Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? (12182 Views)

Vocalist Simi Slays In New Promo Photos / Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Hero(m): 12:30am On Apr 15, 2006
I was just listening to this CD of the greatest Whitney songs my wife had in our collection,  and DAMN,  that women could blow. She could sing the hell outa song. By the way, my momma and her went to the same church as lil girls, and I can remember my mother telling me that even then at the very young age she had a very professional and powerful voice,  while singing in the coir, and at that time she was only like 10 or 11!!  shocked She said that she could tear the bejesus out a holy song back then.  cheesy She was a very cute lil girl, and lots of boys used to like her,  but she was raised in a very religious home and famous family, and thus they didn't allow her to fraternize with the boys around the way.

She was so good that the local radio station used to allow her to sing songs at the station to the listening audience. Her powerful clear voice used to put chills down your spine when she'd crank it up to that classic,  high, long octave. Damn, what a waste.  SO what's your thoughts; is she is or is she aint the greatest vocalist of all time?  I don't care if she is a crackhead, I still love me some Whitney!!  kiss She's put out some of the greatest songs of all time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Ciaralover(f): 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2006
I still luv her eventhough she is a CRACKAHOLIC!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by sade511(f): 3:03am On Apr 16, 2006
No doubt Whitney has a BEAUTIFUL voice. I dont know she just might be the greatest vocalist but lets not forget about Maraih Carey or Celine Dion.
Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Hero(m): 4:44am On Apr 16, 2006
sade511:

No doubt Whitney has a BEAUTIFUL voice. I don't know she just might be the greatest vocalist but lets not forget about Maraih Carey or Celine Dion.

Them two just scream alot, Whitney actually sang with consistent floetry in her voice. She was a REAL singer. Most chicks these days, just scream real well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Free(f): 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2006
Yes yes and yes, WHITNEY HOUSTON she dey ooooooo!!!!!!!!
she is the greastest vocalist, omg i love her!!!!!!! her music i dey love too much
crack and bobby brown has done her Wrong!!!!!!! she needs to come back
i know she can, say not to crack whitney, why can you just say noo!!!! cry cry
I miss you lots Come back!!!!!!! grin cheesy cheesy

excuse celine and mariah!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2006
i like dis song of her's ''i believe da children re da future'' n im every woman, she's good kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by sade511(f): 10:24pm On Apr 16, 2006
I dont think Maraih screams, I think she has a lot of range in her voice.
Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by eveseh(f): 12:00am On Jun 10, 2006
LOL,she likes to shout,
Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Pinkrosey(f): 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2009
still the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Pepeye(f): 8:07pm On Feb 01, 2009
i dof my hat for her kiss
Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by spikedcylinder: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
About time she "came back" innit? angry
Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
I love Whitney so much, unfortunately drug and Bobby destroyed her life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Pepeye(f): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
still loff her tho kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by ckz: 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
For the people that think she is still on crack she has stopped and she is already workin on her comeback album. one of the tracks even leaked to the internet called like i never left with akon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb1Gb0LWOS0

Whitney Houston made a rare appearance to a standing ovation at the 2nd Annual BET Honors in Washington, D.C., on Saturday. The legendary diva is reportedly performing at Clive Davis’ pre-Grammy party on February 7 in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The picture below is of that night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Pepeye(f): 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2009
still got the radiant look kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by temi4rea(f): 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2009
shes stl the best

I love 'I learn from the best' smiley
Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Sapphic: 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2009
She looks phenomenal. I saw those BET photos and I hope she releases a fantastic album. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Pepeye(f): 9:42pm On Feb 06, 2009
Will always love her
Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Nobody: 4:25am On Feb 07, 2009
Wish her the best. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by smithwk: 9:10am On Feb 12, 2012
sade511:

No doubt Whitney has a BEAUTIFUL voice.  I dont know she just might be the greatest vocalist but lets not forget about Maraih Carey or Celine Dion.

Let's compare the singings of Whitney, Mariah and Celine

Whitney - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L_23XC3uCY

Mariah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Hw-0_JOys

Celine - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndxEnEt_bqM
Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 12, 2012
R.I.P for her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by sylve11: 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2012
truly the best vocalist of all time! cry cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by Knight1(m): 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2012
sade511:

No doubt Whitney has a BEAUTIFUL voice. I dont know she just might be the greatest vocalist but lets not forget about Maraih Carey or Celine Dion.

Celine Dion didn't sing on high notes, it's her voice that makes it sound so. Mariah.hmmmmmmmmm NO.Whitney was the greatest!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whitney Houston; Greatest Vocalist Of All Time? by brandonobi(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
ya she was amazing but lost her voice in her 40s kudos to the dramatic soprano Patti labelle for still slaying even past 70

(1) (Reply)

Beverly Naya Denies Dating Uti Nwachukwu / Kim Kardashian File For Divorce - TMZ / Abuja Brand Influencer Clinton Nwosu Seals Deal With Avrum Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.