Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) (10329 Views)

Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) / The Miracle Tree In FUTO, Federal University Of Technology Owerri (PHOTO) / The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by infoscope(m): 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
For those of us who study in Federal University of Technology Owerri one thing we cannot boast of is infrastructure and good road networks. This is however surprising knowing fully well that FUTO is the premier university of Technology in Owerri and has produced men of timbre an caliber who have affected positively in the growth of our country Nigeria and beyond. To cut the long story short the level of infrastructure in FUTO is very poor. The roads are nothing to write home about.
In contrast, other universities of technology like FUTA and FUTMINNA boast of infrastructures that can stand the taste of time. What i cannot discern is if the problem is from the government or rather from poor administration in FUTO.
Nevertheless, FUTO remains arguably one of the best Institution when it comes to technology and engineering. Yes check our records.
Check out pictures below;
http://naijaedutech.com/2012/10/low-level-of-infrastructure-in-futo-pictures.html

Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by infoscope(m): 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
More Photos

Crowded in a small laboratory.

Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by infoscope(m): 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
More;
Students learning in the dark

Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by infoscope(m): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
Almighty lecture halls

Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Pennywise(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
This is nice of the OP. Everyone should be encouraged to show pics like this in all institutions of learning whether govt or private to expose the fraud and rot in that sector. Nigerians will like to know what the billions of naira collected by the managers of these institutions is translating to. And how seriously we should take these private Universities that are all over the place.
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
Glory Land my Alma Mater
So nothing have changed
Those pics brought back memories
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by infoscope(m): 10:58am On Apr 25, 2013
I posted these over six months ago, but a lot has changed since then, massive infrastructural reform is currently taking place. Professor C.C. Asiabaka is really living up to his mantra which is 'The quest for excellence'. i will soon put up pictures.

MUNDUS
GREAT FUTOITE
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
front page asap
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 12:18am On May 01, 2013
Some of you students are just unreasonable.Futo has one of the best infrastructures in Nigeria and good road networks, in the last one year futo have built and commissioned over ten gigantic structures. That road in that pix is not inside Futo.
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by zugoboss(m): 8:04am On May 01, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Some of you students are just unreasonable.Futo has one of the best infrastructures in Nigeria and good road networks, in the last one year futo have built and commissioned over ten gigantic structures. That road in that pix is not inside Futo.
My thoughts exactly. Also that road is not inside the school, its a road along the community,state or FG owned I think.
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nellyunique: 8:28am On May 01, 2013
Pls pls someone should post new photos of FUTO.I am an aspirant
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by almasterpiece(m): 12:09am On May 02, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Some of you students are just unreasonable.Futo has one of the best infrastructures in Nigeria and good road networks, in the last one year futo have built and commissioned over ten gigantic structures. That road in that pix is not inside Futo.
that is ihiagwa road
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by feezy(m): 12:32am On Oct 05, 2013
Okenwa forming good boy anyways I got to add I remember in my year 1 second semester when we had workshop practice the school had only 1 venier calliper what a shame
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:07am On Oct 05, 2013
Nellyunique: Pls pls someone should post new photos of FUTO.I am an aspirant

write gre try go America.I graduated from FUTO if I knew what i know now back then i for no near that school
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Capableben(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

write gre try go America.I graduated from FUTO if I knew what i know now back then i for no near that school

pls tell me more about futo... I wanna apply...
I don't wanna regret
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Capableben:

pls tell me more about futo... I wanna apply...
I don't wanna regret
Don't mind that dude, he is probably one of those that played away their time while in school and now regretting. Its a well known fact that FUTO graduates are doing very well in the corporate world. FUTO graduates dominate Nigeria's oil and gas sector and doing great abroad too.
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Capableben(m): 6:24am On Oct 29, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
Don't mind that dude, he is probably one of those that played away their time while in school and now regretting. Its a well known fact that FUTO graduates are doing very well in the corporate world. FUTO graduates dominate Nigeria's oil and gas sector and doing great abroad too.
Are you 1?
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 29, 2014
Capableben:

Are you 1?
I'm a FUTO Alumnus.
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Capableben(m): 2:51am On Oct 30, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
I'm a FUTO Alumnus.
so the school make sense right?
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by lacasera14(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2014
Futo: Ugliest and dirtiest Federal University in the south-south and east since 1975
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by picasso4u(m): 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
mmmh...time to defend my school...
In d last 2 yrs, Futo has completed and started many gigantic projects all in a bid to place it as a foremost university of technology in line with the vice chancellors quest for excellence.
The recently completed school of engr complex can stand any in Nigeria with its ultramodern classes and staff offices. All other schools in Futo have complexes at various stages of completion. just recently, contract was awarded for the building of four students hostels and d site has already been cleared. the new 1000cap auditorium is....(check it out for yourself)
In terms of infrastructure, Asiabaka would leave Futo far better than he met it.
lest I forget, most of d buildings are currently undergoing renovations such as SOSC building, SMAT building, 500cap lecture hall, hostel A and many others.
In terms of academics, Futo is still d school to beat having having one of the best and updated syllables in Nigeria...U can ask NUC or COREN...
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by SammyT95(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
I keep on hammering this FUTA is the best university of technology in Nigeria.

Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
FUTO new Engineering complex

1 Like

Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Neldrizzy(m): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
Nigeria Education sector is messed up.. Anyway, am schooling in South Africa and our infrastructure here is very Nice and chilling
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
Neldrizzy:
Nigeria Education sector is messed up.. Anyway, am schooling in South Africa and our infrastructure here is very Nice and chilling
yeah

Even here in Paris. We're so cool with the educational sector. The government here is really trying

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Neldrizzy(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
AgapeCharis:
yeah

Even here in Paris. We're so cool with the educational sector. The government here is really trying

smiley smiley smiley
bro i heard Paris is a nice place, i'ld love to be there next summer cheesy
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by chibwike(m): 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
AgapeCharis:
yeah

smiley smiley smiley
Lol..wats up with dis trend
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
Neldrizzy:
bro i heard Paris is a nice place, i'ld love to be there next summer cheesy
yh...very nice

U won't regret ur stay grin
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by herald9: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
Neldrizzy:

Even here in China
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
chibwike:
Lol..wats up with dis trend
cheesy wink
U'll knw soon
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
SammyT95:
I keep on hammering this FUTA is the best university of technology in Nigeria.
Absolutely.

Chai I miss south gate and chapters.

Great futarian.....
Re: Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) by chibwike(m): 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
AgapeCharis:
cheesy wink
U'll knw soon
Lol..i want to know now..coz i'd going back to france...next week.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Pitch Competition: Anambra To Represent Nigeria, Africa In America / ASUU Calls On NASS To Pass The Bill To Amend NUC Act / Plz Any Polytechnic Selling Hnd Forms Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.