Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? (3675 Views)

5 Type Of People That Attend A Wedding Ceremony / Good Clubs For A Party. / Did You Attend Kanu Nwankwo's Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Fumi(f): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2006
Hello,

yesterday me and my Husband went for a Birthday-Party of one of my Friends here.
We arrived in her house around 3 pm and started eating some Cake and having Tea.
As we are living in Germany, its quite normal, that people invite you for Birthday and ONLY serve CAKE! No other FOOD!!
So usually you eat cake, talk and go home after one or two hours.
There are also Parties, where you can get Cake and every kind of other Food aswell, but those are rare. After returning from the Party, my Husband was quite angry of not getting any Food there (except Cake).

So what do you People think about it?

Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there?
Would you stay home instead or go there?

Greetings

Funmi
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2006
I guess it doesn't really matter. All that matters is having fun at the party. And giving the presents.
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Zahymaka(m): 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2006
It doesn't matter to me. You should even be happy that you got cake.
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Badman888(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2006
Rice and chiken suppose to be then others
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Izzo(m): 1:01am On Aug 14, 2006
Posted by: Fumi
As we are living in Germany, its quite normal, that people invite you for Birthday and ONLY serve CAKE! No other FOOD!! Since you already know that it's the way some parties go down in your area i guessed u should have filled urself up b/4 leaving the house and just go out there for ur deserts.
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by iice(f): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2006
For real o, It's what is the norm at your end, so before going to parties, eat correct food before landing lol. Nahhh i love parties with lots of food, music, booze, noisy and rowdy lol. grin grin
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2006
yea, ill just eat b4 i leave lol
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by desiree(f): 12:18am On Aug 15, 2006
grin grin grin i have also been to parties where there was no food served and was asked to bring my own drink. oh my days!!!! some cheap skate!!!
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by bluenubian(f): 12:21am On Aug 15, 2006
there better be wine to go with the cake!

but really, i dont go to parties for the food, it more about who is goin to be at the party and some good music. and am good
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by mamaput(f): 9:19am On Aug 15, 2006
For a standard German birthday (lets not call it a party its not) its more like a get together.
Its cake and coffee /tea
A man has to learn to adjust thats they way it has always been done , i see nothing wrong in it.
Even if they make party's it will not be with rice and fuu fuuu, so your husband will still have gone hungry.
I think he was only yabing grin grin
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by soulpatrol(f): 2:17am On Aug 16, 2006
hmmm. we naija people sha. always expecting a full on party complete with jollof/fried rice, meat, and all the works. to be honest though, i found it weird when i moved abroad and all they served at parties was drinks and little tiny sandwiches aka cheese, crackers and grapes. i was like shuo, where the rice at??  grin im used to it now though. plus most times you have to bring your own drinks to parties. funny huh? well na the the culture be that o and man must adjust.  cool
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by ZuluNation(m): 2:24am On Aug 16, 2006
Well sometimes the cake or brownies is spiced up with some Mary Jane so it's not all that bad aftherall grin grin
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by onlygirl(f): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2006
Sometimes if there is no food,person nor go vex but at other times food suppose dey o,i understand why ur guy vex,maybe u have not being trying in the culinary department in a while so the guy is looking forward to eating some good food.abeg make u try cook good food for the Man.the creme de la creme personality at a party wil determine wether u will like to eat or not.if na big boys and girls,small forming is allowed.if an papas,man eat away no time

viva la beno my plepoe
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by BigSis(f): 12:19am On Sep 12, 2006
Question:

Is it a children' birthday party?  To think of it rarely is real food served at birthday parties in America.  Birthday parties and teas(social gatherings, usually at church) don't serve hearty food.  A Tea you may have meatballs and finger sandwiches. 

I would not expect to go to a birthday party and be served anything other than cake, punch, ice cream or somethinglike that. 

When I could to a wedding I expect pastries, meatballs, various type of finger sandwiches and food, but nothing hearty like a real meal. 

This is how it is in my neck of the woods. Everyone knows you eat your real dinner several hours before you go to these types of events. They are not meant to provide you with a real meal.

It is a cultural or society thing. I am American Black. I would only serve you cake, ice cream, punch or soda. If it is an adult party, maybe we may have some bears and mix drinks. However, these event never provide real food in America.
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2009
Wht more do ya xpect? Lol.
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by mamagee3(f): 2:51am On Dec 11, 2009
I won't attend oo grin grin
There must be more things
. grin grin
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Gabry(f): 2:56am On Dec 11, 2009
I will attend cause I loveeee CAKE! wink
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Epi: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
I've been to b/day parties b4 where they only served cake and tea/juice. I see nothing wrong with it undecided
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Jeovy(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2009
i love cakes and beer
Re: Would you attend a Party, knowing they only serve Cake there? by Gabry(f): 2:18am On Dec 13, 2009
^^^ Sorry, no beer for you. This is a children's Borthday Party tongue

(1) (Reply)

Wonderful Children's Birthday Party Decorations / Happy Birthday To My Favorite Holly Marie Combs! / So Sexy! Check Out These Beautiful Photos Of Pallbearers At A Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.