Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! (2271 Views)

Java Installation For Hp 6500 Ipaq Phone.l (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by SizzleBoy(m): 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2008
I finally got one! Behold, my jesus phone:
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by naijafan(m): 12:37am On Jan 19, 2008
[size=14pt]f o o l[/size]
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by 4gotnheros(m): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2008
What the JESUS about it? sad
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 19, 2008
[size=20pt]HE GOAT[/size]
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by DualCore1: 10:24am On Jan 19, 2008
a few peeps ain't even worth having phones, they just too technologically challenged to understand. gaaaaash!
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by akyus(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2008
@sisslzeBoy Please, tell us what you mean?
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by samuelk(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2008
stop blaspheming
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by anasey(m): 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2008
mumu ka!!!!
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by ceejay80s(m): 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2008
an additional brainless person on nairaland,naira land should go ahead and change its name to psycoland since na mad people full am
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by blogtech(m): 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2008
Guy if you're proud of that phone plz edith your post b4 it spoil, because 4 using his name in vein.
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by MrInfo1(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2008
blogtech:

Guy if you're proud of that phone plz edith your post before it spoil, because 4 using his name in vein.

Take this advise now, Otherwise lipsrsealed
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by texazzpete(m): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2008
The words 'Jesus phone' aren't his, they were used in the time preceding the iphone launch thanks to the insane amount of hype generated by the phone.

@Poster
We don't need to look. The iphone still is kinda new in the market, but seeing it isn't as uncommon as it used to be. And lose the 'jesus phone' tag.
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by nazzyon(m): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2008
He is not the one who started it. It was nicknamed before the phone was released.
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by bjluv: 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2008
and the phone is pure rubbish and useeless "toy"
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by texazzpete(m): 11:01am On Jan 20, 2008
bjluv:

and the phone is pure rubbish and useeless "toy"

99.9% of the people who say this are those who

1. have never used the iphone before

2. cannot afford to buy it (second hand/stolen iphones aren't in the market grin)

3. have little reading/research skills to see the wonderful work being done on the iphone scene.

Stick to your boring symbian phones and leave us iphone adopters alone!
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by MrInfo1(m): 11:18am On Jan 20, 2008
Has apple done a phone before ? undecided
[center][size=18pt]No[/size][/center]
So avoid the iphone   lipsrsealed Otherwise
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by bjluv: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2008
Because u have the toy on ya palm or ya pocket now does not make u any wiser than the other guy who went buying a giorgio armani phone for £999 just because it says giorgio armani  cheesy

I said that and I am glad I don't belong to any of the 3 points you have mentioned. I have probably handled and tested more phones than you can ever will imagine in 5yrs and because you have an iPhone now that you have dropped a whole lot of dollars to have, you now think you are the King of the iPhone adopters??  cheesy Dude common---iPhone

Hey you need to go back to where ever you are coming from, read more and do the research smiley Now I can see from the way you write that you only know about Nokias and the like when you mention symbian smiley Hey, all the funtions on your iPhone can be  done with my first ever WM5 phone that hangs beautifully where all the phones are not to even talk of the WM2003's or NeoBase ---so go figure!

And I know you dont like Bill too and prefers Steve tongue lipsrsealed

texazzpete:

99.9% of the people who say this are those who

1. have never used the iphone before

2. cannot afford to buy it (second hand/stolen iphones aren't in the market  grin)

3. have little reading/research skills to see the wonderful work being done on the iphone scene.

Stick to your boring symbian phones and leave us iphone adopters alone!
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by naijafan(m): 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2008
haha

texaspette, we might have to be on different sides on this one. . .

the iPhone is an empty shell. devoid of reasonable hardware except for the fast processor and graphics accelerator (which you can find in high end Nseries handsets - N95 8GB, N81, and N82)

you'll be smarter purchasing a Nokia E90 than the iPhone (even tho E90 might be more expensive)

nothing is smart about the iPhone, at least not yet.

i cant even browse my files on the iPhone. . . LOL. Apple made no mistake in calling it a phone anyway. That's about the only part where it excels. . . grin
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by texazzpete(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2008
@bjluv,
lol! So you're still stuck on WM5? I have a HTC TyTN running a personally customized version of WM6, cooked by me (with a base rom obtained from xda-developers). WM5 is old news. . .

Now, Quick! Tell me what features the iphone has that you can easily duplicate on your Wm5 phone. Is it the ipod function? Coverflow? Is it the beautiful and ultra-responsive touch-based interface? is it Youtube? Is it mobile safari, a full desktop-class web browser? Is it the 480 x 320 video resolution? Is it the ability to play itunes content, purchase music, videos and series wirelessly from the itunes store (the world's largest online store)
Is it multitouch, the ability to manipulate images easily by piching in and out?

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Since i got the iphone, my HTC TyTN has remained in the glove compartment of my car (until i figure out what second line to buy). The iPhone brings back the 'fun' in using a phone all over again, something tired iterations of WM and Symbian devices fail to do.

bjluv:

And I know you don't like Bill too and prefers Steve tongue lipsrsealed

I actually like bill gates and secretly loathe steve jobs. Go figure.

naijafan:

haha

texaspette, we might have to be on different sides on this one. . .

the iPhone is an empty shell. devoid of reasonable hardware except for the fast processor and graphics accelerator (which you can find in high end Nseries handsets - N95 8GB, N81, and N82)

you'll be smarter purchasing a Nokia E90 than the iPhone (even tho E90 might be more expensive)

nothing is smart about the iPhone, at least not yet.

i can't even browse my files on the iPhone. . . LOL. Apple made no mistake in calling it a phone anyway. That's about the only part where it excels. . . grin

Reasonable hardware, eh? Failed to mention the 480 x 320 ultra-sharp screen, did you? Or the accelerometer, huh? Or multitouch? Or even a touchscreen? Don't those qualify as hardware anymore?

None of those high end Nokia phones is nearly a match for the iPhone in multimedia and Web browsing. the iPhone has the best browser ever seen in a mobile device, and that's a fact that goes without saying.
With WiFi access, there's no other phone out there that can give you the level of enjoyment you can obtain with the iphone. The YouTube application gives me access to hundreds of thousands of Youtube videos specially encoded for the iphone, so it'll look far better than even when you watch it on your PC.
Sites like Google, Nokia, meebo and many others have customized versions of their websites tailored for the iphone. The browsing experience is unparalleled.

The phone runs a mobile version of OSX, and entire desktop class operating system. hackers have long since found out that Apple's claims in this angle were not false at all.
Apple hasn't released the iphone SDK yet, but there are many apps out there crafted by hackers. As soon as the SDK is released in february, real apps will come out that will quite simply blow anything else out of the water.

The iPhone brings about a new, fresh and original look at the phone in itself. It fulfils most requirements as an all-in-one device. It combines and iPod, Web browser and phone in one device.

Now, here's a question. What exactly do you gain in Nigeria when you upgrade from an N70 to an N95?
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by DualCore1: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2008
many peeps who talk badly about the iphone havn't seen it, that i'll agree with. I for one havnt seen it in reality, but i have read too much about it, the reviews from people who have it are mixed. some like it, some don't. Lets not go into comparison of the iphone and nokia, i hate that comparison as much as i would hate the comparison between vista and xp. Wateva phone u're using will always boil down to ur personal preference i.e functionalities and cost. But then again, the iphone users shouldn't blow things outta proportion.
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by honsule(m): 11:13am On Jan 21, 2008
I want to edit this post.
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by DualCore1: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2008
honsule:

undecided
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by texazzpete(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2008
honsule:

Why exactly would you want to edit this post?
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by MrInfo1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2008
How is that posible lipsrsealed since your not a moderator and your not the thread starter?
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by adamugo(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2008
No matter how good the phone is should people now tagged it jesus,we should know how to respect that holy name Jesus so that we should not get out of our way because of excitement or what should i called it.
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by honsule(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2008
if it is the other religion name somebody use trouble for dey for nairaland(Jihad of the sword).have you guys forgotten the cartoon story associated with a religion and the uprising. cry
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by tobs(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2008
Any small tin na abuse,make una free the guy make him give us details of him jesus fone.
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by MrInfo1(m): 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2008
@ tobs

You need details of JESUS phone lipsrsealed Ask him in your next prayer grin
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by naijafan(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2008
texazzpete:

Reasonable hardware, eh? Failed to mention the 480 x 320 ultra-sharp screen, did you? Or the accelerometer, huh? Or multitouch? Or even a touchscreen? Don't those qualify as hardware anymore?

None of those high end Nokia phones is nearly a match for the iPhone in multimedia and Web browsing. the iPhone has the best browser ever seen in a mobile device, and that's a fact that goes without saying.
With WiFi access, there's no other phone out there that can give you the level of enjoyment you can obtain with the iphone. The YouTube application gives me access to hundreds of thousands of Youtube videos specially encoded for the iphone, so it'll look far better than even when you watch it on your PC.
Sites like Google, Nokia, meebo and many others have customized versions of their websites tailored for the iphone. The browsing experience is unparalleled.

The phone runs a mobile version of OSX, and entire desktop class operating system. hackers have long since found out that Apple's claims in this angle were not false at all.
Apple hasn't released the iphone SDK yet, but there are many apps out there crafted by hackers. As soon as the SDK is released in february, real apps will come out that will quite simply blow anything else out of the water.

The iPhone brings about a new, fresh and original look at the phone in itself. It fulfils most requirements as an all-in-one device. It combines and iPod, Web browser and phone in one device.

Now, here's a question. What exactly do you gain in Nigeria when you upgrade from an N70 to an N95?

Noise just like infobaba would say grin

FYI, the Web browser in S60 3rd edition devices is more CSS compliant than the Safari on the iPhone.
iPod?! We've got a music player on S60 3rd edition devices as well. With the Navi-wheel in the N81, it becomes an iPod in ur hands.
Did you just say multi-touch A larger percentage of mobile phone users prefer to use their handhelds with one hand. Multitouch was necessary as the iPhone had just one key.
Youtube?! We have emTube for S60 3rd edition devices.
Talking about combining iPod, a web browser and a phone in the same device, we've seen that since the days of the good old N91.

If i may ask, what exactly are you talking about?

If you dont knw yet, try exploring the GPS on an N95 or N82 for example. Remember to install Google Maps. When u're done with that, install Nokia Sports Tracker, then activate it and go on a journey. Get back home and export that data to KML. Open with Google Earth on your system and see wats up. And yea, all that in Nigeria.

Heck, coming to imaging, even the N70 is an upgrade to the iPhone wit the led flash and better picture quality. tongue

I really dont like iPhone / Nokia arguments. . . cos i see no reason whatsoever for it. Like I said earlier, a fellow co-worker bought it about a week before i got my N82, he sold it a week after that wink. But really, if the iPhone satisfies what you want in a phone. . . then heck, go for it. It brings its owner a 'cool factor' grin
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by texazzpete(m): 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2008
naijafan:

Noise just like infobaba would say grin

FYI, the Web browser in S60 3rd edition devices is more CSS compliant than the Safari on the iPhone.

Where exactly did that statement come from? After engadget, PCworld, CNET and the New York Times called Mobile Safari "the best browser in a handheld device" you expect us to believe that?

naijafan:

iPod?! We've got a music player on S60 3rd edition devices as well. With the Navi-wheel in the N81, it becomes an iPod in your hands.

My Girlfriend's Samsung u700 has a wheel on it. it doesn't nearly make it an iPod. The 'Navi-wheel' in the N81 is useful, yes, but it still doesnt capture the ease of use of the standard ipod clickwheel. However, that's a moot point because the iPhone's interface is like no other iPod before it, and it's rated as the best ipod ever. FACT.

naijafan:

Did you just say multi-touch A larger percentage of mobile phone users prefer to use their handhelds with one hand. Multitouch was necessary as the iPhone had just one key.
Youtube?! We have emTube for S60 3rd edition devices.
Talking about combining iPod, a web browser and a phone in the same device, we've seen that since the days of the good old N91.

Multitouch doesn't mean 'touchscreen'. Even chinese phones have touch screens. The iphone screen can accept and track multiple simultaneous touch-based inputs on the screen. it's easy to use the iPhone one-handed.
emtube plays Youtube videos from the Youtube website. the Youtube videos the iphone plays were specially converted for the iphone by Youtube, ensuring far better quality than that delivered by emtube. Don't even get me started on the resolution.

naijafan:

If i may ask, what exactly are you talking about?

No. We've seen a music player, web browser and phone combination long before even the days of the nokia 3650. Hell, even chinese phones do all that. What differs is the QUALITY. that's what i'm talking about

naijafan:

If you don't knw yet, try exploring the GPS on an N95 or N82 for example. Remember to install Google Maps. When u're done with that, install Nokia Sports Tracker, then activate it and go on a journey. Get back home and export that data to KML. Open with Google Earth on your system and see wats up. And yea, all that in Nigeria.

Heck, coming to imaging, even the N70 is an upgrade to the iPhone wit the led flash and better picture quality. tongue

. . .And the point of tracking where you've been is? The more advertised uses of the N95 GPS is for route navigation and other useful stuff like finding out locations of Petrol Stations, Hospitals, etc. All these are next to useless in Nigeria.

It's not having a 5MP camera that counts. On your phone screen, the quality doesn't stand out. Iphone users can zoom and pan their images easily. Young professionals prefer to carry around a digital camera anyways.
Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by texazzpete(m): 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2008
First photo is of the N95 menu screen.
Second is of an N91 menu screen.
Final is from an N70

The difference? Brighter screen, prettier icons.
merely an evolution. Some of us prefer a revolution. We prefer an upgrade to a 'side-grade' grin

Re: I Have A Jesus Phone... L@@K!!! by naijafan(m): 11:33pm On Jan 27, 2008
@texazzpete

omo, i don dey tire. make i just correct some misconceptions wey u get from my earlier post.

Multitouch doesn't mean 'touchscreen'. Even chinese phones have touch screens. The iphone screen can accept and track multiple simultaneous touch-based inputs on the screen. it's easy to use the iPhone one-handed.
i wasnt saying multi touch was touchscreen. . . i knew what i was saying. can u use multi-touch with one hand 

No. We've seen a music player, web browser and phone combination long before even the days of the nokia 3650. Hell, even chinese phones do all that. What differs is the QUALITY. that's what i'm talking about
Speaking of quality, the N95 8GB recently got DLNA certified. Why? It has connectivity methods and can sync and connect to wired and wireless devices and gadgets seamlessly. There’s the Home Media application , setting the device in your home network and sharing it’s media files , there’s the USB connection methods , Bluetooth connection , wireless syncing , Mac+PC software , the share online application , the TV-out and don't forget the UPnP connection. other NSeries wit exactly the same qualifications - Nokia N95-1 , N95-3 , N82 , N93i.

About the tracking, have you heard about the urbanista diaries? And the Nokia Sports Tracker is actually to help you plan workouts. The mapping thing is just an addition. You have your mobile monitoring your workouts and keeping track of every single aspect of it for you, up to your step counts.

As per camera. do you take pictures on your digicam to leave and view them on the digicam man, u got me cracking up there grin

As i said, if the iphone fulfills your need in a mobile, then go for it.

P.S. About the screenshots u put up there. I just laughed. Those phones are not just phones. They are smartphones and run on an operating system with a standard S60 interface.  I know you know this, so what was your point? Will the mobile OSx change its appearance in future iPhones 

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enjoy Mtn Free Browsing Now! / Mtn Free Credit Is A Fraud Beware / Which Good Phone To Buy With 35k To 40k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.