Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,209 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

Jonathan’s Administration Is The Worst Since Independence.mr Robert Clarke -SAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Administration Is The Worst Since Independence.mr Robert Clarke -SAN (935 Views)

Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months / Bakassi Has Never Been Part Of Nigeria – Robert Clarke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Administration Is The Worst Since Independence.mr Robert Clarke -SAN by idlaw2k3(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2012
Constitutional lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr Robert Clarke today said Nigeria does not run a democratic system of government.
Mr Clarke, who was speaking as a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, said “I have seen it pre-independence governance, I have seen first independence governance, I have seen military governance, I have seen the second republic governance and I am seeing now the so called third republic governance”.

He took a swipe at the president saying “I can assure you he (President Jonathan) cannot name twenty of his minsters off head”.

He also accused ministers and governors of having a long thread of aides that are paid for doing nothing with tax payers’ money.

He said “Look let’s not deceive ourselves, we have no democracy in Nigeria, what we are running today in Nigeria is a civil form of government”.

He went further to explain what a true democracy is positing that it is “the entrenchment of institution”.

He said the institutions in Nigeria lack the autonomy to operate on their own, a trend he traced to Obasanjo’s government that began in 1999.

“The police is still subservient to the governor, subservient to the president. The EFCC is still subservient to this..we have not entrenched the institutions we have to make them independent so that we can feel the effect of democracy”.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/03/legal-expert-says-jonathans-administration-is-the-worst-since-indepence/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

(1) (Reply)

Dangote As President 2015 / Mastermind In Okonjo Kidnap Shot Dead In Asaba – Police / Gej To Blame For Absentee Governors Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.