti: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
Over to the Nigerians please!
Happy celebration in advance! wink

No hope!
Chwueeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!(*spits*)
So-so noise! cry
Re: Nigeria At 52: What's Our Hope? by Lawconfessor(f): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
@op i strongly believe wif u, Nigeria Will Definitely Change For d BEST. In fact, d change is already in motion & I shall live to testify to it. He/She dt said .../... wil nt live to see it hapn, shud jst dig .../... grave 'cos GOD is doing a NEW THING in Dis GREAT Country Naija.

HAPPY BIRTH-DATE/DAY NIGERIA. I LOVE U

(1) (Reply)

Scandal! Pastor Chris Of Christian Devotional "Daily Manna" Sued By Wife. / Wife Surprises Husband By Losing 100 Pounds In His Absence... / Great Nigeria Insurance Building On Fire In Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.