Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! (9450 Views)

How Beautiful Does Your Phone Keyboard Looks (pics) / 7 Features An Average Nigerian Looks Out For In A Smartphone / BBM Introduces First Premium Features As Blackberry Looks To Monetize Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by chucky234(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
adewaleafolabi: What we would be nice to see is two dying companies (Nokia & Blackberry) merge. Who knows what might come out of it but certainly not an iphone killer or even Galaxy challenger.
Both companies are a victim of their own unwillingness to embrace change
RIM have a far better chance of survival than Nokia with its BB10 due for launch in Q1 of 2013.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by emekaD3(m): 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
they really bleeped up, why go for windows when android was there. Why cant they be like htc that builds both android and windows phones. HTC of yesterday!
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hehe the most hilarious tech news of all time.BIG LIE. You have no single idea of what Nokia is in terms of finance. The millions in dollars keeps on pumping in on daily basis. Nokia would never liquidate
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
chucky234: RIM have a far better chance of survival than Nokia with its BB10 due for launch in Q1 of 2013.
Let us wait and see.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
Una be fool: Hehe the most hilarious tech news of all time.BIG LIE. You have no single idea of what Nokia is in terms of finance. The millions in dollars keeps on pumping in on daily basis. Nokia would never liquidate

And ur source comes from

Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jmaine: 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
chucky234: Where did you borrowed your lies,the fact that Nokia is cash crunched is an open secret as their market shares has on down slide in the last few years.
For you to say that Nokia has a better chance of survival than HTC shows that you don't have a clue about what is happening in the global telephony industry,almost all the manufacturers you listed above including the ailing Nokia depend on HTC for many software.
When you said patents what were you referring to?

Highly condensed ignorance . . . . . .No offense baba . . . .
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by chucky234(m): 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
Una be fool: Hehe the most hilarious tech news of all time.BIG LIE. You have no single idea of what Nokia is in terms of finance. The millions in dollars keeps on pumping in on daily basis. Nokia would never liquidate
In terms of finance? Which Nokia are you referring to,if its the one with two hands connecting people then you are on a long thing because that Nokia don go broke since.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by chucky234(m): 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
jmaine:

Bros which one come be condensed ignorance again,abeg lecture me small
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by OmichaelO: 12:03am On Oct 04, 2012
kerzhim: I won't blame dem for wanting to sell dea HQ in order to raise money. Technology is rapidly growing and dey find it so difficult to match wit the likes of SAMSUNG, GOOGLE, BLACKBERRY and APPLE wen it cums to productivity. They are far behind.
*cums* Far behind Which planet is you?
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by OmichaelO: 12:10am On Oct 04, 2012
angry
jmaine:

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy..bb10 ko bb 25 ni...[color=]
jmaine:

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy..bb10 ko bb 25 ni...[/color]
jmaine:

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy..bb10 ko bb 25 ni...
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by OmichaelO: 12:10am On Oct 04, 2012
jmaine:

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy..bb10 ko bb 25 ni..
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jedisco(m): 12:37am On Oct 04, 2012
chucky234: Where did you borrowed your lies,the fact that Nokia is cash crunched is an open secret as their market shares has been on down slide in the last few years.
For you to say that Nokia has a better chance of survival than HTC shows that you don't have a clue about what is happening in the global telephony industry,almost all the manufacturers you listed above including the ailing Nokia depend on HTC for many software.
When you said patents what were you referring to?

Man your whole article screams novice, novice, novice!
The fact that Nokia has financial problems is not in convention. My question is how many of the other OEMs apart from Samsung and Apple are doing any better.

Did you just say that almost all manufacturers depend on HTC for software??
You're not just a novice but a blind one. You should get yourself informed and fast.

Now let me enlighten you. Nokia controls almost 50% of very important mobile patents. Their only worthy competitor is Motorolla and that was the major reason Google bought them for almost $12B. Samsung also has quite a number as regards the AMOLED screen technology and LTE.
So as regards patent talk on mobiles, HTC is absolutely no where
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jedisco(m): 12:39am On Oct 04, 2012
chucky234: RIM have a far better chance of survival than Nokia with its BB10 due for launch in Q1 of 2013.

Oh this blind man again. This just shows how blank you are.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jedisco(m): 12:44am On Oct 04, 2012
emeka.D.:
they really bleeped up, why go for windows when android was there. Why cant they be like htc that builds both android and windows phones. HTC of yesterday!

So how has that turned out for HTC in terms of profit?
Do you know how much Samsung and HTC pay Microsoft for every android device made and how much Microsoft pays Nokia to use WP?

I'm sure you think that just making phones bring in profit. Apple doesn't sell much phones as compared to android but they still make 75% of smartphone and tablet profit. Nokia has a much better shot at succeeding with WP than with android.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jmaine: 1:06am On Oct 04, 2012
chucky234: Bros which one come be condensed ignorance again,abeg lecture me small

Who go open mouth for this age, talk say Nokia no be leader in the Mobile Patent Arena . . . .They even won a patent suit against Apple which fetched them a cool $ 600 million pay packet . . .

And saying all manufacturers depend on HTC for their software is sacrilege . .Damn dude !! how did you confidently come up with that piece grin . . .

Though Nokia is currently reporting financial loss of over a billion dollars, They are still capable of holding their forte for a while with a cash reserve of $ 5.2 billion

Even their marriage with Microsoft . means more slush funds coming in wink . . .

Below is a recent statistics of the market share in U.S just before the unveiling of the IP 5 & Lumia 920 . . .

Kindly observe the percentage increase of IOS users and the hit blackberry took in market share loss. It's easily discernible that BB lost most of their customers to apple . .if you doubt . .Just buzz nairaland Ogugua88 who recently adopted the IPhone 5 after dumping her blackberry device for good ( According to her smiley)

The Windows phone loss was marginal, offcourse this is understandable cos Nokia/Microsoft disappointed a lot of people when they discovered that the WP 7.5 devices can't be upgraded to a WP 8. forcing most peeps to wait for the next gen Lumia devices . .

And Bang, The rave the Lumia WP8 is causing will likely increase their market share, moreso when Nokia signed a deal with China mobile ( The biggest mobile operator in the world with over a billion subscriber base . .) .

Before BB will lauch their OS 10, the competition will announce more compelling devices which will make life more difficult for them . . .
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by fitzmayowa: 1:25am On Oct 04, 2012
berem: Please they should relocate their headquarters to Computer Village Ikeja! Business go boom die!
laffs in Nupe grin grin grin
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jedisco(m): 1:34am On Oct 04, 2012
kellystech: Dear Nokia,
I fear the next time I write you, it will be to say goodbye.
I’ve noticed you’ve run into a bit of trouble lately with your handset business. It seems as though you could use some advice from someone who cares. Allow me to start from the beginning.
You had one clear message when you announced your first Microsoft powered Lumia phones: these are the real Windows Phone devices. And you weren’t just blowing hot air. Microsoft backed you up. They even appeared on stage to help drum up excitement and drive that message home.
You seemed to hold a special place in the manufacturing line for Microsoft. Where RIM and Apple make their own hardware, Nokia, you would be that for Microsoft. You made sure Microsoft felt comfortable with that decision by going all in on Windows Phone, too. Then came the announcement of the Microsoft Surface.
Instead of the Lumia Surface, or Lumia 10 (for ten inches), Microsoft announced they’d be making their own hardware. Ouch. Sorry, Nokia. Apparently, even though you pledged allegiance to Microsoft, they still couldn’t trust you to deliver. You aren’t good enough to make their flagship tablet. But at least you still have phones, right? Yeah, about that.
This past week, HTC teamed up with Microsoft to announce both the Windows Phone 8X and Windows Phone 8S
. HTC is calling itself “the new face of Windows Phone.” Which is totally cool with Microsoft. I mean, c’mon, Windows Phone is the name of both devices.
Shouldn’t you have Windows Phone in the title of your devices? Like the Windows Phone Lumia? Microsoft is getting behind HTC now. You can keep doing their thing, but HTC is where it’s at
. Again, sorry, Nokia. Microsoft couldn’t trust you with tablets, and now they can’t trust you with phones. So what now?
Elop, we know you made some rather unfriendly comments towards Android in the past. But we’re willing to forgive you. And so is Google. I’m sure they’d love to work with you.
Look. We’ve seen the article in Reuters
. Reporting that you, Elop, have until early 2013 to turn things around. To prove that betting the farm on Microsoft was the right thing to do. Do you really want to keep waiting? You placed everything you have in Microsoft, and they just proved they aren’t willing to place everything they have in you. How many more times do you have to be stabbed in the back by Ballmer and company before you realize it’s time to get out?
You don’t even have to do everything Google wants. If you don’t like how Android looks, change it. You can still lean on the massive ecosystem and developer support Google has amassed. No other platform can offer that to you. That’s the truth. Any other platform you could flock to would either limit what you can do with software or offer no developer and user support.
Nokia, Elop, you can make Android your own. It has a huge, robust ecosystem. It’s already the winning platform in terms of marketshare. The cost of admittance is free. What else do you want? You’re not Microsoft’s number one anyone. You’re playing second fiddle to HTC now.
I can promise you a Nokia manufactured Android device would sell like crazy. Look around you. Google search “Lumia Nexus
.” The demand is there. You just have to snatch the opportunity. You can still make Windows Phone devices if you want; both Samsung and HTC have a hand in Android and Windows. You’re just running out of time.
I hope this made some sense to you. You’re a master craftsman of hardware. You have some of the most talented engineers on the planet working for you. You have a loyal following. You know how to command the marketplace. Don’t waste it all waiting for Windows Phone to take off. I’d hate to see you go. We’d all hate to see you go.
Sincerely,
Dustin EarleyNext

First and formost, this post is one hell of a misinformed one.

Let me take it on two points- Nokia and android and the other on the current situation with MS.

First Nokia and android. Let me for the umpteenth time ask. APART FROM SAMSUNG, HOW MUCH PROFIT ARE OTHER ANDROID OEMS MAKING??
The mistake you people always make is that you think because android is popular, anybody that touches it becomes successful.
Maybe you should ask yourself why Apple rakes in 75% of smartphone and tablet profits while still selling considerably lower numbers than android.

When Nokia contemplated using android, Google didn't allow them any opportunity to differentiate their products. That would have meant the death of alot of Nokia products like maps. I hope you know that Google once threatened to ban Motorolla cos they wanted to develop their maps.
Now take a look at the success Nokia maps is today with over 85% of inbuilt navigation systems in cars and a whole lot using it.

So at best, they would have been also-rans like all other android OEMs apart from Samsung are. That in itself would have been an insult to Nokia and wouldn't have helped out their financial situation, instead it would have worsened it.

With WP, Nokia has the chance to differentiate their brand and still use their services. If WP is able to grab say 10% market share, that would be much more profitable for Nokia than using android.
I believe that Google are currently regretting not licensing Nokia as that would have killed of any chance WP had to survive. Instead they ruined that opportunity and allowed Nokia partner with an opponent.

To the current issue with WP. You should understand the basics.
- You have to understand that Nokia, MSFT and HTC are all companies looking for profit.
- HTC has made WP for a very long time before Nokia and you don't expect them not to have some benefits.
- HTC has much better presence than Nokia in the US.
- What WP needs now is a good userbase so partnering with HTC and Nokia would atleast ensure worldwide availability.
- Nokia still receives alot of support from MSFT. $1B yearly and thats the little we know.
- Nokia have come out to say they don't make products for others. Besides, they do not have the capacity to do that. They have moved most of their factories to Asia and allow others to make some of their phones so that they can adequately meet global demand.
- Nokia wanted to create their brand with WP which is what Lumia stands for so it wouldn't have been wise to have the WP tag on their phones.
- They have succeeded with that as the Lumia brand is currently more popular than WP.
- Using the WP tag is not important just as the droid tag for Motorolla phones did not help them in anyway.
- MSFT clearly want to create their own brand which is WP and surface just as Nokia also want to create theirs.
- If Nokia makes a tablet, then only it would carry the Lumia tag.

LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, USING ANDROID WOULD HAVE BEEN THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO NOKIA. ALL YOU ANDROID USERS SHOULD BE SATISFIED WITH ALL THE ANDROID OEMS YOU'VE GOT. IF YOU WANT A NOKIA DEVICE, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by LordReed(m): 5:26am On Oct 04, 2012
jedisco:

Clearly states?? Maybe I forgot my glasses.
But if Nokia pointing out others that have done thesame and rented it back is what you mean by clearly stating that they're going to rent it back then that is lacking.

2nd paragraph in my op:

The loss making company is looking to sell
and lease back the building that employs
1,800 people in a move that could raise
€200m-€300m, according to estimates.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by LordReed(m): 5:41am On Oct 04, 2012

The loss making Nokia? The Nokia that just hemorrhaged $1.7billion in 2nd quater loss? $1.2billion 1st quater loss? The company complaining of declining handset sales?
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by Sezua(m): 5:49am On Oct 04, 2012
kerzhim: I won't blame dem for wanting to sell dea HQ in order to raise money. Technology is rapidly growing and dey find it so difficult to match wit the likes of SAMSUNG, GOOGLE, BLACKBERRY and APPLE wen it cums to productivity. They are far behind.
you must be dull to say dis shit....i guess d only nokia yhu av eva cum across is '1600' av u cin fones like e7, c6 nd n8...mehn u dull oh
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by mapet: 6:20am On Oct 04, 2012
Not necesssary. In business strategy, you may opine that you don't need a gigantic edifice to be profitable, especially when you're trying to re-align(downsize, right-size etc). This will also be a veritable options of raising funds, than debt financing (banks or Fiancial institutions) or equity financing (sell stakes)

It's been a common practice in business world, although dangerous, cos their market is already led by iphone and samsung. But it may be worth the shot. Some top coys in the US have done this, in most cases the HQs are sold to top hotels......
afam4eva: Are they that poor that they would have to sell their headquarters?
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by kokosheen(m): 6:37am On Oct 04, 2012
What concerns me from the article is the fact that the shareholders are still collecting dividends from a loss making company. Business graduates should educate me, is it normal for companies with negative balance sheets to pay dividends?
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by chucky234(m): 6:57am On Oct 04, 2012
jedisco:

Man your whole article screams novice, novice, novice!
The fact that Nokia has financial problems is not in convention. My question is how many of the other OEMs apart from Samsung and Apple are doing any better.

Did you just say that almost all manufacturers depend on HTC for software??
You're not just a novice but a blind one. You should get yourself informed and fast.

Now let me enlighten you. Nokia controls almost 50% of very important mobile patents. Their only worthy competitor is Motorolla and that was the major reason Google bought them for almost $12B. Samsung also has quite a number as regards the AMOLED screen technology and LTE.
So as regards patent talk on mobiles, HTC is absolutely no where
Hahaha I laugh your empty brain,HTC has the highest LTE patents with Samsung coming closest,in 2010 HTC manufactured the first LTE device with the release of the Evo 4G.
HTC operates a software design office in Seattle in the United State where it
designs its own interface for its phones and other manufacturer.
In the Q3 2011 HTC Corporation became the largest smartphone vendor in the U.S. by 24 percent, ahead of Samsung's 21 percent, Apple Inc.'s 20 percent and
BlackBerry's 9 percent and Nokia was never on that list.
HTC Corporation also made different models for each operator in the US in 2011.
2011 HTC bought VIA Technologies' stake in S3 Graphics, thus becoming the majority owner of S3, On August 6 2011, HTC acquired Dashwire for $18.5M. In August 2011, HTC
confirmed that they will be entering a
strategic partnership with Beats
Electronics by acquiring 51 percent of
Beat's shares.
HTC was named the "Device
Manufacturer of the Year" for 2011 by
the GSMA at the Mobile World Congress on the 16th of February 2011,
Also in April 2011, the company's market value surpassed that of Nokia to become the third largest smartphone maker in the world, only behind Apple and Samsung.
Its also good for you to put into your empty brain that HTC is pioneer of the android and windows mobile you see everywhere today and not Nokia, HTC created the first Microsoft-powered smartphone (2002) and the first Microsoft 3G phone (2005)
Their first major product was made in
2000 and was one of the world's first
touch screen smartphones. The Palm
Treo 650 and thesad iPAQ were created by HTC.
Before you open your rotten mouth to yarn dust you should fu;cking ask questions,besotted goon typing garbage from his debris.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by geek(m): 7:16am On Oct 04, 2012
jmaine:
Nokia signed a deal with China mobile ( The biggest mobile operator in the world with [color=#990000]over a billion subscriber base . .)

Just shy of 700 million actually, but your point remains valid. http://www.chinamobileltd.com/ir.php?menu=11
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by chucky234(m): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2012
jmaine:

Who go open mouth for this age, talk say Nokia no be leader in the Mobile Patent Arena . . . .They even won a patent suit against Apple which fetched them a cool $ 600 million pay packet . . .

And saying all manufacturers depend on HTC for their software is sacrilege . .Damn dude !! how did you confidently come up with that piece grin . . .

Though Nokia is currently reporting financial loss of over a billion dollars, They are still capable of holding their forte for a while with a cash reserve of $ 5.2 billion

Even their marriage with Microsoft . means more slush funds coming in wink . . .

Below is a recent statistics of the market share in U.S just before the unveiling of the IP 5 & Lumia 920 . . .

Kindly observe the percentage increase of IOS users and the hit blackberry took in market share loss. It's easily discernible that BB lost most of their customers to apple . .if you doubt . .Just buzz nairaland Ogugua88 who recently adopted the IPhone 5 after dumping her blackberry device for good ( According to her smiley)

The Windows phone loss was marginal, offcourse this is understandable cos Nokia/Microsoft disappointed a lot of people when they discovered that the WP 7.5 devices can't be upgraded to a WP 8. forcing most peeps to wait for the next gen Lumia devices . .

And Bang, The rave the Lumia WP8 is causing will likely increase their market share, moreso when Nokia signed a deal with China mobile ( The biggest mobile operator in the world with over a billion subscriber base . .) .

Before BB will lauch their OS 10, the competition will announce more compelling devices which will make life more difficult for them . . .
Guy what got my attention was where he said Nokia has a better chance of survival than HTC,is HTC struggling with sales?
For your information HTC was the first to sign a contract with China Mobile in 2010,its no big deal jare. In 2010, HTC sold over 24.6 million handsets, in China that's up 111% over 2009.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jmaine: 7:35am On Oct 04, 2012
geek:

Just shy of 700 million actually, but your point remains valid. http://www.chinamobileltd.com/ir.php?menu=11

Thanks for the correction . . .deeply appreciated grin . . .
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by texazzpete(m): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2012
chucky234: Hahaha I laugh your empty brain,HTC has the highest LTE patents with Samsung coming closest,in 2010 HTC manufactured the first LTE device with the release of the Evo 4G.
HTC operates a software design office in Seattle in the United State where it
designs its own interface for its phones and other manufacturer.
In the Q3 2011 HTC Corporation became the largest smartphone vendor in the U.S. by 24 percent, ahead of Samsung's 21 percent, Apple Inc.'s 20 percent and
BlackBerry's 9 percent and Nokia was never on that list.
HTC Corporation also made different models for each operator in the US in 2011.
2011 HTC bought VIA Technologies' stake in S3 Graphics, thus becoming the majority owner of S3, On August 6 2011, HTC acquired Dashwire for $18.5M. In August 2011, HTC
confirmed that they will be entering a
strategic partnership with Beats
Electronics by acquiring 51 percent of
Beat's shares.
HTC was named the "Device
Manufacturer of the Year" for 2011 by
the GSMA at the Mobile World Congress on the 16th of February 2011,
Also in April 2011, the company's market value surpassed that of Nokia to become the third largest smartphone maker in the world, only behind Apple and Samsung.
Its also good for you to put into your empty brain that HTC is pioneer of the android and windows mobile you see everywhere today and not Nokia, HTC created the first Microsoft-powered smartphone (2002) and the first Microsoft 3G phone (2005)
Their first major product was made in
2000 and was one of the world's first
touch screen smartphones. The Palm
Treo 650 and thesad iPAQ were created by HTC.
Before you open your rotten mouth to yarn dust you should fu;cking ask questions,besotted goon typing garbage from his debris.

Don't even argue. Nokia has an enormous patent portfolio...after being the world's number one phone manufacturer for many years, that is unexpected.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by chucky234(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2012
@ Jmaine and Jedisco
Mobile phones sales are determined mainly by the total sales in the US,let's take a look at the US patent table below:
Samsung - 47,855
Nokia - 9,615
Motorola. - 21,027 with Motorola wireless which is been sold to google owning 17,000 of the total patents granted to Motorola in the US.
Microsoft - 19,800
Sony. - 36,508
Apple. - 4,649
From the above table Nokia don't control 10% of US patents let alone 50%, I will bring you the global patent chat shortly.
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jmaine: 8:25am On Oct 04, 2012
chucky234: Guy what got my attention was where he said Nokia has a better chance of survival than HTC,is HTC struggling with sales?

HTC is currently struggling in sales, with Samsumg annexing majority of the profits from all android platforms . .. . . . . . .Even worrisome when HTC is forced to pay royalties to Microsoft for patents utilized by android . . .Guess you don't know HTC pays $5 to Microsoft as licensing fees on each andriod device . . . .

HTC recently pulled out of the competitive Brazilian market, it also closed a research facility in North Carolina and her office in Seoul, South Korea in an effort to cut costs .. . . .Is that not a struggling company ?

htc-brazilian-smartphone-sales-halted

htc_closes_office_south_korea_where_its_smartphones_struggled

chucky234: For your information HTC was the first to sign a contract with China Mobile in 2010,its no big deal jare. In 2010, HTC sold over 24.6 million handsets, in China that's up 111% over 2009.

Bro we dey talk of 2012 you dey talk about 2010 . . .A few years ago precisely 6 years, Nokia was the clear leader but where are they now in the scheme of things . . . .

In present times, Samsung GS devices has left HTC struggling, moreso when Microsoft are busy collecting easy fat pay checks for their patents on android devices . . . Microsoft raked in $ 800 million in royalties from andriod devices in a quarter

http://blogs.computerworld.com/windows/20792/microsofts-haul-mobile-800-million-android-royalties-one-quarter-still-only-relative-trickle-windows-phone
Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by jmaine: 8:42am On Oct 04, 2012
chucky234: @ Jmaine and Jedisco
Mobile phones sales are determined mainly by the total sales in the US,let's take a look at the US patent table below:
Samsung - 47,855
Nokia - 9,615
Motorola. - 21,027 with Motorola wireless which is been sold to google owning 17,000 of the total patents granted to Motorola in the US.
Microsoft - 19,800
Sony. - 36,508
Apple. - 4,649
From the above table Nokia don't control 10% of US patents let alone 50%, I will bring you the global patent chat shortly.

For your reading pleasure Sir, cos i don't know where your break dancing to cheesy . . .Please download the research report below and clear all your seeming doubt about the mobile ecosphere patent port folios grin . . .

http://www.chetansharma.com/Mobile_Patents_Landscape_Chetan_Sharma_Consulting.pdf

Re: Nokia Looks To Sell Headquarters To Raise Cash!!! by OmichaelO: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2012
chucky234: @ Jmaine and Jedisco
Samsung - 47,855
Nokia - 9,615
Microsoft - 19,800
Sony. - 36,508
Apple. - 4,649
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!! Read the facts provided for you above...tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HOT! Tecno Y5 – Discussion Thread / Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check / 5800 Games Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.