Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. (1611 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 03, 2012
My Christian brothers, why do you sin as much as (or even more than) your Non-Christian brothers?

Do you think your past, present, and future sins have been absolved by the "blood of the lamb"? Is that why sin flows so easily from you like water from a flowing stream?

You believe that your God forgives so easily, yet you ado not fear him and the "punishment" he promised to visit on your future generations for your iniquities. Wicked, if you ask me. What has your children got to do with your sins?

“I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love Me and keep My commandments .”

- -Exodus 20:5-6

Tsk tsk to Christians [fake prophets] who do not keep his commandments.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 03, 2012
It's the period of grace. A Christian on the NL Singles thread claimed to be a Xtian but not born again, whatever the hell that means...

Image123 claims he hasn't sinned since he became a Xtian. According to him, for a Xtian to sin would be to invalidate the purpose of Jesus' mission on earth. On my mobile nw, it will be difficut to post a link to that comment.

I think religion gives people an excuse to do whatever crap they want, then 'start' all over with a clean slate, cos some divine entity has forgiven them.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by LordReed(m): 5:49am On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
My Christian brothers, why do you sin as much as (or even more than) your Non-Christian brothers?

Do you think your past, present, and future sins have been absolved by the "blood of the lamb"? Is that why sin flows so easily from you like water from a flowing stream?

You believe that your God forgives so easily, yet you ado not fear him and the "punishment" he promised to visit on your future generations for your iniquities. Wicked, if you ask me. What has your children got to do with your sins?

Hmmm your stance these days sounds like you are rebelling against something. Are you perhaps a pastor's daughter or were your parents strict religious-wise?
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 03, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Hmmm your stance these days sounds like you are rebelling against something. Are you perhaps a pastor's daughter or were your parents strict religious-wise?

None of the above.

Please dont try to give a personal reason for my threads. Trying to understand me online is like trying to understand a. . . . wink

If you see something "incorrect" with my observations, please do tell. lol

PS: I like this muskeeto guy's posts. He gives the simpliest, yet very precise explanations. Incredible!
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by LordReed(m): 6:34am On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

None of the above.

Please dont try to give a personal reason for my threads. Trying to understand me online is like trying to understand a. . . . wink

If you see something "incorrect" with my observations, please do tell. lol

PS: I like this muskeeto guy's posts. He gives the simpliest, yet very precise explanations. Incredible!

Okay I hear ya.

But seriously you don't need to bash in other to understand. Bashing will only get the more defensive types coming out here to express things that ain't nice.

To start with, do you even believe in a Creator of the Universe?
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by cyrexx: 6:46am On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto: It's the period of grace. A Christian on the NL Singles thread claimed to be a Xtian but not born again, whatever the hell that means...

Image123 claims he hasn't sinned since he became a Xtian. According to him, for a Xtian to sin would be to invalidate the purpose of Jesus' mission on earth. On my mobile nw, it will be difficut to post a link to that comment.

I think religion gives people an excuse to do whatever crap they want, then 'start' all over with a clean slate, cos some divine entity has forgiven them.

isnt it ironic that the same people who claim there is no basis for morality without religion are the same people who engage in all sorts of immoral activities. They knew that all their sins and bad activities will be washed away with a single prayer of forgiveness.

I call this a great moral loophole in religion, where you can do anything and "get away" with it. No wonder religion is not having any positive effect especially in Nigeria. The same armed robbers, contract inflators, embezzlers, aristos are the ones you see in churches and mosques once a week pretending to be holier than they are but revert back to their normal self the rest of the week. They know they will always be forgiven when they "repent" and ask for forgiveness and probably donate some big amount of money as a speciall offering to appease their god.

Talk about religion and morality
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2012
will you give your life to christ if I answer your question?
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2012
acidosis™:
will you give your life to christ if I answer your question?
Will you eat cow 5hit because it nourishes the soil?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto:
Will you eat cow 5hit because it nourishes the soil?
No I will eat the plant that was nourished by cow 5hit
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 03, 2012
acidosis™:

No I will eat the plant that was nourished by cow 5hit
So we'll take your answers and keep our lives..
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by k2039: 8:42am On Oct 03, 2012
[size=13pt]As usual,the fools are at it again[/size]
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by cyrexx: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2012
^^

[size=15pt]As usual,the deluded religionists are at it again[/size]
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Delafruita(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto: It's the period of grace. A Christian on the NL Singles thread claimed to be a Xtian but not born again, whatever the hell that means...

reminds me of an issue that happened a while ago.a big Bro of mine met a fine christian gal in church and somehow god 'showed' them and the pastor that she was his missing rib.naturally,she said she was a virgin and Bro didnt attempt to reach 3rd base till wedding night then VOILA,she wasnt a virgin.the suprising thing was she maintained her stance on been a virgin.her explanation-anyone who is in christ is a new creature,old things have passed away and all things have become new.hence the moment she gave her life to christ,she became a new creature hence a born again virgin.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 03, 2012
Delafruita:
reminds me of an issue that happened a while ago.a big Bro of mine met a fine christian gal in church and somehow god 'showed' them and the pastor that she was his missing rib.naturally,she said she was a virgin and Bro didnt attempt to reach 3rd base till wedding night then VOILA,she wasnt a virgin.the suprising thing was she maintained her stance on been a virgin.her explanation-anyone who is in christ is a new creature,old things have passed away and all things have become new.hence the moment she gave her life to christ,she became a new creature hence a born again virgin.
I hope the BornAgain Xtians on this thread get to read this.. It's a real pity what religion can do to people. Youths wasting their time talking about abstinence and making heaven when they live in a hell called Nigeria..

Open a thread regarding development of mind and infrastructure in Nigeria, and I'd be surprised if it gets past two pages...
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by sylve11: 11:46am On Oct 03, 2012
Delafruita:

gerrout there u liar! grin grin grin cool
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by wiegraf: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2012
Delafruita:

Oddly enough, her logic isn't that bad. I admire her creativity...
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by ayobase(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Are u keeping his commandments also?
It makes u fake if u aint!
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Delafruita(m): 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
wiegraf:

Oddly enough, her logic isn't that bad. I admire her creativity...
my thoughts exactly.i didnt know of this logic till the episode i related but after then,i have heard of quite a few cases of 'born again virgins'
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
Delafruita:
my thoughts exactly.i didnt know of this logic till the episode i related but after then,i have heard of quite a few cases of 'born again virgins'
lol @ born again virgins.. wetin person no go hear.. very soon restoration of hymens... you cant put it past oyedepo and co..

1 Like

Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Tgirl4real(f): 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2012

Really? Someone said that? I bet he attends Christ Embassy.
And I'm sure this verse of scripture doesn't exist in his bible. undecided

1John 1:8
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

@ Topic:

1John 1

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Okay I hear ya.

But seriously you don't need to bash in other to understand. Bashing will only get the more defensive types coming out here to express things that ain't nice.

To start with, do you even believe in a Creator of the Universe?

I am not bashing o. Chiee!!
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by LordReed(m): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I am not bashing o. Chiee!!

Okay but you didn't answer the question.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Okay but you didn't answer the question.

Kini ibeere re?
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Image123(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2012

are you lying at me or lying to me?
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
Image123:
are you lying at me or lying to me?
The comment

So mr, by God's grace, i am perfect. The scripture is given to us so that we should be perfect,
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
And don't dull yourself, some people like me are already perfect, yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
Phi 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Do i make mistakes? there are many types of mistake. Not every mistake is a sin. Sin is to miss the mark of God's standard of righteousness. i can make mistake and forget to shut the door, or buy the groceries, or miss my bus, or step on your head. God is not requiring such angelic perfection of always on time, never forgetting anything, spick-and-span, clothes always ironed and shoe never dusty. But God does not want us to ever commit sin again. That is the mirror shown us in the Bible, it is left to every sincere believer to look into the mirror and correct,with God's grace, every area where he/she is missing it, instead of cockily giving excuses to have the last word on NL.

I admit my statement about your claims that you haven't since you became a Xtian were maybe incorrect. But the second part of my statement is correct.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Image123(m): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto:
The comment

I admit my statement about your claims that you haven't since you became a Xtian were maybe incorrect. But the second part of my statement is correct.
this miserable sinner has being caught. ok i accept your confession and sincere attempt at honesty. Now, go and sin no more.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
Image123:
this miserable sinner has being caught. ok i accept your confession and sincere attempt at honesty. Now, go and sin no more.
to them who believe in a law and do not obey it, they are sinners..

how then can you call me a sinner?
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Image123(m): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto:
to them who believe in a law and do not obey it, they are sinners..

how then can you call me a sinner?
your fellow offenders should tell fashola in Lagos that they don't believe in his laws. pitiful sinner you.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by CrazyMan(m): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Ileke-Idi.
You're entitled to your opinions...

But if you must know, christianity is about loving God and loving your Neighbour,

Matthew 22:36-40. Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

If you keep sinning and bear in mind that God would forgive you, then see the passage below.

Isaiah 1:15-17.  When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; Even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!

16 Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong.

17 Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.

Christians who go on sinning with the hope that God would keep forgiving them are like children who deliberately provoke their parents and expect forgiveness. Even a fool would know that life doesn't work that way.

Hope I've answered your question.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Ptolomeus(m): 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
“I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love Me and keep My commandments .”

The "god of love" hates to third and fourth generation of sinners ....
But he forgives sinners friends! ...
He forgave, being his friends, the great history adulterers:
Abraham, David, Solomon, Noah ...
A Lot offering his daughters to strangers ...
No one is sure of going to heaven ...
But no sinner has denied the sky ...
God is a very special ...
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

how did you figure that?
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 04, 2012
Image123:
your fellow offenders should tell fashola in Lagos that they don't believe in his laws. pitiful sinner you.
His ways are not ways, yet you keep comparing him to mere mortals..

Y so stup1d?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God / God Is Not The Cause Of Existence / Muhammad Was Wrong, Islam Is Man Made Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.