Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

How Do You Relate With A Younger Boss? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Relate With A Younger Boss? (1006 Views)

Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff / Salary Earners Can You Relate To This Picture? / Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Relate With A Younger Boss? by vislabraye(m): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
I've spoken with friends about having a boss younger than they are.

Due to one reason or the other e.g late admission, get a job late, slow promotion or favouritism one may have a younger boss.

There's a particular lady who has a boss younger than she is and the boss tends to be arrogant. The boss once scolded her and said, "its because of this behaviour of yours that's why you haven't married". This lady wept.

I have also noticed this behaviour amongst bankers.

How do you cope with a rude cocky boss younger than you are?
Re: How Do You Relate With A Younger Boss? by obowunmi(m): 2:54am On Oct 03, 2012
Nothing is personal.
Re: How Do You Relate With A Younger Boss? by vislabraye(m): 3:18am On Oct 03, 2012
obowunmi: Nothing is personal.

That's how its meant to be. But humans have ego too. Imagine Paddy Adenuga slapping a 50 year old man. Would you take it personal?
Re: How Do You Relate With A Younger Boss? by Mustay(m): 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
I've seen one keyword I was expecting - ego. Do what you gatz to do and comot.

Learn to separate work issues from personal shenanighans.
Re: How Do You Relate With A Younger Boss? by eledalo: 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
I guess its OK for an older boss to slap people and ask them why they are not married but not a younger one. Abeg delete this topic, close your nairaland account and break your router or whatever you use to access the internet.

What is special in having a younger boss?

(1) (Reply)

Which Side Of Your Brain Do You Use More....the Left Or The Right Side? / Casualisation, Precarious Threat To Decent Employment / ASCON Exam: Please I Need Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.