Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,794 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

What If The Internet Crashes? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What If The Internet Crashes? (831 Views)

How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem / Us Congress Plan To Censor The Internet / How To Send Pc To Phone Sms With Customised Sender Id Without The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What If The Internet Crashes? by Ttola(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2008
i understand to an extent about the hierarchal configuration of the internet and i've wondering what if i can be compromised or sabotaged,,, what backup will move in or will that be the end?

it seems like everyone is building their infrastructure on the internet, satellites and other inter-network devices. could it not be a 'preset' that would ensure all things at a point will be relying on this infrastructure when it will all be destroyed and the cause will be given a name, and all existing transactions will be halted. then ll be left with just an alternative that they wld define,
Re: What If The Internet Crashes? by bakenda(m): 5:25am On Jan 17, 2008
The Internet was designed to be a robust,
fault-tolerant system such that if a part is
destroyed it does not affect the functioning
of the whole.
Re: What If The Internet Crashes? by niyyie(m): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2008
The Internet is essentially a network of networks. Its almost impossible for the entire Internet to go down.
Yes, a section of the Internet can be down but other sections would be up-and-running.

(1) (Reply)

Contact Form Help / Website Review For www.nauna.com / Barter: Design My Wsite, I Teach U 3d Animations/professional Videoworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.