Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi (9057 Views)

Nigeria Opens Dialogue With Cameroon On Bakassi / Bakassi - Jonathan Says Country Committed To ICJ Ruling / Zaki-ibiam Genocide: Waku Drags Obasanjoto Icj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Boa4u: 6:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Comeroonian i d carry God name beg unna, make unna stay away from bakassi,dis land is not yours
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Elueme: 6:44am On Oct 05, 2012
Let see how this plays out. The FG in her wisdom wasn't cut out for this because it could amount to another wasteful venture but for the people's pressure. After listening to intellects debate on this, whether to call for a review of the judgement or not , without sentiments I understand that a political solution would have served us better putting many other factors into consideration. However, we must put the interest of Bakassi people first.. God bless the fed rep of Nigeria and may we have enough wisdom, intellects and evidence to win this case.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 05, 2012
In as much as I want Nigeria to reclaim Bakassi, I doubt if they can be so organised and prepared to come up with winning arguments (facts and how they are presented) within 4 days! However, there is no crime in trying. I hope that it's not a case that France is trying to hold Cameroon by the jugular to have a large chunk of the 'spoils' of Bakassi by playing Nigeria against them at this dying minutes.It might be possible for France to negotiate for larger share of the oil-rich Bakassi in return for helping them to win the case. This is just an assumption and possibility in international politics.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by KINGwax(m): 6:53am On Oct 05, 2012
Maybe it's only me, but i've noticed dt since dame the patient aint around, this GEJ has been making some good decisions. He is so acting as the people's president, listening to every outcry!
Em..nairalanders, are u pondering what i'm pondering?
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 05, 2012
So the FG is just waking up right? I have said it overtime if cameroun takes over bakassi the FG will have to explain and pay for it.

How can a stuipid poverty stricken country come into Nigeria and starts claiming what belongs to Nigeria and our FG will look at us Nigerians in the face and tell us they will accept that fucking baised ruling of the icj based on international conspiracy to stripe Nigeria of bakassi and our leaders knows it but they think we Nigerians are dump
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by cashmentor(m): 6:57am On Oct 05, 2012
Ironi: Some dumb Nigerians have already started talking about invasion and militarilization of Bakasi.You people think big population translates into military prowess.

Where do you get those funny ideas from?

Don't make Cameroun clean the floor with your face.

Nigeria has never and will never be Scared of Common Cameroun.... France has always been the Bigger Fear or should i say Threath! U can't attack Cameroun and Expect France (a mini god to Cameroun) to fold her hands.... Unlike Nigeria, we brags of no Nation (England), infact, we even rub shoulders with England, we're no push overs, hence we find ourselves always in one dispute or the other with our Colonial Masters (they expect us to be Loyal) and we are not, that's why we'll hardly get their support in Issues like this....
This is not a battle between Nig and Cam, No! France is the real Fear....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by hardbody: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2012
onila:

i know it has oil n fish but who needs it more

Cameroon is less richer than Nigeria.

Is the phrase less richer English? Just asking. I thought it's something like richer or poorer
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by swoosh(m): 7:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Government is very slow at everything...something tells me the AGF might miss the October 9 deadline (its Tuesday Next Week). I hope this doesnt happen. I really hope so
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx: As a pseudo-PanAfricanist, this is bad idea... However, as a proud Nigerian, I'm very happy...

We also need to militarise the place while we're at it, we can't let smaller countries bully us...

I don't really like Paul Biya(freaking utterly corrupt dictator) - an invasion and regime change in that part of Africa won't be a bad idea...

Imperial Nigeria - let's get it!! cool

See your amateur mouth like regime change. Igiot. No wonder other African countries view us with suspicion cos after all with monkeys like you in power, we would invade a country to change the regime at any cost. Coward! We should get back Bakassi but only through diplomatic effort. Ode Anuofia
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Dee60: 8:13am On Oct 05, 2012
Iwoyi laaro!
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by franksunny(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2012
give them hope gej; we are on top of the situation...lol
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by lorddannie: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx:

I concur 100%..

I reckon referendum will be the end game... And that would be easy for Nigeria, since the people from the place prefer being part of Nigeria, to Cameroun...

I just hope they settle it amicably, without bloodshed...
referndum, it is. as long as it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that the inhabitants are the aborigins of the place right from ancient times and not immigrants, it would be left to the people to decide where they belong via referendum. we know what the result would be. this was the case when northern cameroun secede via referndum to be part of nigeria(gongola state now taraba and adamawa) and there was no problem.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Okukk(m): 8:41am On Oct 05, 2012
We could only have appeal, even if it is the last day, when there are facts and not when you feel like. Or do you go fighting unprepared?
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by tjimoh: 8:43am On Oct 05, 2012
Let's go there...Yakubu Gowon, OBJ, Adoke, Bola Ajibola U pple shld better pray hard we have a fruitful outcome so that history will be remembering U 4 good over BAKAsSI palava
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Raxxye(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2012
DonHummer: I thought d president said d country has accepted d icj rulin....dis our presidnt is ful of surprises

Shut up. The president is human, and has the right to change his mind.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2012
A very good development. GEJ is hard to fault so far. David Mark is also on his game and Liyel Imoke almost declared war on Cameroon. lol

The Three Musketeers...Operation Reclaim Nigeria

Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by christemmbassey(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2012
Once to everyman and nation comes a moment to decide, in strive of truth and faleshood, to stand for good or evil. The best decision ever by GEJ. Calling on all akwaiibomits and crians especially those with historical facts like the traditional rulers, prof of history in our university eg prof Uya to support the govt.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by solbil: 9:07am On Oct 05, 2012
dare cameroon and dare someone who will clean you up! If we had the likes of many of you in power, we would be put in trouble.

How comes we are not hearing anything from cameroon. There are always two sides to a story. I suggest our local media get in contact with cameroon to give us a better idea of the issue.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by mrperfect(m): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Peace and adequate care of people of Bakassi should be main concern.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by tpapi: 9:57am On Oct 05, 2012
onila: I don't support this undecided

who needs that land more? cameroonians or nigerians
is it because u r fm togo
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by taharqa: 10:03am On Oct 05, 2012
From what i hear, 9jaria is not going to appeal the judgement per say, she is just going to lounge a formal complaints about perceivd Human Rights violations of the people of Bakassi( who still consider themselves Nigerians) probably as a leech to further negotiate 9jaria's interests with Cameroon going further Or even as an 'excuse' to eventually force a Referedum of the people there and get d place back.... i don tire 4 how we tk handle d mata since
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by tpapi: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2012
bayooooooo: Laugh wan kill me. Nigeria wants to appeal a verdict that has been implemented. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
r ur ear drums stil functionin,nigeria has until d 10th of oct 2 appeal dat verdict
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by tpapi: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2012
Ironi: Some dumb Nigerians have already started talking about invasion and militarilization of Bakasi.You people think big population translates into military prowess.

Where do you get those funny ideas from?

Don't make Cameroun clean the floor with your face.

r u comparin cameroonian army wit nigerian army
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by tpapi: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2012
Boa4u: The winning is ours whether cameroon like it or not Bakassi belong to niaja,whatever case this dynamic man,{digital Govonor Godswill Akpabio} is involve,he must win,whether spiritual or physical battle he must win.....Am happy our ever winning govonor is the leading team....pls carry on Akpabioism.....Yak isong Odot ukanna,Adot ukanna isong
iban eno uyoh o o,akwa ibom isong o o
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by dvee2: 10:35am On Oct 05, 2012
CyberG: Hope they submit their formal application for review of the judgement before the 9th of October which is just 5 days AWAY!
Very funny,am sure you saw this contribution on Channel TV yesterday just like the presidency. and they now want to act on it 5 days to the expiration day if true.
Does it mean that our Artoney General of the federation doesnt know this information until yesterday?
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by tpapi: 10:44am On Oct 05, 2012
solbil: dare cameroon and dare someone who will clean you up! If we had the likes of many of you in power, we would be put in trouble.

How comes we are not hearing anything from cameroon. There are always two sides to a story. I suggest our local media get in contact with cameroon to give us a better idea of the issue.
do u need 2 contact cameroon 2 proof 2 us dat u r a nigerian
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by solbil: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2012
tpapi: r u comparin cameroonian army wit nigerian army
and what is the naija militia you call army? Mess with cameroon and you mess with france. The camroonians, french in black skin, will clean you up. Remember they (cameroonians) have a nuclear bomb. They have aircraft carriers and nuclear subs. I tell you again; DONT MESS WITH THEM!
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by ozodimgba(m): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2012
onila:

i know it has oil n fish but who needs it more

Cameroon is less richer than Nigeria.

who needs it most is not d issue here but who owns d land and its resources? One thing about injustice is that injustice against one is injustice against all. If u allow Cameroun ownership of Bakassi, one day Camerounians will make jest of Nigerians {even those that signed the ceeding of Bakassi to them} as fools. I luv NIgeria ma country but our politicians I abhor becoz they are irksome. Long Life Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by solomon111(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2012
solbil: and what is the naija militia you call army? Mess with cameroon and you mess with france. The camroonians, french in black skin, will clean you up. Remember they (cameroonians) have a nuclear bomb. They have aircraft carriers and nuclear subs. I tell you again; DONT MESS WITH THEM!
stfu,you cameroonian scum.
You are not even ashamed to be called a french puppet.
You think you are the only one with allies?.
Lol.
When we are through with you,the french will regret ever colonising you.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by 1025: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx: As a pseudo-PanAfricanist, this is bad idea... However, as a proud Nigerian, I'm very happy...

We also need to militarise the place while we're at it, we can't let smaller countries bully us...

I don't really like Paul Biya(freaking utterly corrupt dictator) - an invasion and regime change in that part of Africa won't be a bad idea...

Imperial Nigeria - let's get it!! cool

you got it all wrong. cameroun is not bullying nigeria rather we are the ones selling ourselves cheap to the whole world. the president was talking in the USA and according to him, Nigeria will take the judgement of ICJ in good fate. we shld be asking ourselves HOW DID CAMEROUN GET INVOLVED? gowon is still alive and the last president that handled the matter(obj) is still alive. they have a lot to tell nigerians about their involvements. cameroun has back-up documents from gowon who was in charge then and when a witness is alive and has been keeping quiet, it is easy for every normal being around to know that something is wrong.
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2012
^ In my opinion,the Nigeria political elites(Boko Haram)tried to corner the oil in the South(Bakassi) via Cameroon. U see alot of talk of Nigeria and Cameroon jointly exploiting the Bakassi Oil. No talk of landed rights or people.(indigenes)

Bakassi was simply handed to Cameroon and legitimized via the ICJ. Gowon and OBJ were just puppets for the elites that operates in Nigeria and Cameroon and their international Allies. The same group in the Nigeria counter-coup and also persecuted the Biafra War. The same group dat killed Abacha.

The same group dat has ruled and ruined Nigeria via shady dealings with imperialist internationalist.(Neo-Colonialist)
Re: Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2012
Why did Obasanjo do his best to destroy Nigeria?

It never occured to him to appeal?

It never occurred to his to allow Nigerians / Bakassi indigenes to decide the fate of Bakassi?

Evil, kleptomaniacal fool!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Spent N648.82 Billion On Pipeline Maintenance In 5.5 Years - BudgITng / 130 APC Members Defect To PDP In Kogi / We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.