Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,416 members, 7,846,752 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Messi: I Prefer Winning Titles With Barcelona Over Individual Trophies - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi: I Prefer Winning Titles With Barcelona Over Individual Trophies (459 Views)

Top 10 Richest Clubs Ranked By Trophies Won / Clubs Who Won Most Official Trophies Won In History....... / Messi:i Prefer Winning Titles With Barcelona Over Individual Trophies- Sincere? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Messi: I Prefer Winning Titles With Barcelona Over Individual Trophies by Timijo(m): 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lionel Messi has insisted that he cares about winning trophies with Barcelona more than about individual glory.
The Argentine attacker is widely seen as one of the best players in the history of the game, but the 25-year-old is more concerned about how he will be remembered as a person than as a footballer.
"I prefer winning titles with Barcelona over setting new records or winning individual trophies," Messi told El Pais .
"I am more concerned with being a good person than with being the best player in the world. When I retire, I want to be remembered as agood guy. Scoring goals is nice, but I also want to have made friends among the people I've played with.
"Individual awards are nice and I'm thankful for winning them. But I wouldn't have won anything without the help of my colleagues. I am fortunate to be playing for this club with all these great players. I'm just trying to helpthe team."
Messi also briefly had his say on Jose Mourinho, and stated that it's hard for him to judgethe Real Madrid coach as he does not really know him.
"I can't say much about Mourinho. I don't really know him and have never spoken with him. I can only talk about what he has achieved, and that's winning a lot of titles. I know that his players speak well of him, but I don't know him.
"I always say what I think, but I do not feel the need to get myself into trouble. I'm not interested in creating conflicts or problems.
"I see no point in speaking badly of someone who I don'treally know. I prefer to be respectful toward other people."

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Sack Matteo / Ronaldo Backing Manchester United To Beat City To Premier League Title / Round Up Of All The Transfer News, Rumours, And Gossip Of Wednesday Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.