Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,583 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience (11361 Views)

This will shock your Mind!!!!! / Heads Of Federal Agencies As Of Last Year (jonathan's Administration) / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by kim77: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2012
This has being the norms from time imemorial.
This is how they recruits tugs, Bokos, illitrates , unqualified, corrupt minds into the state , local and federal parastals. With 10,000 naira you can get a job in Nigeria police , but its now 400k..Wahala dey o o o o . Who will save Nigeria..?
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Oluabayomi1(m): 10:42am On Oct 03, 2012
Are stil doing replacement in d civil defence coz i'm planning to raise some cash so as to get d job since that is d norms now. Pls anyone who can link me up or wt vital info should reach me on my mobile 08036246041. Pls i am very serious.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2012
Why is the Presidency in SHock, GEJ released $2 billion dollars and all the Governors did a double-flip forward somersault with a waist-twist to land him Acting President and Then President JOB.. go figure grin grin
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by AMEBO2BUSY: 11:06am On Oct 03, 2012
PrettyRita:
This is serious, so only the rich get employed?
Yes, only the rich can afford to get employed, what a shame on a nation that's battling insecurity while frustrating the already restive youth to think out way out
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Edzy: 11:07am On Oct 03, 2012
this thing did not just came up today,most of those selling this jobs 2day are people working who stole money from state govt that bought fed govt jobs in d early 90's,dy came tru dis process nd d system has 2 continue as dey are still recovering . This thing was inherited....
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by franksunny(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2012
i'm surprice that people are surprice on this matter
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Meddler(f): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2012
idlaw2k3: Two weeks ago my friend was told to pay N250k to get employed with the civil defence he could only raise N150k he said he pleaded with the officer that once employed he would forego his salary until he completes the balance, but the officer told him he is not serious.
Dis one no be news sef. Why are they all acting like its a new thing. This has been the norm for a long time.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by munas: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2012
teskyg: My Cousin paid 250k to get a job recently.Some people were even paying 1000000 Niara for Customs job.They are posted to the Boarders,Airport and Port after their trainings.

You can imajine if they will serve their fatherland if they have to pay to get jobs.

There should be a thorough investaigation into all recruitments that were given out without advertisement and let all those invloved be brought to books to serve as deternats to others.

Can you pls link me with your cousin? Will like the person that did it for her to help me out too.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by IjeomaObasi: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2012
It's good this things are been exposed.all I just pray is for the ppl behind this to be fished out and face the music they have been drumming.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by buJu234: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2012
yet we will go to church on sunday and say its the devil

that Nigeria needs prayers... nonesense...

2 Likes

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by redsun(m): 11:59am On Oct 03, 2012
That is why nigeria is not working,because nothing is done by excellence.The north before thoght it was the perquisite right to be federal executives,irrespective of wheter they are qualified or not and even now that gej is supposedlly incharge,all those parastals are still run by henchmen mostly from the north.

Nigeria is in deep deep shiite.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by dasparrow: 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Post

Nigeria cannot move forward then if what I am reading on this thread is true. This is why those who were born into poor families hardly have the chance of making it out of poverty except they leave the shores of Nigeria. Crime rate will continue to climb because the children of the poor grow up and don't have an equal opportunity with the rich to succeed in life and hence find anyway possible to make money even if it means engaging in armed robbery, kidnapping and the likes.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
grin grin[color=#990000][/color] abeg who get link for d job me I go pay d money oh grin grin grin
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
The most worrisome is that the trend has find is way into some company in private companies. For the government agencies that is a norm, it is not a news for the applicants and the most worrisome is that it is difficult to tract this syndicates as they received only cash no lodgement in their account
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by akin33(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
How much must one pay to get boko haram job? Foolish and depirate people con only pay to get job. Graduates, stop pursuing white collar job.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by kim77: 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
Edzy..i love your post...so Its still part of recovering process. So when the new recruits resume they will definitely recover their money from generation coming... unborn children . children...what a shame!

I love GEJ government...everything that were "thought" in the close door were now in the OPEN...

Someone talk about fishing the culprit out so that they can face the drum : All the fishes that were out what has the GEJ government done to them ? But wait a minute, who are the culprit? GEJ political associate who funded his campaigne, who raise money to turn the table overnight, they are untouchable....WHO WILL SAVE NIGERIA..? or GOD should divide this country in peace...
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by JFACTOR1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
Why are ladies who got jobs by opening their a*s for boss(es) to f**k keeping quite here? I blame pastors too who will receive thanksgiving offerings from their members for securing a job without asking them how the managed to get it.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
Its so true. A family friend was asked to bring 300k during the NAFDAC recruitment for her son to be employed. She couldn't raise it.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by lorddannie: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
Jenams: very true! my friend payed 600k for customs job n he works there now. shame
chai! my friends and relatives don apply tire. i am sure nothing would be done to stop this. someone should assist with link. if you cannot beat them join them!!
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by zibe(m): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
Funny. And when they get the job, they'll shout "na God o".
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by uyogabie(f): 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
I doubt if anyone ever gets a job in Government agencies based on Merit.It's not just about their salary in this agencies.You have job security,you have the opportunity to grow and the jobs are pensionable.When hubby's company was going down,he descided to apply for a job in my stae civil service,He's very qualified and also passed the test.unfortunately ,he never got the job because he didnt knw anybody.the jobs were given to least qualified.same has been applicable to other Government agencies we've both applied for.After several years of trying,do we mind trying other available options?God help all the unemployed and qualified graduates in this country.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Uthmanu: 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
I wrote an article on workers performance in the Nigerian Civil Service. Read http://nut.bz/94vagqrc/ and add your comments. My experience with them was quite hurrible. They are even worse than the President himself. I am shocked that most of us are realising this disgusting practice now, when, in reality, it is as old as the birth of curruption in this country itself.

Even the socalled entrepreneur people are talking about. You will hate yourself when u visit SMEDAN, NEXIM, NDE etc without an influential person from the inside.

The President needs to be ontop of his game if he is sincere in tackling corruption. He needs to listen to little details like this. And as a matter of fact, let him rely on Nairaland for first hand information rather than allowing himself to surrounded by junks who parade themselves as aides, Ministers, SAs etc. Mtscheeeeeew
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by feelamong(m): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
dannywest:

For how much salary? Nigeria's rotten shaa

See you! You think its about the salary? Just ask an average customs guy at the warf what he makes every day, or as the Immigration guy at the Airport/Passport Office how much he makes everyday thru corrupt practises?

Naija we hail thee!!
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by dannywest: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
feelamong:

See you! You think its about the salary? Just ask an average customs guy at the warf what he makes every day, or as the Immigration guy at the Airport/Passport Office how much he makes everyday thru corrupt practises?

Naija we hail thee!!

Naaa wa.. This country has a loooooooong way to go, the corruption isn't only aaamong our leaders
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
cj1080: Federal Ministry of foreign affairs: 450,ooo

Federal hospital: 450,000 to 470,000

Federal library: 200,000

Federal urban and regional: 150,000

these are figures from people.
That's good. I hope pricing is allowed and wat of NNPC grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by crackhouse(m): 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
adidimeme: Shameless nigeria, hope to relocate back to ontario soon
pls do
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2012
teskyg: My Cousin paid 250k to get a job recently. Some people were even paying 1,000,000 Niara for Customs job. They are posted to the Boarders,Airport and Port after their trainings.

You can imajine if they will serve their fatherland if they have to pay to get jobs.

There should be a thorough investaigation into all recruitments that were given out without advertisement and let all those invloved be brought to books to serve as deternats to others.
God forbids bad thing!
Paying N1,000,000 to get a job? I dey craze ni? One million naira will turn my fortune for good. Corruption infested country is where we find ourselves right now. God help us.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
Olu abayomi :
Are stil doing replacement in d civil defence coz i'm planning to raise some cash so as to get d job since that is d norms now. Pls anyone who can link me up or wt vital info should reach me on my mobile 08036246041. Pls i am very serious.

munas:

Can you pls link me with your cousin? Will like the person that did it for her to help me out too.
I see both of trying to play with our intelligence here. It is either you people are 100% involved in this mess or you are fronts for them.
If you are trying to spy on us to report to your superiors, you have failed.
If you are for us, come out plainly in condemning this criminal behaviour of the culprits (givers/takers) money takers for getting a job. Stop all these rubbish now.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
J-FACTOR:
Why are ladies who got jobs by opening their a*s for boss(es) to f**k keeping quite here? I blame pastors too who will receive thanksgiving offerings from their members for securing a job without asking them how the managed to get it.
My brother, you are very correct. It is either cash or kind, just the same way our lecturers are passing our ladies and giving them high grades for sitting for no exams, just because they serviced their beds.
Hard work, professionalism, patriotism, qualified appointments, results oriented personnel, where are you.
Oh! Nigeria my country. Nigeria, the land of my birth. I know it will be better some day by the grace of God.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by CHIMSKY(m): 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
Idokojimmy: THE presidency has been alerted to a growing practice of money for employment in federal para-military agencies as some youth leaders have dispatched detailed petition to President Goodluck Jonathan over the development.
The revelation was made at the national roundtable on Nigeria’s Independence celebration, attended by over 40 youth leaders in Abuja and hosted by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Matters, Mr Jude Imagwe, who vowed to report the matter to the president.

Various youth leaders at the event were making contributions on the way forward for the nation until the coordinator for Youth Coalition Against Corruption, Mr Greg Asali, alerted the gathering to a practice  in many federal agencies, declaring that “unemployed graduates are being levied huge sums of money for job in  many agencies.”
Asali told the gathering that various sums of money are collected from job seekers, especially in the para-military agencies as well as some other federal parastatals, pointing out that he has exact figures of money collected for job in each of the agencies.

The youth leader listed the para-military agencies and the amount they demand as follows: Immigration Service -N500,000; Customs Service - N500,000; Police Service -N400,000; Prisons Service -N300,000 and the Civil Defence Corps, N300, 000.
But this is an old practice.Are you just finding out?There"s lots of fraud in it too.I paid but I still havent got the job 4 years down the line.
The angry youth leader told the gathering that many well-to-do job seekers even pay more than the amount to get the job and that many unemployed from poor families are denied of opportunities even when they are qualified.

Worried by the youth leader’s claim, the presidential aide asked for clarification on the volatile statement and other youth leaders in the hall came out to give details of their own experiences on the subject matter.
Asali noted further that the practice was pushing many unemployed graduates to the edge, urging the presidential aide to take the matter directly to the president.

The youth leader noted that in some agencies, job seekers who cannot raise money are made to sign bond to forfeit three-month salaries if and when the job is offered to them.

He stated that strong syndicates operate across the said agencies that smoothly run the operations with those who pay getting the job and those who fail to pay losing out in the employment processes.

“Please help us tell Mr President to stop these cabals and throw open the employment process. Little spaces available should not be sold to the children of the rich,” Asali pleaded.

Commenting on Mr Asali‘s submission, Imagwe expressed shock and disbelief at the disclosure and affirmed that the presidency is not aware of such activities in such agencies.

“President Jonathan is a due process leader and he will not condone any agency indulging in such practices. I will compile a full report and I believe the matter will be duly investigated and acted upon,” Imagwe said.
It will be recalled that for some time now, allegations of money for job had been rife in Abuja. It was learnt that the syndicates operate easily because vacancies in many federal agencies are no longer declared publicly as slots are allegedly shared among key public elected and appointed public officials.

The National Assembly had recently questioned employment of 6,000 new employees by the Civil Defence Corps without advertisement but the matter was not pursued further.
Calls to affected agencies for clarifications were not returned and in one agency, an official declined comment due to the sensitivity of the matter.

HIGHLIGHTS

Immigration Service   N500,000

Customs ServiceN500,000

Prisons Service        N300,000

Civil Defence        N300, 000

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/48540-money-for-jobs-in-federal-agencies-youths-petition-presidency-presidents-aide-expresses-shock
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by taharqa: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
This thread has bn d most Shocking thread i hv ever seen on NL...am 'talkless', let me go and clear my head
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by CHIMSKY(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
[quote author=CHIMSKY][/quote]
Why are we forming as if its a new thing.This thing has been on for ages.There"s a lot of fraud in it too so you have to be careful.Know guys who paid 500k years ago to get senior jobs in FCDA but were given fake appointment letters.They were later chased out by the El Rufai Administration.The poor guys ran back to their old company with their tails between their legs to beg for their old jobs back.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Poverty Rate Calls For Worry / Jide Sanwoolu A Muslim? / INEC Disqualifies 14 Political Parties For Kogi, Bayelsa Gov Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.