Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Does Crying Make You Feel Better? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does Crying Make You Feel Better? (5329 Views)

C9 - Weight Loss, Look Better, Feel Better Cleansing In 9 Days / Why Does It Feel Better Urinating Outside Than Toilet / Things Sleep Can Make You Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by maclatunji: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2012
88.8% of people feel better after crying.

Source: UberFacts
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Rocktation(f): 11:35am On Oct 05, 2012
No. In as much as people would like to believe that it releases dreary emotions, it really does not. At least, not solely. Crying is just part of the entire misery spell, which some people cannot resist. And when this spell in its entirety passes, you just feel better.

2 Likes

Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by maclatunji: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
^LOL
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
I haven't cried for a long time---since I was a child----but I remember when I cried my eyes out as a kid, I always felt much better afterwards. I think crying increases the oxygen content in your system, so that has a lot to do with it, because when you're crying, you go "WAHHHHHHH!!" then what follows are those involuntary little "hiccups" or "chokes". You also vent your frustrations and misery out, which is cathartic.

1 Like

Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by firestar(f): 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
the bloodshot eyes,puffed flushed facade and watery voice.
....the headache....
angry
Damn.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by maclatunji: 7:04am On Oct 06, 2012
firestar:
the bloodshot eyes,puffed flushed facade and watery voice.
....the headache....
angry
Damn.

Are you proficient at crying?
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by firestar(f): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Are you proficient at crying?

undecided
Haven't you ever grieved?

1 Like

Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2012
For where? I wish it did.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by maclatunji: 10:06am On Oct 06, 2012
firestar:

undecided
Haven't you ever grieved?

You know what? It's a really difficult question for me to answer. I don't know if it is that I don't grieve or that God has blessed me with the ability to confront grief in a way others wouldn't. I pray I don't have to "grieve" as you are describing it.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by firestar(f): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

You know what? It's a really difficult question for me to answer. I don't know if it is that I don't grieve or that God has blessed me with the ability to confront grief in a way others wouldn't. I pray I don't have to "grieve" as you are describing it.

That's alright. smiley
My tears are rare. One vivid memory made me shed "volcan de larmes…", Words can't can't express how bitter those were.
It probably saved my family at the time because I had[b]never[/b] cried that way before.
But, as painful as it was, it emphasized the depth of my feelings.
So...
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by maclatunji: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
firestar:

That's alright. smiley
My tears are rare. One vivid memory made me shed "volcan de larmes…", Words can't can't express how bitter those were.
It probably saved my family at the time because I had[b]never[/b] cried that way before.
But, as painful as it was, it emphasized the depth of my feelings.
So...

You seem proficient at French I am not but someone close to me is.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by firestar(f): 12:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
Oh... it means volcano tears. May you never be [b]subjected[/b]to it.

1 Like

Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by maclatunji: 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2012
firestar: Oh... it means volcano tears. May you never be [b]subjected [/b]to it.

Ameen.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by CrazyMan(m): 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
I believe it does.

Look at it this way..if you're with people (your loved ones to be more specific) your tears of distress, heartbreak, disappointments, insecurity etc, could alert them.

And they would likely comfort you, which would make you feel much better.

Because without the tears, not one would know what you're going through...and if no one knows what you're going through, it would be very impossible for anyone to comfort you.

So since your comfort came as a result of your tears, then permit me to say that crying can make one feel much better.

2 Likes

Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by maclatunji: 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
^Interesting.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sometimes. Depends on the situation.

Sometimes crying begets the "self victimization" syndrome lol and make you cry more.

I think crying added with some thought makes ppl feel better. Esp. When you get to the point where you ask yourself "why am i crying?"

The crying helps to physically relieve stress and the thought brings about mental courage to stop and perhaps move on.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
~vicky~:
I haven't cried for a long time---since I was a child----but I remember when I cried my eyes out as a kid, I always felt much better afterwards. I think crying increases the oxygen content in your system, so that has a lot to do with it, because when you're crying, you go "WAHHHHHHH!!" then what follows are those involuntary little "hiccups" or "chokes". You also vent your frustrations and misery out, which is cathartic.
I hear You, DOC!!!!!! lol..
you pieces am wella
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by BrutusOj(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yes, it makes kids better. But it makes adults look stupid and helpless.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
It depends on the type of cry,joy or sadness.
Which ever way,it lightens the heart,making people to feel better afterward..its also a way people express their feeling..thereby making people feel better.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by deols(f): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yes, it does. Sometimes, I just want to cry!
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by bloglover(m): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
WHEN I AM SAD I WATCH COMEDY MOVIE..........CRYING IS DEFINATELY NOT AN OPTION
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by deols(f): 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
CrazyMan: I believe it does.

Look at it this way..if you're with people (your loved ones to be more specific) your tears of distress, heartbreak, disappointments, insecurity etc, could alert them.

And they would likely comfort you, which would make you feel much better.

Because without the tears, not one would know what you're going through...and if no one knows what you're going through, it would be very impossible for anyone to comfort you.

So since your comfort came as a result of your tears, then permit me to say that crying can make one feel much better.

this type is embarrassing to me and I avoid it.

the crying that gives relief to me is d one behind closed doors. am the only one who knows why am crying and after it, I am able to put things into perspectives.

1 Like

Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by wrench: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] Nope I don't Feel Better......I Rather Just keep mute
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2012
Crying doesnt make me feel better. But plotting my revenge/finding the solution does make me feel better
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by vanstanzy(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
I did something very bad that placed a very heavy burden on my heart and for the first time in a very longtime i cried heavily and felt better. What can i say, its a great therapy.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by fankasibe: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
i cheated on her and she got to know about it.....she gave me a hard slap......i cried and felt better cry cry
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by juman(m): 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
I think so. It like outburst of pressure from the system.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by moyoyo(m): 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yeah............its like emptying a cup of water it makes d heart lighter................so cry and let go of your sorrow
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
For me sha, it does.. Infact, when matter don red, I go into my room, look the doors and cry to my hearts satisfaction... Then smoke weed, drink a little and then think up a solution... What that crying does for me is to remove all the unnecessary emotions and leave me with a clear empty head.. People who cry, barely suffer a stroke...
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by Clemzy16(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
I haven't cried for a long time now. Infact, i hate hearing kids cry.(esp. when i'm concentrating on something). It's just drives me nut. Also, crying never solves a thing, it worsen it. So whatever happens, i just let go knowing that tears can't do the magic.
Re: Does Crying Make You Feel Better? by oluses: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
Am new in dis forum, I actually registered cos of dis topic, I just feel like sharing my experience bout it. Am a man of 35yrs of age, I can say dat right frm my teenage av not seen anything dat will drop tears frm my eyes up until July dis year. U kno I do pray dat wateva dat will cause me to cry shouldn't happen cos even if I see ten dead bodies on d floor for wateva reason I will not cry, but in July my uncle got sick and was admitted in a general hospital, u kno I didn't kno I love him dat much after a series of test we were told he's having kidney issue in d process I felt so bad dat I had to go inside d car to cry, den called my friend to cry very well so as to get relieved. And afterwards I was ok. But thank God he isn't as bad as I tot, he was discharged few days after.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Big Python Killed In A Flooded House In Delta State- Oleh / Buy Lawyers' Wigs And Gowns As Well As Other Legal Accessories At Low Cost / Eleven Eleven Eleven 11 – 11 – 11 Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.