Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (64929 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 8:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
This thread is created with the intention of helping people who want to get a smartphone for the first time, or people who purchase phones, n get tired of the phones in no time......our the complete noobs, whi just buy phones, cos of tv ads, or hypes.....we advice u based on your phone needs, n budget.....just state your needs n budget, n we'll help u find the exact phone tailored for u........
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
sheelay: This thread is created with the intention of helping people who want to get a smartphone for the first time, or people who purchase phones, n get tired of the phones in no time......our the complete noobs, whi just buy phones, cos of tv ads, or hypes.....we advice u based on your phone needs, n budget.....just state your needs n budget, n we'll help u find the exact phone tailored for u........
android phone for gaming,browsing,music and videos a budget of 40k
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:54am On Jun 16, 2013
physise: android phone for gaming,browsing,music and videos a budget of 40k
New or used?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Domwiz4all(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2013
Android fone, minimum of 4.3 inch screen, 1GB RAM,2100mAh battery. Budget 30k new or fairly u used HTC
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by elrony(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2013
Thinkin of gettin a lumia 520 buh I dunno how gud d fone is!!!

Anyone tried a windows8 phone
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 10:12am On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
New or used?
new with 1gb of ram
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:22am On Jun 16, 2013
physise: new with 1gb of ram
u can't get a new one with 1gb ram, dont know about ghe the new products like tecno n all.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 10:26am On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
u can't get a new one with 1gb ram, dont know about ghe the new products like tecno n all.....
sad sad i dnt get u sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad undecided
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2013
physise: sad sad i dnt get u sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad undecided
I mean u cant get a new one witg 1gb ram for that price, even for infinix, but I think u can get for Huawei, but not for the established names like samsung, htc et all

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
I mean u cant get a new one witg 1gb ram for that price, even for infinix, but I think u can get for Huawei, but not for the established names like samsung, htc et all
wat abt 40-50k
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by zelexotunla(m): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2013
Thank God for this thread though it came late for me. Pls, I just got one samsung galaxy s2 international version and the phone is good. I need help on how to use the phone to its potentials. There are some applications I need to change their bio data informations due to i bought d phone from a nice fellow nairalander but most of these applications stil has his data which i want to personalize. I just need help to do these most especially whatsapp,skype, hangout etc. I've bn tryin to log him out but to no avail. Or should I need to delete all these
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 11:47am On Jun 16, 2013
physise: wat abt 40-50k
50k, yea, the samsung galaxy grand duos is a very good chioce, if u dont mind that it doesnt come with a corning gorilla glass(anti scratch) though, but if i were u, ill go for a uk used phone, and for that budget,you'd definitely get one of the best in the market.... my opinion though!

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 11:56am On Jun 16, 2013
zelexotunla: Thank God for this thread though it came late for me. Pls, I just got one samsung galaxy s2 international version and the phone is good. I need help on how to use the phone to its potentials. There are some applications I need to change their bio data informations due to i bought d phone from a nice fellow nairalander but most of these applications stil has his data which i want to personalize. I just need help to do these most especially whatsapp,skype, hangout etc. I've bn tryin to log him out but to no avail. Or should I need to delete all these
first, im using an s2 too, and thats what i'd have advised you even if this thread opened b4 u bought it....its a beast of a phone, and u get excellent value for money....to get the full potential of most androids, you need to root it.....and possibly install custom roms....and for u to be able to log him out without having to factory reset, you need to install custom rom, and u can do that by rooting it first, download CWM, and then install titanium backup, from which you'd be able to backup those apps, assuming u dont have much data to start downloading it all after flashing custom rom, but if u have much data, u can just download it all yourself, if u are in lagos, i can help u do it sha, u can call 08035218309/08028954477....

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2013
Domwiz4all: Android fone, minimum of 4.3 inch screen, 1GB RAM,2100mAh battery. Budget 30k new or fairly u used HTC
sorry boss, u cant get all ur specs for that price, unless you actually meet someone on the streets who wants to sell his, and even then, you should be wary of a deal like that..... most normal phones dont ship with 2100mah battery, u get that from mostly notes or phablets,(not tablets), they ship with mostly max 1,650/1700mah .....but u can get a 2000mah battery from the market if thats what u want...... i had wanted to suggest the htc desire hd for u....it fits the price range, BUT has only 1,230mah battery, which u can upgrade to 2000mah that u can get from the market, and has only 768 ram, which is okay, if u get to root ur phone, and install custom rom, or remove manufacturers bloatware from stock rom....hope i answered u satisfactorily? if not, ask more.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2013
elrony: Thinkin of gettin a lumia 520 buh I dunno how gud d fone is!!!

Anyone tried a windows8 phone
windows 8 is a very good os, i dont own a phone spotting it, but ive handled it before, but u get the best out of it if u have unlimited data, cos of its live panes....and u should also know that most,if not all windows fone dont have memory card slot, so u r only stucked with the in-built memory, which in the case of the lumia 520, is only 8GB, it also doesnt have a front facing camera.....if all this doesnt mean anything to u, or means less, go ahead n get it......its a good phone........hope i answered ur question satisfactorily, if no.....feel free to ask more.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
50k, yea, the samsung galaxy grand duos is a very good chioce, if u dont mind that it doesnt come with a corning gorilla glass(anti scratch) though, but if i were u, ill go for a uk used phone, and for that budget,you'd definitely get one of the best in the market.... my opinion though!
have u used d fone b4
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Yungbitz(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
I nid a fairly used android fone upgradable to ics 4.0,ova 512RAM,1Ghz processor,5mp n front camera,1400mah ba3 and wit a budget of 23k..which is ideal??
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
physise: have u used d fone b4
no, i havent, but ive seen the specs, and have someone using it, and its a joy to behold, + it has a 5.0 inch display, or u can go for the galaxy s3 mini....it has anti scratcg glass.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
physise: have u used d fone b4
no, i havent, but ive seen the specs, and have someone using it, and its a joy to behold, + it has a 5.0 inch display, or u can go for the galaxy s3 mini....it has anti scratch glass.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
no, i havent, but ive seen the specs, and have someone using it, and its a joy to behold, + it has a 5.0 inch display, or u can go for the galaxy s3 mini....it has anti scratcg glass.....
bt d resolution is poor,hw much 4 s3 min?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2013
Yungbitz: I nid a fairly used android fone upgradable to ics 4.0,ova 512RAM,1Ghz processor,5mp n front camera,1400mah ba3 and wit a budget of 23k..which is ideal??
the htc desire hd fits ur desciption, only thing is battery is 1230mah, but thats no problem, u can get a batter with ur desired mah from the market....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by elrony(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
windows 8 is a very good os, i dont own a phone spotting it, but ive handled it before, but u get the best out of it if u have unlimited data, cos of its live panes....and u should also know that most,if not all windows fone dont have memory card slot, so u r only stucked with the in-built memory, which in the case of the lumia 520, is only 8GB, it also doesnt have a front facing camera.....if all this doesnt mean anything to u, or means less, go ahead n get it......its a good phone........hope i answered ur question satisfactorily, if no.....feel free to ask more.....

Yea thnx about d info on wp8....I just like to own d fone..it has card slot anyway....I just need to feel anoda Os apart from IOS ...
Thnx anyway!!!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
physise: bt d resolution is poor,hw much 4 s3 min?
dunno d exact price, but u should be able to get it for around 50k
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
elrony:

Yea thnx about d info on wp8....I just like to own d fone..it has card slot anyway....I just need to feel anoda Os apart from IOS ...
Thnx anyway!!!
u welcome.... but android os is also an exciting os to try out

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by elrony(m): 1:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
u welcome.... but android os is also an exciting os to try out
Yea it is buh I ll stick with my iOS ...buh I just need to feel a Nokia fone again dats why I needed info on wp8
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Domwiz4all(m): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
sorry boss, u cant get all ur specs for that price, unless you actually meet someone on the streets who wants to sell his, and even then, you should be wary of a deal like that..... most normal phones dont ship with 2100mah battery, u get that from mostly notes or phablets,(not tablets), they ship with mostly max 1,650/1700mah .....but u can get a 2000mah battery from the market if thats what u want...... i had wanted to suggest the htc desire hd for u....it fits the price range, BUT has only 1,230mah battery, which u can upgrade to 2000mah that u can get from the market, and has only 768 ram, which is okay, if u get to root ur phone, and install custom rom, or remove manufacturers bloatware from stock rom....hope i answered u satisfactorily? if not, ask more.....
Thanks alot
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Domwiz4all(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
Pls how do i upgrade HTC desire battery to 2000mAh?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Deruze(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay: This thread is created with the intention of helping people who want to get a smartphone for the first time, or people who purchase phones, n get tired of the phones in no time......our the complete noobs, whi just buy phones, cos of tv ads, or hypes.....we advice u based on your phone needs, n budget.....just state your needs n budget, n we'll help u find the exact phone tailored for u........
hello Bro. Pls i nid ur help. There is a guy dat want 2 sell his Samsung galaxy S Relay @23k. Pls what are d things that i should check on d phone b4 i pay him. Tanx
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
Deruze: hello Bro. Pls i nid ur help. There is a guy dat want 2 sell his Samsung galaxy S Relay @23k. Pls what are d things that i should check on d phone b4 i pay him. Tanx
if the phone is not faulty hardware wise, rush buy the phone before the guy sell am for another person, its a very good phone.....just make sure its not faulty, so far, the specs are good.....lemme know when you've bought it......also make sure its the relay 4G T699....if its it, rush the fone my brother
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2013
Domwiz4all: Pls how do i upgrade HTC desire battery to 2000mAh?
nah, what i mean is that you will buy a battery with 2000mah capacity

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Deruze(m): 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
sheelay:
if the phone is not faulty hardware wise, rush buy the phone before the guy sell am for another person, its a very good phone.....just make sure its not faulty, so far, the specs are good.....lemme know when you've bought it......also make sure its the relay 4G T699....if its it, rush the fone my brother
ok. Tanx. Lemme cal hm den
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2013
Deruze: ok. Tanx. Lemme cal hm den
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember This (picture) / MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.