Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,455 members, 7,836,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Former 007 Roger Moore Beaten Up By First Two Wives - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Former 007 Roger Moore Beaten Up By First Two Wives (1125 Views)

Davido Escaped Being Beaten Up By Fan In Burkina Faso / Photo: Wizkid Stood For His Fans From Being Beaten Up By Bouncers At Event / I Was Molested By A Priest, Beaten Up By My Ex - Lola Omotayo Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former 007 Roger Moore Beaten Up By First Two Wives by webaplanet(m): 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
Former 007 Roger Moore Beaten Up By First Two Wives

James Bond star speaks out about domestic violence

Former James Bond actor Roger Moore has claimed he was beaten up while suffering domestic abuse in his first two marriages.

The 84-year-old actor, who starred in seven Bond films including much loved films ‘Live and Let Die’ and ‘The Man With The Golden Gun’, claims he encountered violence from two spouses.

He has said that he suffered abuse while married to ice skater Doorn Van Steyn, who Moore married when he was 19 and later wife Dorothy Squires.

According to the AP, Moore told Piers Morgan of Van Steyn in an interview due to air on Friday (September 14) that, “She would scratch me,” and that, “My mother was always petrified when I went home to see that I had more scars.”

Moore, who is now on his fourth marriage, said that Van Steyn had even attacked a doctor who was treating a cut on his hand, saying: “She said to him, ‘Aren’t you going to do anything?’ and punched him,” adding: “Which made a change, because normally she punched me.”

Moore divorced Van Steyn in 1953 and married Welsh singer Dorothy Squires, who he said had “a great temper.”

She apparently even once hit the actor over the head with a guitar before they divorced in 1968 and Moore married Italian actress Luisa Mattioli the next year.

Moore has been married to Christina Tholstrup, a 71-year-old Scandinavian socialite, since 2002. Squires died in 1998 and Van Steyn in 2010.
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/87784/Ex-James-Bond-Roger-Moore-Beaten-Up-By-First-Two-Wives

For such odd and wacky news click http://

(1) (Reply)

Terry G And Fiancee Welcome Baby Boy (photo) / Wish DONJAZZY Happy Birthday & Comment On His Pics Come 2053! / Complete Chris Brown And Wizkid Performance In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.