Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,629 members, 7,955,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? (3734 Views)

Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / What Are Some Differences Between Judaism Christianity And Islam? / Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2012
The diverse traditional African religions, accepted (and accept) slaughter as a form of communication with their deities.
Multiples passages, describe how the Jewish religion (origin of Christianity) also performed and made ​​such sacrifices to their god.
There is some similarity between the two concepts?
What is your opinion about this?
Re: Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? by PastorAIO: 10:08pm On May 10, 2012
Better still, since we see that sacrifice of living things is a core part of almost every religious tradition in the world, what is the concept behind it? What do people aim to do by sacrificing living victims. What are the differences between the understanding of what is going on from one tradition to another.

Why are there various sacrifices in Judaism? One for the ablution of sins, another for thanksgiving etc etc . . . Do they all operate under the same principle?

What about the scapegoat? What is the idea behind that?
Re: Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:16pm On May 10, 2012
Dearest Pastor.
Thanks for participating. Your opinion is important and appreciated.
As you correctly said, there are several reasons for the slaughter of the Jews. In traditional religions, there are various reasons and grounds, it could also be coincidence.
By clearing the sins (or cleaning in the case of RT) in the offering (of pleasure) and so on.
Christianity believes these offerings of the Jews, as preparation for the sacrifice of Jesus. But my intention is not to mix just the New Testament Christianity, but to focus on the study of these two religions mentioned.
Thanks for your great support!
Re: Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? by isalegan2: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
Brother Ptolomeus,

I came across this eye-opening video about traditional Yoruba religion a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_IBMQhx5A

I was recently re-watching it and showing to some friends on how it reminds me of Muslim prayer. I hope you find it educative about Yoruba religion. I plan to view more of the poster's videos on YouTube.

Also, I saw that this Cultural thread of yours is now in the Tribalistic (sub-Politics) section, after a notorious hateful tribalist posted on it. If you didn't originally create it in that section, I suggest you protest to the moderators, OAM4j (Politics) and Odumchi (Culture) to move it back to Culture section.
https://www.nairaland.com/934908/yoruba-people-considered-arrogant
Re: Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? by plaetton: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
Pastor AIO: Better still, since we see that sacrifice of living things is a core part of almost every religious tradition in the world, what is the concept behind it? What do people aim to do by sacrificing living victims. What are the differences between the understanding of what is going on from one tradition to another.

Why are there various sacrifices in Judaism? One for the ablution of sins, another for thanksgiving etc etc . . . Do they all operate under the same principle?

What about the scapegoat? What is the idea behind that?

Scapegoat is actually an improvised word cleverly coined by the biblical translators of the kjv. It was used to substitute Azazael, perhaps the other hidden god of the ancient hebrews. In the Jubilee bible, yahweh instructed the priests to bring two goats for sacrifice, one for the(thier) lord, and one for Azazael. Azazeal was also, according to the book of Enoch, the chief of the rebelious angels(gods) that were banished to the earth.

As for ritual sacrifices, from everything I gathered so far, this is what I think:
All religions and cults, both traditional and non-traditional, share the same basic concepts of blood sacrifice because (a) from remote antiquity, they are all from the same source.
(b) They are all dealing with the same genre of extra-terrestial or sub-terrestial entities. By sub-terrestial I mean lower inter-dimensional entities.
If you look closely at ancient history, you can discern a pattern of differences and even conflicts between civilizations spawned by extra-terrestials entities and those spawned sub-terrestial or interdimensional entities.

From my own perspectives, I see that higher civilisations like Summer,Akkad and early dynasties of egypt were spawned by atechnologically advanced Ets. The legacies of these civilisations are what the rest of humanity has stepped upon to grow. It is worthy of note that the Summerians and early Egytpians served their Els(the lofty ones), they did not worship [/b]them. worsdship of gods came much later , I asume after the gods had departed the earth.

On the other hand,humans who had contacts with inter-dimensional beings had started making blood sacrifices to these entities as means of (a)forming covenants with these entities as required by them , and (b) as a means to [b]shock nature and terrorize nature in order to bend or manipulate reality.

This last part is a bit complicated to explain in detail. But essentially, blood sacrifice is all about shocking and terrorizing mother nature, our collective consciousness. Anything that affects consciousness, also affects reality.

In dealing with these sub-terrestial entities, the first sacrifice is a convenant that binds you to them, the rest are simply interest on debt payments or ransom payments. The higher the species on the food chain,the better, human sacrifice being the highest for of payment. That is why the sacrifices never cease. It is an infinite debt.

In the case of yahweh, whom i think is one of these sub-terrestial entities of dieties,the only way to completely eliminate man's infinite debt and balance the books, according to Saint Anselm, was for him to incarnate as a man,jesus christ, so that he can be sacrificed to himself.lol

So there is a clearly difference, in ancient cultures between corn and bread gods,gods that provided knowledge and tools for human progress, and debt and death gods, gods that demanded endless debt sacrifices and punished with death.

my 2 cents
Re: Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
isale_gan2: Brother Ptolomeus,

I came across this eye-opening video about traditional Yoruba religion a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_IBMQhx5A

I was recently re-watching it and showing to some friends on how it reminds me of Muslim prayer. I hope you find it educative about Yoruba religion. I plan to view more of the poster's videos on YouTube.

Also, I saw that this Cultural thread of yours is now in the Tribalistic (sub-Politics) section, after a notorious hateful tribalist posted on it. If you didn't originally create it in that section, I suggest you protest to the moderators, OAM4j (Politics) and Odumchi (Culture) to move it back to Culture section.
https://www.nairaland.com/934908/yoruba-people-considered-arrogant

Dear brother.
Thanks for the input. I would like to make some clarifications.
1. The spirit of the thread is to compare the sacrifices of Jewish worship with African traditional religion.
2. The video shows a syncretic mixture repugnant to Islam and Christianity. But I would not call that "traditional religion". I imagine there are many crazy people in Nigeria (there are also in Uruguay). I do not identify this as "traditional religion".
3. In the cultural section, I opened the thread on the Yoruba, without the slightest intention of attacking anyone. I am a foreigner, respect for all ethnic groups, and I echo no hatred. I regret that a fanatic has been used my thread to attack . I am unable to disrespect anyone.
Well ... let's hope that contributions to the topic of this thread.
Anyway, thank you very much for your kindness!
Re: Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
plaetton:

So there is a clearly difference, in ancient cultures between corn and bread gods,gods that provided knowledge and tools for human progress, and debt and death gods, gods that demanded endless debt sacrifices and punished with death.

my 2 cents

Dear friend:
Your contribution is excellent.
I also think that there are strong points of contact.
But his brilliant exposition, I left a doubt.
What would be the gods of corn and bread, and what the gods of death?
For in both cults are talking about sacrifices, right?
Thank you very much for his remarkable intervention (which is worth more than 2 cents. Lol).
My fraternal greeting!

(1) (Reply)

All Nairalanders Will Recieve The Mark Of The Beast (666) / Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? / Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.