Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,223 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Need Help Thinking Of An App To Develop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Need Help Thinking Of An App To Develop (510 Views)

My Whatsapp Is Currently Down. Could It Be What I'm Thinking? / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! / App To Watch Online Youtube Video On Nokia C2-o3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Thinking Of An App To Develop by KingAyo300: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hey Guys I am thinking of taking app development as a side hobby but I've been having trouble thinking of what app to develop! So I would like some suggestions from you guy. What would be your dream mobile phone app?
Re: Need Help Thinking Of An App To Develop by jedisco(m): 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2012
on which platform do you want to develop the app?
Re: Need Help Thinking Of An App To Develop by puskin: 1:35am On Oct 01, 2012
Hmmmm.......create an app that can bring all the latest news headlines and editorials from local and foreign newspapers and magazines.
Re: Need Help Thinking Of An App To Develop by BlackBaron: 8:50am On Oct 01, 2012
I got exactly the same idea, except I have no prior coding skills or even a computer science related degree.

However, I'm currently planning on one using the 'MIT app Inventor'

Looking to build an android version for my university's student portal and if successful then some more projects.
Re: Need Help Thinking Of An App To Develop by jedisco(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2012
I would suggest creating an app that will suit our needs as Nigerians.

I know this may be out of your purview, but why not create a fully featured app for a Nigerian site like Nairaland. (maybe in partnership with Seun).
I mean one with a nice interface that allows for full functionality and may even be able to detect if ones post is quoted and an option to dislike comments (this would first have to be implemented on NL).
You can also attach social services to it that would enable instant messaging, room chat e.t.c just like 2go without necessarily divulging ones identity.

There might also be room for moderate ads to serve as some reward.
Lastly, if you're going to make such an app, you should start with BlackBerry and then Symbian with also a java version before moving to Android and iOS. Reason being that such apps thrive on user-base and the BB, Symbian and java phones still dominate the Nigerian market. You may need to partner with those conversant with other OSes
Re: Need Help Thinking Of An App To Develop by puskin: 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
jedisco: I would suggest creating an app that will suit our needs as Nigerians.

I know this may be out of your purview, but why not create a fully featured app for a Nigerian site like Nairaland. (maybe in partnership with Seun).
I mean one with a nice interface that allows for full functionality and may even be able to detect if ones post is quoted and an option to dislike comments (this would first have to be implemented on NL).

You can also attach social services to it that would enable instant messaging, room chat e.t.c just like 2go without necessarily divulging ones identity.

There might also be room for moderate ads to serve as some reward.
Lastly, if you're going to make such an app, you should start with BlackBerry and then Symbian with also a java version before moving to Android and iOS. Reason being that such apps thrive on user-base and the BB, Symbian and java phones still dominate the Nigerian market. You may need to partner with those conversant with other OSes

App for NL,..........lemme not discourage U.....but I will advice U stay clear

(1) (Reply)

Operation Switch Off Fake Phones / Android Mobile Assistant / Apple Found To Infringe Mobilemedia Patents In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.