Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. (633 Views)

What Are Some Differences Between Judaism Christianity And Islam? / Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? / New Testamentic Roots Of Anti-judaism (derail: Why Did Hitler Hate Jews So Much) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. by Kay17: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
The anti islamic expressions as the innocence of the muslims and the French cartoons gave us the opportunity to discuss our minds and paradigms.

Many muslims over the social media kept on advocating on the peaceful nature of islam and of how violence is a taboo and often quoted the Koranic verse: stating no compulsion in Islam.

I came across the Ten Commandments during that time and I was struck by the "thou shall not kill" commandment. It sounds very much like a pacifists' anthem, it suggested an absolute rule. However a peep into the Jewish history and the remainder of the Bible, opens up the context and subject of special application. It didn't cover outsiders and foreign states, it was exempt from God's commands.

Just the same way with the Muslims. The Prophet wasn't just a spiritual leader, but also a political and military leader. He found the religion on violence, protected and promoted the image and doctrines of Islam with violence. He fought wars of dominace against various Arab tribes.

His successors followed his footsteps, made politics and religion inseparable. The riots followed the trend set by the Prophet, a natural indignation common among muslims at an attack at the Image of Islam which is believed to have as much weight as violent attack. Therefore violence in form of State coercion/sanction, towards blasphemers (hanging and firing squads) or public outcrys/riots.

The Rushdie incident for example, fatwas around the world spelling death for the writer, tens of ppl were killed in Muslim protests. Same with the Danish cartoons, the entire Muslim world erupted in violence, protesting and rioting. And with the same consistency, the anti Islam video received the same agitation.

In my view to say Islam is peaceful, is as deceitful as Judaism is peace.

1 Like

Re: Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. by vedaxcool(m): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^

Quite telling of the futility in trying to reason with nl grade of atheists! Atleast in the hieght of their rational intellect, because a few people engange in gay practice the whole world essentially becomes gays because they reasoned so! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. by wiegraf: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Kay 17: The anti islamic expressions as the innocence of the muslims and the French cartoons gave us the opportunity to discuss our minds and paradigms.

Many muslims over the social media kept on advocating on the peaceful nature of islam and of how violence is a taboo and often quoted the Koranic verse: stating no compulsion in Islam.

I came across the Ten Commandments during that time and I was struck by the "thou shall not kill" commandment. It sounds very much like a pacifists' anthem, it suggested an absolute rule. However a peep into the Jewish history and the remainder of the Bible, opens up the context and subject of special application. It didn't cover outsiders and foreign states, it was exempt from God's commands.

Just the same way with the Muslims. The Prophet wasn't just a spiritual leader, but also a political and military leader. He found the religion on violence, protected and promoted the image and doctrines of Islam with violence. He fought wars of dominace against various Arab tribes.

His successors followed his footsteps, made politics and religion inseparable. The riots followed the trend set by the Prophet, a natural indignation common among muslims at an attack at the Image of Islam which is believed to have as much weight as violent attack. Therefore violence in form of State coercion/sanction, towards blasphemers (hanging and firing squads) or public outcrys/riots.

The Rushdie incident for example, fatwas around the world spelling death for the writer, tens of ppl were killed in Muslim protests. Same with the Danish cartoons, the entire Muslim world erupted in violence, protesting and rioting. And with the same consistency, the anti Islam video received the same agitation.

In my view to say Islam is peaceful, is as deceitful as Judaism is peace.

Just change a few things here and there to focus a bit, driving the point on a bit more, then this should be a sticky....
Re: Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. by Ptolomeus(m): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
In my opinion, it is much more peaceful Islam to Judaism and Christianity.
But anyway, they are all foreign religions, who have always encouraged violence.
I have the absolute certainty that this thread will not have long-term ...
Soon will start the PM, and requests that the thread is moved to the section of Islam ...
The epilogue ... we already know.
My respects.
Re: Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. by Kay17: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
vedaxcool: ^^^

Quite telling of the futility in trying to reason with nl grade of atheists! Atleast in the hieght of their rational intellect, because a few people engange in gay practice the whole world essentially becomes gays because they reasoned so! shocked shocked shocked

But you believed the movie maker ought to be punished, didn't you? You and the rioters both agree any expression against Islam is as deadly as a physical one, but split on the mode of punishment.
Re: Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. by vedaxcool(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
Kay 17:

But you believed the movie maker ought to be punished, didn't you? You and the rioters both agree any expression against Islam is as deadly as a physical one, but split on the mode of punishment.

One disappointing logic after the another. First ur entire premise is on the action of rioters who you claim represent the entire muslim population, which I refuted. Now you are equating punishment through both legal and criminal means to represent being not peaceful? Man u can reason better than that America lock up a muslim for criticizing its polices towards other muslim calling his statement incitement, now using your new logic America must be anti - peace for such actions. This hollow thoughts are not going to get you anywhere.

Either you started this thread out of Pink Unicorn frustration or you simply have no idea of what you are talking of. Remember very few muslim leaders actually called for his punishment rather their demand was that the offensive video be removed. Please get a hold of reality before you make another off the mark comment.
Re: Islam Is Peace/ Judaism Is Peace. by Kay17: 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
But most muslims are against such expressions. Many muslim countries following public opinion banned the video

(1) (Reply)

God Is Not In The Cosmos Because God Does Not Have Spatial Dimensions / Fanatical Muslims Destroy 11 Christian Lives In Kaduna Barracks / Why Don't Nigerian(African) Christians Name Their Children Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.