Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Novel Event Idea - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Novel Event Idea (914 Views)

I Need Someone To Invest In My Business Idea / I Have #20,000,000. I Need A Good Business Idea To Invest It / Is this Business Idea Worth Starting Up? (Car Dealer Site) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Novel Event Idea by iyc(m): 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2008
Hey nairalanders,

i have this really sweet event concept, which is like really cool and all. things is i need to do plenty documentation, in terms of intellectual property details and other legal elements.

i want to float a company (i truly need to, it is mandatory), and i need people who can either appreciate a good idea, or who can tell the potential in an event. this is really big and i am even scared to discuss it, cause of all the stuff i have been hearing about theft of intellectual property and stuff like that. i hear that if i want to discuss it with a corporate body, i need to have something called a non disclosure agreement, so that the idea is not actualised by someone else.

this is all really tech for me, and i need a good lawyer and some interested investors. please reach me at talk2iyc at yahoo. co. uk the name is iyc.

hope to start talking soon.

regards,
iyc
Re: Novel Event Idea by Seun(m): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2008
Feel free to discuss with it me. I have no flair for that business but I like to discuss ideas.
Re: Novel Event Idea by iyc(m): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2008
hey seun,

this is exactly what i am scared of. i don't know u and i am like supposed to spill my guts? please spare me, i have heard plenty bad stories. if i were to see u in person, that would be a different idea. think about it!!

emeka
Re: Novel Event Idea by 2ceSharp(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2008
Two things you're doing wrong
1) If you truly have a novel concept and it really is, sharing it on a forum like this doesn't rob it of its novelty. Neither will it give any Tom, Dick and Harry the motivation to go and do it. Instead you'll get insights on the idea if there are people that have tried it before to guide you how to go about it or to even totally forget it.
2) Seun is the administrator of this site and if he says discuss i can assure, go ahead and talk. He's not gonna steal your idea. I feel (with my sixth sense) that you dont have the idea altogether yet. You still have only a thot or two about what it looks like. Do you have it on paper? in a plan form? Do you have your research done? Market and marketing research? A lot of people come on this forum and say stuff similar to what you just posted and at the end, it turns out they have nothing but a scheme to get money from you and run. I think u're not that type.

Put some details not too relevant but a rough sketch of the idea and let's see. I like ideas, infact i coach people to develop ideas, !
Re: Novel Event Idea by iyc(m): 11:02am On Jan 17, 2008
All right folks. Bros Seun, no harm intended. Here goes: IThe plan is to have an event built around the rainbow and consumer goods, particularly fast moving consumer goods. It is to be called "RAINBOW CONSUMER FFESTIVAL"; It will run four days in the easter, from Good friday till easter monday. The xmas version will run for twelve days, from 22nd of december up till 2nd of january. It will have artistes (at least two international stars) and games, and the atmosphere is going to be carnival like.

The real juice is that at the venue (i'm hoping its trade fair, badagry), brands that are participating will be accomodated in tents which are their colour. So its like this, in the red tent, you will see celtel and gulder and uba; in the green, you'll see globacom and heineken; yellow will accomodate mtn, and like that. So it is like a trade fair for consumers and their favourite brands built around periods that will facilitate full enjoyment, while brands will pay to be present, which should cover all your costs, plus some profit. The thing with the trade fair venue is that it is the largest ground available that can accomodate that nature of event.

So tell me y'all, who wants to party with moi!!!
Re: Novel Event Idea by iyc(m): 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
Hello there y'all. I am wondering if everyone thought nothing of the idea, or is someone still mad at me? I will like opinions, modification suggestion, and all that can be said, so that whilst it is still unregistered, adaptations and or modifications can be made. I await someone to break the ice.
Re: Novel Event Idea by touche(m): 2:52am On Jan 23, 2008
@Poster

You are so excited about your idea, I thought you'd discovered a diamond mine in Ajegunle cheesy !! I like your enthusiasm wink.
Re: Novel Event Idea by SOJ(m): 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2008
@touche
dont be so pessimistic grin thats the nature of an idea (good or bad sha).you'll feel like u discovered the cure for AIDS.

@poster
i suggest dat u raise a team of like minds who 2geda will brainstorm ur idea and somethin will definitely comeout of it.its a good idea but honestly needs some fine tuning.
Re: Novel Event Idea by zheroes(m): 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2008
if only everyone can reason like you.
Re: Novel Event Idea by iyc(m): 10:26am On Jan 29, 2008
Hey, did i miss something or what? I have not heard anything about what anyone thougt. So i spill my guts and get a resounding silence, hello.
Re: Novel Event Idea by iyc(m): 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2008
Hey people, i am indeed very grateful for the kind comments, and i assure that all was received in very good light, for the growth and development of the cause. I am actually trying to do the brainstorming session, and i would appreciate any interested party who is willing tolend their brains and participation to same. The line about the grand thought of some wonderful invention was nice, and i can only say that, until you have laboured to give birth to an idea, after months/years of incubation is truly a joy to behold. Little wonder mothers cry so much during the periods surrounding the first child, but reruns are always the way to go, so we assume that it is a sweet joy to birth something new. if you ain't done it you will never understand.

Like mtn says these days, go start something. So like minds needed!!!

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Banks Recall $3bn Credit Line From Nigerian Banks / What Are Your needs?? / How Do I Get Short Code Service Like Hmm 33032

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.