Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,800 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

A Call For A Sober Reflection As We Celebrate Nigeria 52th Year Today. (pls Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For A Sober Reflection As We Celebrate Nigeria 52th Year Today. (pls Read (935 Views)

Pix Of A Sober Dizeani At Abdulsalam's Residence / Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. / 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call For A Sober Reflection As We Celebrate Nigeria 52th Year Today. (pls Read by paleo(m): 6:01am On Oct 01, 2012
A CALL FOR A SOBER REFLECTION OF OUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS NIGERIA AS WE CELEBRATE OUR 52ND INDEPENDENCE.

It’s yet another celebration for this great country Nigeria. Witnessing this celebration, I am delighted to be associated with this nation at a time when there is a need for collective responsibility and contribution in the nation building of our country Nigeria. The critically assessment of the state of decadence in our great nation and a call for a sober reflection of how our attitudes (Religious, Tribal, Cultural, Moral, Social, Political, Economic and Socio – Political) affects this development of this nation should be the focal thoughts in the heart of all well meaning citizens of this country.

I maintain the same view with Senator David Mark when he counseled that, “Nobody is coming from the moon or the space to solve our problems for us. The challenge is that we must put behind us such mundane issues as ethnic or religious differences and come together as one people to tackle our problems”.

Reviewing Nigeria’s democratic journey in the past 13 years, the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar noted that it was understandable for people to be impatient for change because of their harsh experiences. He urges Nigerians to avoid obsession with the past, which might lead them to lose hope in today and the future. He noted with concern that, a sense of nostalgia was leading Nigerians to give up about the present and the future. He, however, noted that the democratic process takes some time to get rooted and in the process mistakes were bound to occur.

Though, we go through different dramas and challenges everyday as individuals and as a nation, only the resolve and willingness of Nigerians to confront the various issues affecting this nation would get us out of our dilemma. Indeed, it Seems like our Mother Nigeria is helpless and stuck in a cross road yet, despite all these, the zeal of unity made her survive in the past and surely, she is going to scale through all challenges in future. Not even the civil war of 1967 to 1970 could bring her to a stop.

It is from this perspective that I urge you as a good citizen of our country Nigerian to keep the positive faith of this country alive. President Obama, in a statement signed by Hillary Clinton, the United States Secretary, said that: “I am delighted to send best wishes to the people of Nigeria as you celebrate your Independence Day this October 1, ‘We value this partnership and remain dedicated to working together to meet the challenges of the future. On the 52nd anniversary of your independence, I wish all Nigerians a peaceful and prosperous year”. If the united state president has hope in our country Nigeria, why are we the citizens losing our hopes in her?.

I therefore plead on behalf of our Mother Nigeria that we, the children should help her develop and make her a proud mum. Let’s keep a positive attitude towards her in whatever we engage ourselves in, Lets speak good and positive things about her, let’s be optimist about our hopes in her, let help her regain her rightful position in the global world and maintain the name, Giant of Africa. She does have a promising future, let’s help her get there. She’s the only mother we got so, let’s make her fruitful. Indeed, there is no place like home, there is no country we can call our own. The entire world is watching the way we’ll treat our mother today.

Go out there today, join others celebrate our dear mother Nigeria in your own little way. raise her flags up to the skies, be cautious of not breaking any rule today, try not to litter the street, keep your surroundings clean, drive carefully and observe traffic rules, help someone in need today, monitor your words and try not to be abusive this day to any individual or, to the country Nigeria. Try to be happy and let a smile all day. Give it a try to live just and upright if only for today. Just do something right and try to be patriotic this day and trust me, if we all do, Nigeria will surely flourish, be blessed and grow to be a country of our dreams. God bless you, God bless your home and family, God bless your state and God bless our mother Nigeria….. paleo cheesy smiley kiss.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Administration Is The Worst Since Independence.mr Robert Clarke -SAN / Gov. Danbaba Suntai Dead – Presidency / Dangote As President 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.