Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,473 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Can Blind People See Their Dreams? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can Blind People See Their Dreams? (2244 Views)

Do Blind People See In Their Dreamz???? / 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! / Do Blind people See In Their Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by tjdno(m): 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2008
Can blind people see their dreams?
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by leyla(f): 9:19pm On Jan 17, 2008
Well my friend is blind and sometimes tells me her dreams. But she has only recently gone blind, i dont know if a person had been Blind from Birth they may not be able to see their dreams because they have never had a visual image of what things can look like.
But i could be wrong.
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by chychy(f): 9:08am On Jan 18, 2008
I think a blind person shd be able to c in his/her dreams cos while dreaming, we really do not use our eyes but our mind's eye.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by tjdno(m): 10:17am On Jan 19, 2008
I still dont understand. I need more opinion please.
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by zheroes(m): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2008
look for a blind man or woman and ask if they ever dreamt or dream and what the feeling is like ? do you dream with your eyes? when you dream are your eyes open? you dream when you sleep, so do blind people sleep?
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by princeonx: 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2008
@tjdno:

you that can see, do you see your dream? just wondering!
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by TheSly: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2008
Poster!

yes blind people do see in their dreams!
u ever imagined how the blind people knows the way to their mouth without any interruption?

thats the way it is. . .its NAtural! cool
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by uspry1(f): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2008
Yes blind people can see their dreams the same as normal people do equally---but just lost one of five senses. They are independent people with licensed seeing dog aided them around their home and work. In the US, blind people can go work on the job with braille printer and voice synthesizer on their computer system.

Some blind people can go mountain-climbing, water-skiing, jumping parachute, scuba diving, whatever a blind person want (of course with assistance). Blind people can do their hobbies such as art drawing, computer programming, listening movie/TV, and listening to newspaper, magazine, and book even website using their own computerized text-to-voice synthesizer software on a special scanner.

Most blind people can become lawyer, counselor, web developer, even teacher.

Most major cities in the US do provide "VAN-TO-GO" for handicapped and blind people to get ride going to work or having doctor appointment independently.  Most city buses do carry handicapped equipped to lift wheelchair people into the bus and accepting licensed seeing dog aided into bus. Those people who sit on the front are politely respect handicapped and blind people offering front seat PRIORITY.

Some public buildings with accessible do OFFER handicapped/blind people request for assistance with push "bell button" ring.

Because in the US has a law effective to protect the civil rights for disabled people called American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) that signed by President George Bush. We have thousands of disabled advocates as well as many disabled organizations to help them out in the quality of housing, employment, family/parenthood rights and legal rights. Also for all government sites MUST BE PASSED complying with the Federal Section 508c law, that is web accessible for blind, deaf, and low-visible people.

What an amazing technology accessible and ADA/Federal Section 508c law for blind people! God bless America!!
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by fastmoney(m): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2008
@uspry1
lol, how do u expect us to believe that blind people jump off plains with parachutes,
ur dumb
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by uspry1(f): 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2008
fastmoney:

@uspry1
lol, how do u expect us to believe that blind people jump off plains with parachutes, your dumb

@fastmoney,

Thank you and yes, you are right that I am DUMB since you never underestimate the power of technology world. How do I know? I watch on cable tv "Discovery Channel" or "TLC" channel where brave person go dare things where no men beyond that.

Start with taking parachute class at somewhere airfield hanger in the US, the blind person learns about how does it work and practice to jump parachute on the ground before go the real one on the plane.

Through highly experienced parachute teacher or assistant along with walkie-talkie, the teacher communicate to blind person jumping off the plane (not plains) with parachutes. Starting to count knowing when it is due to pull the string for opening parachute and to listen to his/her earphone from walkie-talkie by experienced parachute teacher/assistant who jumps together guiding to know where to land the "X" correctly without seeing it.

Any question, next!
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by playmate(f): 12:08am On Jan 21, 2008
chychy:

I think a blind person should be able to c in his/her dreams because [b]while dreaming, we really do not use our eyes but our mind's eye..[/b]

i agree wit u,its a natural phenomenon dat every one dreams,no exception.
Re: Can Blind People See Their Dreams? by kingsikaz(m): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2008
yes of course! here are scientific explanations:

the body is basically in 4 State of Mind vis Delta, Theta, Alpha and Beta State. each state of mind has it own relative functions.

BRAIN WAVES
The brain functions by sending electrical signals from one place to another. Very small charges pass between nerve cells, accompanied by changes in electrical potential, in voltage.

This activity can be measured and displayed as a wave form called brain wave or brain rhythm. The height of the wave is a measure of the potential difference, its frequency is a measure of the rate at which electrical charges pass through a nerve cell or nerve fibre. {1}
A person's brain is active all the time, waking and sleeping, producing and shifting between distinct wave forms which are commonly grouped as follows:

Table 1
Brain Waves

Frequenc Name of Wave Band Description

1 - 3 Delta Generally strongest when a person is in a deep dreamless sleep.

4 - 7 Theta May be associated with dreamy, creative, intuitive states.

8 - 10 Alpha Associated with a calm and relaxed state when the person is not thinking.

15 - 30 Beta Associated with being alert, with normal thinking, with processing information.

the brain also has a developed way of receiving signals through sensory transmission- with d help of chemicals called [b]Neurotransmitters[/b] eg Norepinephrine([/b]formerly called [b]noradrenalin which is important for forming memories.

(1) (Reply)

Creative Art With Flies ~lol~ / Download-benzola "What Ever" Remix Feat Upper X & Osanga Prod By Dr.ritzy / If The Devil Could Quote Bruce Lee, This Is What He Would Say!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.