Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,107 members, 7,842,207 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum (1260 Views)

'Those Who Squandered Jonathan’s 'N2 Trillion' Campaign Largesse' - Encomium / I Betrayed Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Others- Gov. LAMIDO Admits. / North Under Siege Because Of Buhari —gov Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by ektbear: 2:26am On Oct 03, 2012
A disagreement over a over $20,000 gift to Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum, a vigorous Northern Nigeria online discussion forum, is said to be tearing the group apart.

The largesse was doled out at the weekend in Dutse, capital of Jigawa State, by Governor Sule Lamido, following the group’s annual meeting in the city.

Our source said that the members were led on a courtesy visit to the governor, who gave the money as “transport fare,” by a former Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Alhaji Umaru Dembo.

The members present, however, allegedly shared $18,000 among themselves. When the information reached the other members who were not there, they expressed irritation as they saw the entire matter as having compromised the group’s integrity and independence.

Some of them, according to our source, insisted that the money be returned to the governor. Others are said to have accused the members who made the visit as “insensitive” for collecting and sharing the money instead of handing it over to the forum on whose behalf they had visited the governor in the first place.
Following these developments, the management of the forum has now given a 24-hour ultimatum to members involved to return their share of the money.

That message was, however, quickly challenged by Alhaji Dembo, who, in a terse statement, told the affected members not return their share of the money as he would refund the money on their behalf.

Our source further said noted that Alhaji Dembo, in a post in the forum, noted that he has already booked an appointment with Governor Lamido at which he will return the controversial $20,000 which has generated controversy all day today in the forum.

Below is the full text of the message to that effect sent by the group’s legal adviser, Abdullahi Yusuf Imam Imam, to those members who paid the courtesy call on Governor Lamido:
“I am directed by the management team of dandalin siyasa online forum to post its decision on this subject matter.
Immediately after the attention of the management of dandali was called on what had transpired during and after the courtesy visit to Governor Lamido, the management called an emergency meeting and has this to say;

1. That the courtesy visit to Jigawa State Government House was part of the activities scheduled to take place on Friday 28th by 4:30, but it was not done because there was no response then from the Government House.
2. That it was during the evening event on saturday, that the message reached the management through one of the members Lamara that the Governor is inviting dandali members to the government house on Sunday by 10:am.
3. That most of the management team members and members of Dandali foundation BOT were at the Govt house up to 11:30am, but for one reason or the other the Governor did not show up for the visit at the scheduled time. Most of the members including some management team members left for their respective unavoidable reasons.
4. That Chairman appointed the most senior member and member of BOT Alhaji Umaru Dembo to lead the delegation and handed over the speech to him to be delivered during the visit.
5. That the delegation were representing the entire members of dandali at the visit.
6. That non of the management team members were contacted when the delegation collected the sum of $20,000 from Governor Lamido and distributed same among them selves untill arround 5:30pm when the assistant secretary of dandali called Engr Muazu Magaji who happened to be together with chairman at airport and informed them.

Inview of the above, and after making due consultation with members of the dandali, the dandali management team as representatives of the entire members passed the following resolutions;

1. That the action of the delegation to Jigawa Govt House under the leadership of Alhaji Umaru Dembo of sharing the $18,000 among themselves is suppositious and therefore unacceptable.
2. That the management team hereby suspend the Secretary and his assistant from their respective posts till further notice.
3. That the mangement team advise members of the BOT of Dandali foundation to use the appropriate section of the constitution to suspend Alhaji Umaru Dembo from the membership.
4. That all the delegate members are advised to return their respective shares taken from the said amount to dandali management and handover same to Alhaji Uba Danzainab within 24hours from the time this decision was posted.
5. That all delegate members should apologize to the entire members of this forum.
6. The management should handover the money to BOT dandali foundation and apply same to the purpose of foundation.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/gov-lamido%E2%80%99s-20000-largesse-rips-apart-dandalin-siyasa-online-forum
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by asha80(m): 2:29am On Oct 03, 2012
money has a way causing confusion and bringing betrayal.
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by ektbear: 2:36am On Oct 03, 2012
Imagine, USD 20k in transportation fare. Dollars to donuts this money came from public funds, too.

I would not be surprised if some NLers we know were in Dutse this weekend.
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by asha80(m): 2:51am On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear: Imagine, USD 20k in transportation fare. Dollars to donuts this money came from public funds, too.

grin
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by SkyBlue1: 3:16am On Oct 03, 2012
A little lost, wetin happen 2k con loss? Sharp sharp, naija fast guy no be thief cheesy
Abeg Seun hurry up and shake body let us do Nairaland delegation. I swear I can chop and still be objective
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by edoyad(m): 7:21am On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear: Imagine, USD 20k in transportation fare. Dollars to donuts this money came from public funds, too.

Did you notice how ndu chuck has been posting with renewed strength since Sunday morning?
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by ektbear: 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
edoyad:

Did you notice how ndu chuck has been posting with renewed strength since Sunday morning?
grin cheesy
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by nduchucks: 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
edoyad:

Look at this Northerner who is in denial about his being a Northerner throwing a cheap shot. You funny no be small. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by ektbear: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
He is angry because you didn't share the money you collected with him grin
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by Akanbiedu(m): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
edoyad:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ndu_chucks:

Look at this Northerner who is in denial about his being a Northerner throwing a cheap shot. You funny no be small. cheesy cheesy cheesy

He is not a northerner, he is southern kaduna northerner. Point of correction.

[s]another way of putting it- northern christian[/s]
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by edoyad(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
Are you guys still in Nigeria, Nduchuck and Co? Is there still such a thing as North? Hmmmmm
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by edoyad(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
Are you guys still in Nigeria, Nduchuck and Co? Is there still such a thing as North? Hmmmmm .
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by nduchucks: 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He is not a northerner, he is southern kaduna northerner. Point of correction.

[s]another way of putting it- northern christian[/s]

Atanda_edu, ewo lo kan e ni'nu oku iya Adele
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by nduchucks: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
edoyad: Are you guys still in Nigeria, Nduchuck and Co? Is there still such a thing as North? Hmmmmm .

Yes o, my brother. We are still in the same country but we must continue to dominate you southern Kaduna aborigines till further notice. smiley
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by ektbear: 2:30am On Oct 04, 2012
Where is my own portion of the money, ndu_chucks
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 04, 2012
edoyad:

I was going to mention sth about that, but thought I was the only one who noticed cheesy
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by nduchucks: 2:47am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I was going to mention sth about that, but thought I was the only one who noticed cheesy

So you are watching me. oni se ku se.
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 04, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Lol
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 04, 2012
Is anyone watching the debate (Obama vs Romney).

#teamObama.
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by ektbear: 3:04am On Oct 04, 2012
yes ma'am
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by Akanbiedu(m): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Iwo bobo yi sha. grin grin grin
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by nduchucks: 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Where is my own portion of the money, ndu_chucks

BTW I don't accept handouts, secondly who/what da heck is Dandalin Siyasa? Besides you don't need any money since, I understand that you are a Software Engineer based in Silicon Valley area and who routinely rubs shoulders(and other artifacts) with Holywood biitches. You can always cash in a single share of google anytime you wish to have extra spare change.
Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by ektbear: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
naw, akure-based roadside mechanic is closer

so share the money, bros cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gov Lamido’s $20,000 Largesse Rips Apart Dandalin Siyasa Online Forum by excondido(m): 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2012

very funny!

(1) (Reply)

The Mubi Killing of 25 Students Also Deserves Attention. / Christiane Amanpour And Our Stockholm Syndrome- By Reno Omokr / All Suicide Bombers Shall Be Tormented With Bombs In Hell Fire Forever, Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.