Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence (25766 Views)

Bola Tinubu Hosts Danny Glover At His Residence (Photos) / Efcc’s Threat Of Arrest Confined Kwankwaso To His Residence – Lawyer / Tinubu Celebrates With People At His Residence Over Apc’s Big Win (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 01, 2012
chukwudi44: It is really annoying to read ignoramuses say ikemba never had any personal properties other than the ones he inherited from his father.what a fallacy!!!

You don't have to be annoyed Chukwudi. I know truth hurts. Name me one successful business/company Ikemba Ojukwu nurtured/bootstrapped? If you can name me one, I will retract all my comments and apologize. If he was able to build a few properties from the proceeds of his late father's wealth that he forcefully and militarily usurped from his siblings during the war and you call that achievement? Stop making a fool of yourself here. I love Ikemba more than you do if you don't know. Let's be honest and call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Ekans: 6:36am On Oct 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I thought this culture already ended.

Would they treat her as if she was a piece of igbe dudu way if her husband was alive?

People are simply wicked. Her children needs to fight them!! House/properties/ possessions are always inherited by wife/children.
.So,what happens to the children of Ojukwu's first wife(miss i too know)?.
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Pennywise(m): 6:39am On Oct 01, 2012
Danka has done a grt job throwing light on the heat many of us see coming from d Ojukwu family since d demise of d ikemba. Perhaps this will make pple less hasty in drawing conclusions.

What is fundamentally at play is a conflict btw traditional and legal views on inheritance. I always felt that the western laws adopted by us is inadequate to address our problems relating to inheritance. Also the issue of unsettled will (if any)of the late Sir Louis Ojukwu. It is wishful thinking to assume this matter can be resolved by a group of elders sitting around a table. I see litigations possibly lasting generations unless all parties are willing to make really painful concessions.

The impression conveyed by Danka that Ojukwu was an irresponsible freeloader couldn't be farther from d truth. He put that family name on the map. Without d Ikemba Louis Ojukwu was just another rich man now dead. At least that has to be worth sth.

He gave respect to the Igbo at a time they were being slaughtered like fowls by NIgerias resident deranged lunatics even though it was at grt cost. To most pple it was d only thing to do. He could have sat in his big chair awaiting promotion or run away like Ogundipe without drawing the world attention to the carnage going on in Nigeria.

Most importantly he was a grt orator and leader of men. The best orator I have had opportunity to interact with.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 01, 2012
Pennywise: Danka has done a grt job throwing light on the heat many of us see coming from d Ojukwu family since d demise of d ikemba. Perhaps this will make pple less hasty in drawing conclusions.

What is fundamentally at play is a conflict btw traditional and legal views on inheritance. I always felt that the western laws adopted by us is inadequate to address our problems relating to inheritance. Also the issue of unsettled will (if any)of the late Sir Louis Ojukwu. It is wishful thinking to assume this matter can be resolved by a group of elders sitting around a table. I see litigations possibly lasting generations unless all parties are willing to make really painful concessions.

The impression conveyed by Danka that Ojukwu was an irresponsible freeloader couldn't be farther from d truth. He put that family name on the map. Without d Ikemba Louis Ojukwu was just another rich man now dead. At least that has to be worth sth.

He gave respect to the Igbo at a time they were being slaughtered like fowls by NIgerias resident deranged lunatics even though it was at grt cost. To most pple it was d only thing to do. He could have sat in his big chair awaiting promotion or run away like Ogundipe without drawing the world attention to the carnage going on in Nigeria.

Most importantly he was a grt orator and leader of men. The best orator I have had opportunity to interact with.

Very well and intelligently spoken brother and I pretty much agree with you.
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Ekans: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2012
tit: Danka777,
i think you have an interest in this matter, or just hatred for Ikemba, which is making you mislead the public.
Granted that the properties are Sir Louis' and Ikemba was not his first son, Ikemba's role in recovering the properties for the family cannot be discounted.
This is a drama that I have been waiting to play out with the demise of Ikemba. Did he not discuss this issue with his brothers and (half?) brothers?
Afte Sir Louis property id shared between Ikemba and his siblings, then Ikemba Ojukwu's wives and their children will start their own scramble.
Ikemba recoverd what he lost in the first place.He did not consult his brothers before using their fathers property to play kalo kalo(civil war).
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by ajanaku2(m): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2012
...that Bianca girl is one greedy, self-centered B'itch!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by 76virgins(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2012
Danka7777:

Point of correction: The 38 properties belonged to Sir Louis Ojukwu; Ikemba Ojukwu's father who was a very, extremely wealthy man in his time. He, Ikemba didn't spend his money. He usurped the properties/monies of his siblings passed on to them by their late father to financed the war. And No, he didn't love his people, millions of Igbos were killed for his selfish agenda and he absconded out of the Country. If he really and genuinely loved his people, he would have stay in the country and die for his people as did Gaddafi. Honestly, the prestige he is held to by igbos isn't deserved at all, in my judgement. For all igbos who haven't studied deeply into the civil war, go and do so and get a first hand knowledge of what happened.

Gaddafi? I thot muslims dont do anything positive on this forum.U need 76virgins too,Lolsszz shocked
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Austinio: 7:02am On Oct 01, 2012
Danka7777:

Point of correction: The 38 properties belonged to Sir Louis Ojukwu; Ikemba Ojukwu's father who was a very, extremely wealthy man in his time. He, Ikemba didn't spend his money. He usurped the properties/monies of his siblings passed on to them by their late father to financed the war. And No, he didn't love his people, millions of Igbos were killed for his selfish agenda and he absconded out of the Country. If he really and genuinely loved his people, he would have stay in the country and die for his people as did Gaddafi. Honestly, the prestige he is held to by igbos isn't deserved at all, in my judgement. For all igbos who haven't studied deeply into the civil war, go and do so and get a first hand knowledge of what happened.
u kn nottin abt d war except wot u read 4rm fake book(s). We a talkin abt properties here not war. Did u father even fight d war.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 01, 2012
76virgins:

Gaddafi? I thot muslims dont do anything positive on this forum.U need 76virgins too,Lolsszz shocked

Read about Gaddafi before you start. Don't listen what the mainstream media tell you about him. That is another topic to be discussed in another thread. I have a great deal to educate people on about him.
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2012
Austinio: u kn nottin abt d war except wot u read 4rm fake book(s). We a talkin abt properties here not war. Did u father even fight d war.
I don't respond to comments that come no where to the vicinity of reason.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Abagworo(m): 7:09am On Oct 01, 2012
Danka7777:

If he really and genuinely loved his people, he would have stayed in the country and died for his people as did Gaddafi.

That's the part that gets me in trouble with a lot of my Igbo brothers. He's not my hero because he neither died nor succeeded in the war. Qadaffi is a great man.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by scribble: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I thought this culture already ended.

Would they treat her as if she was a piece of igbe dudu way if her husband was alive?

People are simply wicked. Her children needs to fight them!! House/properties/ possessions are always inherited by wife/children.

If you are ignorant on a matter, try to get the facts before opening mouth.

The property in question does not belong to the late warlord but his father, Sir Louis Ojukwu. Ojukwu (Ikemba) was living in his father's house. The house was not willed by Sir Louis to Ikemba.

Ikemba simply took the residence over as his position as 1st son when he returned from his sojourn in Ivory Coast.

The properties (there are 5 around queens st in Ikoyi) were actually assets of Sir Louis company...Ojukwu Transport Ltd.

He (Sir Louis) instructed in his will that none of these properties should ever be sold but he converted to charitable purposes if his children so desired.

So Bianca doesn't really have mouth in the matter as said property doesn't actually belong to her late husband.

However I think that this particular Ojukwu chap asking her to bounce is too gra gra and should calm down.

The Ojukwus are actually a very good family with great pedigree except ofcourse for a few rotten apples. Which tree hasn't some of these?
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2012
Late Sir Louis Ojukwu. Read more about this young Billionaire. Died so young at the age of 57 but achieved so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Odumegwu_Ojukwu

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by ektbear: 7:17am On Oct 01, 2012
Regardless of the true situation, this type of stuff shouldn't be aired in the news. Someone needs to caution them and tell them to settle it quietly and privately.
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 01, 2012
long and short of it, all the making money ended with louis ojukwu

successive generations did not build on the fortune, did not start their own fortunes

just the usual nigerian business in which first generation makes it, second generation squanders and third generation returns to penury and noise about pst glory

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 01, 2012
Danka7777:

Read about Gaddafi before you start. Don't listen what the mainstream media tell you about him. That is another topic to be discussed in another thread. I have a great deal to educate people on about him.
educate people on what? Are you trying to make us hate Ojukwu? You derailed the topic and you are here telling us what you read in books! Did you witness the war? Absolutelly NO!! If Ojukwu fled to ivory coast and so what about it? If you were in his shoes,wouldn't you do the same? I don't listen to people like you who know about the war by mere reading books! As long as you weren't present during the war then you are saying rubbish!
As for Ojukwu's properties,its their personal problems.no I don't think they need our opinion on how they should share the properties
I will advise you to stop misleading igbo people here on NL with your stories about the war!

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 01, 2012
berem: educate people on what? Are you trying to make us hate Ojukwu? You derailed the topic and you are here telling us what you read in books! Did you witness the war? Absolutelly NO!! If Ojukwu fled to ivory coast and so what about it? If you were in his shoes,wouldn't you do the same? I don't listen to people like you who know about the war by mere reading books! As long as you weren't present during the war then you are saying rubbish!
As for Ojukwu's properties,its their personal problems.no I don't think they need our opinion on how they should share the properties
I will advise you to stop misleading igbo people here on NL with your stories about the war!

Now, if I were in his shoes, I will abscond to Ivory coast if no lives were lost in the war. However, if millions lost their life for my action and decision, YES I WILL STAY AND DIE FOR THOSE LIVES; THAT'S WHAT A LEADER WILL DO. If I did live, I will never know peace.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2012
berem: educate people on what? Are you trying to make us hate Ojukwu? You derailed the topic and you are here telling us what you read in books! Did you witness the war? Absolutelly NO!! If Ojukwu fled to ivory coast and so what about it? If you were in his shoes,wouldn't you do the same? I don't listen to people like you who know about the war by mere reading books! As long as you weren't present during the war then you are saying rubbish!

To the statement in bold, how could you smugly say that? Say that to the families that lost their loved ones in the war and watch them crucify you in broad day light. If you didn't experience the pain of the war, you should be quiet and let those who felt the pain of the war speak.

I haven't even started on the war you are already feeling uneasy, what would happen if I did. I am working on that and will soon be creating a thread on this. It would be powerful, well researched and supported by living Biafran Heroes. Stay tuned and don't miss it!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by aurenflani: 7:40am On Oct 01, 2012
Sharia court will help resolve this inheretance palavar justly because everyone will know their place before anything.

The problems causing problems of ingeretance in the south especially among igbo people is due to lack of divine guidelines as basis for sharing of inheritance left by the deceased persons in that otherwise capitalist tribe.
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by ektbear: 7:42am On Oct 01, 2012
Sharia court? Divine guidelines? Shut the fvck up, id1ot
Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 01, 2012
Danka7777:

Do you believe in the bible? Please answer this respectfully. I asked that for a reason, so please reply.

Now, if I were in his shoes, I will abscond to Ivory coast if no lives were lost in the war. However, if millions have died, YES I WILL STAY AND DIE FOR THOSE LIVES; THAT'S WHAT A LEADER WILL DO.
and how do you think in a war people won't die? Have you ever heard about any war where there would be no record of causalties? Why is the biafran war different? Yes you would have died for your people,its easy to say with your mouth! You are saying it because you don't know the difference between a war and a riot! No matter what you say about Ojukwu,igbos still love him.you can attest to that during his burial.millions of igbos and even non igbos trooped to Anambra to witness his burial.yes! He is our hero and we are very proud of him!

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 01, 2012
berem: and how do you think in a war people won't die? Have you ever heard about any war where there would be no record of causalties? Why is the biafran war different? Yes you would died for your people,its easy to say with your mouth! You are saying it because you don't know the difference between a war and a riot! No matter what you say about Ojukwu,igbos still love him.you can attest to that during his burial.millions of igbos and even non igbos trooped to Anambra to witness his burial.[/b]yes! He is our hero and [b]we are very proud of him!

When Abacha died, people trooped to his funeral en masse and in millions that I even lost count. So it is not unusual for people to attend funeral of villains. It is so naive of you to use funeral attendance as a yardstick for heroism.

When you say: we are proud of him? You and who? Speak for yourself my friend and don't coerce others.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Ministers, Aides - Nigerian Pilot / Tambuwal: How I Rejected Bribe From Buhari, APC Government / Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.