Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara (886 Views)

PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Countryman93: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
[b]The National Good Governance Tour of projects in Nigeria moved to KWARA state on Tuesday October 2nd 2012. The team led by the indefatigable Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, toured major project sites in KWARA state in company of the State Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, Minister of Labour, Emeka WOGU, Minister of Transport, and representatives of various media outfits in Nigeria.

While being received by the host Governor at the KWARA State Government House, Minister of Information, Labaran Maku emphasized that the purpose of the tour is to enable people know what their governors are doing, the progress so far recorded and the challenges ahead.The Minister insisted that he is organizing the tour inorder to ensure that the masses feel the impact of governance at all levels.

The tour advanced to the Aroromi Eyenkori water project. The project boasts of headworks(dam and associated works) ; irrigation fields; fishery; market center; vocational school/ women center(funded by NDE) ; electrification; treatment plant; central workshop/ site office.It has the capacity of producing 5,000 gallons a day. The reservoir catchment area is 10.6 hectares and has 3 kilometers of water. The project engages 1,500 workers.

The team visited the Shonga irrigation project awarded in 2010 by President Goodluck Jonathan. The irrigation project covers 3,500 hectares of feed and 3,200 hectares of land. It provides employment for over 20,000 farmers.The construction of access roads covering 13 kilometers have been completed while work is still ongoing on the remaining 19km. other projects visited include the KWARA Farms, KWARA Medical diagnostic centre etc

The major highlight of the tour was the train ride to Offa from Ilorin. The minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, used the opportunity to showcase efforts of government in refurbishing and reviving the railway system in Nigeria

It will be recalled that President Goodluck Jonathan had during the electioneering campaigns promised to revive the railway system as a viable means of transportation in Nigeria. To this end, the FG has embarked on aggressive rehabilitation of existing railway lines across the country.

[/b]

Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Dollarman101: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
this is tranformation and good governance at work
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Zutchy: 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
Wow,the farms and the Water projects are very modern,and with all the requisite machinery needed,I felt it was just noise making,nice one.and the railways regeneration is really making sense,am actually looking forward to making use of the trains in Nigeria here,it is a very exciting prospect to me.this is real transformation in display,and these are also ways of creating employment,because the Nigerian railway corporation will at least start recruiting again.
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Vogue50: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
The Kwara state government is doing a great job to ensure that the dividends of democracy gets to the masses. They have really taken giant strides and improved immensely across various sectors of their economy such as : agriculture, health , education, transport and human resources.
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by divatosin(f): 12:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
I love this Minister of Information. He has this sense of humility written all over him. Look at him in the train ride exchanging pleasantries with passengers.
We have never seen a minister as down to earth as himself in history. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by SOHKAHTOA: 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
Some pessimists may call this a wasteful venture but the message is clear that Nigerians are having the opportunity of their government, both state and federal telling them the programs being implemented with evidence. This will put governors and MDAs on their toes if this exploration is sustained. I want nairalanders to hold on some of the facts that have been presented here by some as achievement of this administration so we can corroborate facts with figures because this time evidence is what we need. By this we ll know who the enemies of this country are, whether they are the critics or some who claim that patriotism is their watch word in the believe that unconstructive criticisms are the least thing the country needs now considering the length of time of this administration.
I am personally happy for this initiative by Maku and I was encouraged yesterday on hearing his testimony of plying down to illorin from Abuja on roads to have a feel of the roads.

1 Like

Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Mekusnwa: 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
This is Democracy at work. I can't think of any other better way through which a govt can relate with the masses than this tour. Maku is the man.
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Vogue50: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
diva_tosin: I love this Minister of Information. He has this sense of humility written all over him. Look at him in the train ride exchanging pleasantries with passengers.
We have never seen a minister as down to earth as himself in history. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.
you are right ! I also admire his innovative ideals especially for this unprecedented good governance tour he initiated.
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Mallamabdul: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
This is what good governance is all about.Maku is doing a good job and he should not stop,cause we are really interested in this tour and want to see the jobs done in all the 36 states of the federation.thumbs up Mr. Maku
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Vogue50: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
I feel so elated seeing the trains back on track again. The rail- system is the safest and most economical amongst all other system of transportation. This won't only reduce the rate of casualties on transit but will also give our roads more durability span and decongest the number of vehicles on our roads.
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Vogue50: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
: grin
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Elueme: 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
No doubt the Kwara State government has a robust and detailed policy trust for the state especially in the areas of agriculture. It is also good the governor building on the template laid by Saraki on health. Robust plan if I may say but hope he summons enough will to execute them to a logical end. Let the other states in the north central emulate the struggle for self economic determination by Kwara. Kogi should harness the vast natural resources of iron ore, steel and other mineral deposits in that state as well as farming opportunities.
I am delighted at the ungoing rail projects, at least illorin to offa is completed even to Lagos. Awaiting a link up from kano, which is still under construction. we need to relieve our roads of too many strains and stress by seeking alternatives to transport and that is what GEJ is trying to achieve.
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Vado(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
Omg, you people really bought these pics. Jheez, power of the press at work. I'm in kwara and believe you me, the state of things is far from what those pics are saying. The Governor is just a younger GEJ.
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by karlmax2: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
U would never see the hater comment on this kind of thread. The retardeens like DEMDEM and his family of fools
Re: National Good Governance Tour Of Kwara by Zutchy: 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
karl max: U would never see the hater comment on this kind of thread. The retardeens like DEMDEM and his family of fools
Nope,you won't see them here,not at all,bunch of delinquents.

(1) (Reply)

Pre Civilaztion period / Your Take On This Picture / Prophesy about 25/12/12 watchout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.