Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For (120321 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. / Opinion: Top 10 Government Agencies To Work For / Remuneration Package In Government Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by TVMIND: 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
Its quite very difficult to decide the top five. Apart from salaries and other perks of office, there are so many runs and package these agencies package for themselves. Of course, some are formal and some are runs- as we term it in Naija. But i guess the list below stand a good chance of fighting for top five positions

NCC
SEC
BOI Bank of Industry
PPPRA
DPR
NOSDRA
NIGCOMSAT
PETROLEUM EQ FUND
Now, before some one crucify me, i know they asked for five, i only just added more to the list
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by preshuspee: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
Jamisco:
what is the yardstick for their rating? is it base on how much goes into your pocket or how u can join them to impact positively on the economy?

EHEN EXACTLY!OYA ANSWER OOOO
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by Abujafood: 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
Best 5 should come from this list (in terms of working conditions and perks that come with the Job!)

NLNG
PTDF
NCC
NDIC
NNPC
DPR
EFCC
CBN
BOI
Customs
AGIS

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by msb247(m): 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
So nobody mentioned NERC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! National Electricity Regulatory Commission babyyyyyyyy............. cool thats 1.
the remaining four should be SEC, NCC, PPPRA and AMCON. so many others sef cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by unikazzy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
National Lottery Regulatory Commission
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by udoitam(m): 12:35am On Oct 06, 2012
1. NDDC
2. Presidency
3. NNPC
4. SSS
5. NYSC
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by haykay2005: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2012
My top 5:
Nlng
Dpr
Nnpc
Ncc
Customs

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by elizabethamaka: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2012
NNPC
FIRS
PDP
INEC
OFFOCE OF THE ACCOUNTANT
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by Johnnyemy: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
INEC is the highest with one Ghana-must-go from politicians you go build better house. Hahaha!!! cheesycheesy:x

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by bobbydbobo: 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
Pls wah about ministry of Foreign affairs.. Does it also make all d sense?? Any 1 who knws abt it shld pls shed gd lite on it... +++ Aviation authority too is a very sweet place to work
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by Malubi(m): 5:54am On Jan 29, 2013
CBN, NNPC, CUSTOM, FIRS, EFCC.
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by Gorimakpa(m): 7:37am On Jan 29, 2013
I love this thread. If only wishes were horses. May God not forget his children oh. Federal govt jobs are the best one can ask for.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by bobbydbobo: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2013
bobbydbobo: Pls wah about ministry of Foreign affairs.. Does it also make all d sense?? Any 1 who knws abt it shld pls shed gd lite on it... +++ Aviation authority too is a very sweet place to work
wld sum1 pls talk to me
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by vicope: 4:59am On Jan 30, 2013
andre99: From what I do know very well, the top 5 gotta be;

PTDF (Petroleum Technology Development Fund) - I still don't know what they do here but the pay is mad, if u work there and u decide to further ur education you take a leave, they will pay for your masters programme.

NOSDRA (National Oil spill Detection and response Agency) - This is another good place, most people that work here I doubt it if they have ever been on a field before, na to just come office talk talk talk

AGIS (Abuja Geographical Information System) - Na them they in charge of all Lands wey dey FCT, if u be coper sef and u dey work here, u fit buy car after 6months, no way u go dey here wey u no go get land to urself, the runs and pay here is crazy.

The MINT (Nigeria Security Printing and Minting) - For here, when u start working here, u go fresh pass MINT money, the workers here no too much and I don't know why GOVT have left it like that, only few people work here.

NCC (Nigeria Communication Commission)
- they are the ones wey MTN,Glo and so on they always bribe wey everything still cost, na so so seminar, if na international seminar, there is what they call estacode, u are paid in dollars for the trip, and their salary sef crazy.

Let me stop here they still plenty for abuja, but anything wey fit make you dey work for these places above, you are a made man for life, Job security is 100% and tell me what they do 'NOTHING' God dey o.
I swear. U have said it all! I know all these places you have mentioned and you have spoken only the truth.
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by vicope: 5:18am On Jan 30, 2013
In my opinion and based on my experience, I would say it is very difficult to choose a particular group of agencies.
Some agencies like CBN, NNPC, FIRS, NIGCOMSAT, NCC pays entry graduates well above 240k, there are also other allowances and bonuses from seminars, trainings and so on.
However, some agencies do pay average btw 120k-180k like Customs, Immigrations, NSCDC, SEC, NARSDA, but you can be opportuned to make twenty times ur salary monthly if posted to a 'juicy place' e.g ports and borders for customs, airports, passport offices, borders for immigrations, oil installations for civil defence etc.
Another set of agencies like NACA, NOSDRA, NABDA, NASENI, SON, etc pay btw 70-120k monthly. They make extra money from field assesments, trainings and seminars. These sets of agencies gives u all the time in the world. Sometimes some staffs do not show up @ work for 2 consecutive days and there will no problem coz there's virtually no work to do.
However, as long as its govt work, you could get lucky anywhere, I know a friend who works in a federal ministry, his monthly take home is less than 58k but he makes over 800k monthly, thanks to the fact that he is in accounts department and they know how to perfect their runz, some people dey NNPC wey no dey see pass their monthly salary and allowances. So it all depends on ur dept, and opportunities open to u. Gbam!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by andre99(m): 8:37am On Jan 30, 2013
@vicope u really know the koko for all this agencies as well, pls which federal ministry does your friend works that makes such a huge amount monthly, I will just like to know so we try hard to push our way there, no one wants to suffer. Your friend is a happy fellow for life.
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by vicope: 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
andre99: @vicope u really know the koko for all this agencies as well, pls which federal ministry does your friend works that makes such a huge amount monthly, I will just like to know so we try hard to push our way there, no one wants to suffer. Your friend is a happy fellow for life.
Na pensions o! grin
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by Gorimakpa(m): 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
^^ bros abeg delete all that info for your post, make you no put ur friend for trouble. You don't know which bad bele snitch might be viewing this thread and investigate to find out about it. Its not safe!
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by andre99(m): 4:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
@vicope, I feel you, person must survive o. Seems anything Pension dey make sense, heard PenCom na another crazy place to work.
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by vicope: 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gorimakpa: ^^ bros abeg delete all that info for your post, make you no put ur friend for trouble. You don't know which bad bele snitch might be viewing this thread and investigate to find out about it. Its not safe!
Gorimakpa, advice heeded to. Thankz

andre99: @vicope, I feel you, person must survive o. Seems anything Pension dey make sense, heard PenCom na another crazy place to work.
Oh boy, that PenCom na like cult o. If ur leg no long, e hard to enter that place, but if u manage to, u are made for life!
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by bobbydbobo: 2:53am On Jan 31, 2013
Nd ma guys have kept ma question unanswered... Looools. Is Ministry of foreign affairs Pay so hidden that all efforts to knw wasup with the place have been to no avail. I'm here cos of that Ooo! Adequate info required Ooo
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by andre99(m): 10:25am On Jan 31, 2013
@vicope, why u talk sey PenCom na like cult, abeg tell me more about them.
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by jahjehova(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2013
I hate to see NIGCOMSAT. I have a friend there who dey look for how to run comot with all im muscle. The pay for freshers have been slashed by lyk 50%. Na only higher ranks get money. As regards NCC, I pose a question, have they EVER advertised?
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by kayboy1960: 5:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
What of fire service, wat is their pay lyk?
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by Kunle28: 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
msb247: So nobody mentioned NERC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! National Electricity Regulatory Commission babyyyyyyyy............. cool thats 1.
the remaining four should be SEC, NCC, PPPRA and AMCON. so many others sef cheesy
Abeg you get idea of the salary and allowances package for NERC? Or y did u rate them no.1?
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by Gentletwits: 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
obicentlis:
Please remove NTA, FRCN and VON from there ooo. They are one of d least paid.
.Pls I am interested in Entry-Level Salary of NTA.Thanks!
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by MaforBea(f): 10:23am On Jun 14, 2013
Pls does anyone know how much CAC pays for entry??
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by Malubi(m): 6:57am On Jun 16, 2013
MaforBea: Pls does anyone know how much CAC pays for entry??
Maforbea, happy to meet U as a Nairalander and a friend. Just got info that CAC, PCC are recieving CV's. Can you please help me to submit my own @ Their Head office in Abj. If U can, pls search 4 me of Fbook [ Malubi Martin ] and send mesage to me or drop Ur contact 4 me 2 call U. But U know is not good to just drop contacts here just like that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by tunnyflow(m): 8:22am On Jun 16, 2013
MaforBea: Pls does anyone know how much CAC pays for entry??

Well above 100k dats confirm but the actual amount not sure... Pls can we talk privately here's my contact tunnyflow@yahoo.com or bbm 281bddd6... Need to ask u some ?s
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by ada58: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2013
i thought one will mention NDDC.I think dey pay very well wit enough allowances.
Re: Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For by livapul86(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2013
O boy, this thread wey i read for here dey make my eye dey chook. Seriously, @ Andre u got me thinking big time, i had no idea that AGIS is a sure place. I happen to know a legislator whose committee oversees that agency. I seriously need to change job o! Make i call the man sef make im know say i want work for there. I no need stories, my blood don hot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC (ADHOC Staff) Invite For Training. / Recruitment Into The Nigeria Police Force / Latest Nigerian Current Affairs Material For Your Next Job Test/interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.