Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? (10441 Views)

Which Soup Is Your Favorite / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Your Worst Food Combination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by MrsChima1(f): 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
kokoye:

Quality food like a bag of Frito Lay chips.

yea.

We don't have that shit in our house. We believe in eating QUALITY FOODS that help us live longer.

Of course...you wouldn't know nothing about that.

i am not knocking your household though.....enjoy those fritos. wink
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by ace1(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
If I av 2 combine, den it has 2 b Egusi and Afang.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Enoquin(f): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with mixing...I see it as being creative. I don't mean the mixing of different cooked soups together oh like gbegiri and ewedu...perhaps we Akwa Ibomites are the best at mixing. There is nothing that we don't try out even though we have enough soups...
Here are some crazy soup mixing that I know of:
Atama leaf and okra with unshelled periwinkle
Atama leaf and waterleaf
Afang and okra
Ogbono and Egusi with Ugwu
Afang and Egusi
Afang and achi
Some people even cook the leaf used in wrapping the cocoyam and wateryam (ekpang nkukwo) mixture.
ETC

My favorites are:
Ogbono and Okra with unshelled periwinkles and goatmeat with a sprinkle of adusa leaves
Egusi and Okra with unshelled periwinkles and stockfish (to bring out the taste of this combo) with a sprinkle of adusa
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by UmericanGirl(f): 9:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
Truckpusher: badt gurll chop something!

I don chop beans finish tongue tongue
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by UmericanGirl(f): 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
kokoye:

Quality food like a bag of Frito Lay chips.

yea.

Its made with corn. It must be healthy abi?
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Htown64(m): 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
SlyIg: Garri goes with any soup to me. Mixed or not. Hope im free to mention garri here o.
NO! You are not free to mention garri here because garri is not soup.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Htown64(m): 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
blink182: Ogbolor and Egusi soup
BEST COMBO IN THE WORLD. wink
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Htown64(m): 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
blink182: Ogbolor and Egusi soup
BEST COMBO IN THE WORLD!
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by futurewise11(m): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
@all
Come sabo to eat at whitehouse.amala with gbegiri and ewedu,or visit amala shita ur life will never remain the same.
Bitter leaf and any draw soup nko
Egusi and bitter,prepare to sleep there after the food.
I like mixing a lot ooo,its da bomb!!!!!!!
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by boyofgodbybirth(m): 12:00am On Oct 04, 2012
garripack: GA*RI MIXED WITH PALMWINE GANISHED WITH KOLA NUT IF NECESSARY TOP AM WITH LITTLE BITTER KOLAgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Balance diet
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:43am On Oct 04, 2012
Egusi pelu efo riro ati eran orisirisi kiss kiss kiss ( especially with hot pounded yam that was actually pounded and not that flour crap... Heavenly feelings.)
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Starlett: 1:10am On Oct 04, 2012
Egusi and draw soup (Ogbono or okro but preferably Ogbono) for me.

Well prepared goat meat a welcome bonus!
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by deezed1(m): 1:21am On Oct 04, 2012
aryzgreat: we igbos don't mix soup, either eat egusi alone or eat bitter leaf alone, but vegetables like ugu, bitterleaf etc can be used to garnish any soup. i hate soup combo, it makes me wanna throw up! yuck! sad

Dude, dnt say that. Ibos also mix soup. I am a full blooded Ibo man plus I schooled in a University in the S/Eastern Nigeria. Back den in Uni, I was shocked to discover that we mix soup lyk... U guys help me out,I dunno wt 2 compare it wit.
Most, if not all the restraunts are owned by Ibo women and wen taking your order 4 swallow foods, by default, they'll always ask which soup combo u want.
I grew up in a home where we don't mix soups even up till now, but I got 2 learn it in the Uni.
So in summary, Ibos do mix soup too. Infact, they do it a lot.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by deezed1(m): 1:27am On Oct 04, 2012
And to answer d op's question, my favourite combo bk in the Uni was Egwusi and Oha soup, in d absence of which I can make do with Egwusi and Draw(okro or ogbono, but preferably okro) soup. And cos I dnt eat red meat, I prefer fish or white meat.

Thank you!

PS: That doesn't mean I can't eat without mixing soups or prefer eating mixed soup. Jst that in those Uni canteens, they frown at the demands of only one soup and the quantity, wen eventually served, won't be sufficient enough as to when the soup is mixed. Like I said in my earlier post, at home we don't mix soups and that's ok/perfect for me. I can go on Egwusi or Oha soup for lengthy days witout having any feeling of monotony.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by SirECO(m): 3:09am On Oct 04, 2012
Any soup from my mother's kitchen, goes for me. Her soup is the best.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by pwettytemmy(f): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2012
aryzgreat: we igbos don't mix soup, either eat egusi alone or eat bitter leaf alone, but vegetables like ugu, bitterleaf etc can be used to garnish any soup. i hate soup combo, it makes me wanna throw up! yuck! sad
did u just say igbo's don't mix soup. Nah, maybe from where ur own side. During my service year, my roomate can mix okro with anything leaves. Even mango leaves #winks# just kidding bt it always makes me an oliver twist.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by vescucci(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2012
Gbegi and ewedu

Okra and Ogbonno

Egusi and okra

Those are the ones I can eat. Now, I've not eaten naija food in ages. If you gimme ewedu and okra, I'd probably eat it without complaining
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Ebiprecious: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
My friend's nickname is afangmelondraw. She mixes afang + egusi + okro + ogbono @ †ђξ same time

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by patrickmuf(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ebiprecious: My friend's nickname is afangmelondraw. She mixes afang + egusi + okro + ogbono @ †ђξ same time
pls are you a unical student? Cos thats our number one combination in malabor republic...Once again Give it Up For Afang + Melon + Draw soup

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Megmary(f): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
I dont like combining soup, cant even taste it.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Abrantie: 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by azeezakande: 3:30am On Oct 05, 2012
Okra soup with vegetable soup. Lord knows I love this combo.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by ComeToJesus: 4:59pm On May 14, 2022
patrickmuf:
pls are you a unical student? Cos thats our number one combination in malabor republic...Once again Give it Up For Afang + Melon + Draw soup

Great Malabite grin grin
Afang melon draw
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by patrickmuf(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2022
ComeToJesus:

Great Malabite grin grin
Afang melon draw
Hehehe I can't forget that year...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Soups / At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? / Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.