Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Which Side Of Your Brain Do You Use More....the Left Or The Right Side? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Side Of Your Brain Do You Use More....the Left Or The Right Side? (1003 Views)

Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff / 10 Signs To Know That You Have Found The Right Career / Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Side Of Your Brain Do You Use More....the Left Or The Right Side? by inspire101(m): 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hello everyone,
It took me a long time to realize that the human brain is divided into the left and right hemisphere….and that some us have been trained in the use of one part of the brain more than the other. I also realize that achieving a balance in the use of both sides is the key to a fulfilled life. I have highlighted the functions of both sides of the brain below….

Left brain functions

• Uses logic
• Detail oriented
• Focuses on facts
• Focus on rule
• Words and language
• Present and past
• Math and science
• Can comprehend
• Focus on knowledge
• Acknowledges
• Order/pattern perception
• Knows object name
• Reality based
• Forms strategies
• Practical
• Safe

Right brain functions

• Uses feeling
• "Big picture" oriented
• Focus on imagination
• Focus on intuition
• Symbols and images
• Present and future
• Philosophy & religion
• Can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
• Focus on believes
• Appreciates
• Spatial perception
• Knows object function
• Fantasy based
• Presents possibilities
• Spontaneous
• Risk taking

Knowing the side of the brain you use MORE can be a good guide when you want to choose a career path or even a spouse.There are two links below...Use the first link to read more about this topic and the 2nd link to take a test if you are NOT sure of your "status"…..For those who think they know…..Which is your dominant side? What is the ratio? is your current "brainpower" pushing you forward in your current career or does it drain you?

I think it's worth talking about. Thanks for your intelligent contributions and do stay inspired!

http://goodpal.hubpages.com/hub/Whole-Brain-Better-Than-Two-Halves

http://www.wherecreativitygoestoschool.com/vancouver/left_right/rb_test.htm
Re: Which Side Of Your Brain Do You Use More....the Left Or The Right Side? by dmcdad: 4:55am On Dec 14, 2012
Nice one there... I think I have more of a balanced brain cuz from the list highlighted, both sides function, and almost equally...

(1) (Reply)

Principles For The Management Of Credit Risk / True Life Story That Could Help Get A High-paying Job In Nigeria / Your CV - 5 Things You're Not Being Told

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.