Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (9958 Views)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by GARRIx7(m): 5:44am On Feb 20, 2013
I won’t use state resources to finance Good Governance tour – Oshiomhole

February 20, 2013 | 12:58 am

News

By GABRIEL  ENOGHOLASE

BENIN — GOVERNOR Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has said that he was not prepared to spend the state’s limited resources to finance the Federal Government’s Good Governance tour, led by Minister of Information and Orientation, Mr. Labaran Maku.

Oshiomhole, at a seminar on Tax Laws in the state, organised by Edo State Board of Internal Revenue, in Benin, explained that he had opposed the proposal for state governments to sponsor the team, when the matter came up at the Governor’s  Forum.

He said that the Good Governance team had sent in a proposal, imploring him to provide accommodation, feeding and logistics for over 120 delegates, when they visit the state next week.

Oshiomhole, who lamented what he called the bogus proposal from the team, said: “Whenever Edo State government officials travel to Abuja for official duties, the state takes responsibility and not the Federal Government.

“So, it is not proper to use Edo State tax payers’ money to finance a Federal Government programme. If they pay me a courtesy visit, I will receive them, but I don’t have a dime to spend on them because I do not need them to come to tell Edo people how I built roads and schools. My achievement speaks for me.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/i-wont-use-state-resources-to-finance-good-governance-tour-oshiomhole/

38 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 20, 2013
Oshiomole?

Please what is the meaning of that name? Does it mean the wise? or bahdt sharp guy? or the leader or something meaning something that Nigeria is missing?

I think Oshiomole has to mean favour of the gods.

Help me here my Edo people please.

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Jaideyone(m): 6:43am On Feb 20, 2013
Lmao @good governance tour. Good governance my as*s. Corruption and power supply are the two major problems in Nigeria. Maina absconded to Singapore, another pension thief was freed by the court (corruption just dealt our dear Jonathan another upper cut) grin I've been in ibadan for 4 days plus and I've not seen light for even a minute both in agbowo and oniyanrin/nalende (definitely not transformer wahala). I must vote Jonah out in 2015 angry

Oh finally one reason to smile====> second to comment cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by piica(m): 6:59am On Feb 20, 2013
i trust oshiobaba. The tour is meaningless and wanton wastage,imagine in a country where unemployment is astronomical,i weep for my past action#voting jonathan#

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Abagworo(m): 7:05am On Feb 20, 2013
Great man. God will continue to bless you. Let all the ethnic jingoists continue wallowing in ignorance while Edo experiences new life. I always thought critics and activists don't make good leaders but you've proved me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by gramci: 7:15am On Feb 20, 2013
He said that the Good Governance team had sent in a proposal, imploring him to provide accommodation, feeding and logistics for over 120 delegates, when they visit the state next week.

120 delegates embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by seanet01: 7:15am On Feb 20, 2013
PDP is not the one to tell Edo people if Oshiomole have performed.
T.W.A.T.S

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2013
I like governor Oshiomole alot and he's definitely one very popular governor. However, he should watch it because he's beginning to exhibit arrogance and dictatorial tendencies.

I understand the national good governance tour is a programme of collaboration between the FG and 36 state govts (and FCT). I'm surprised the comrade governor now tagged the national good governance tour a "federal govt programme"

After watching some of the live telecast of the national good governance tour in some states, I concluded that we need more of such programmes. On every occasion that I watched the live telecast of the citizens forum, UNDILUTED questions were asked by citizens resident in any part of the world. And the governors and minister of information labour to provide answers to all the questions.

No matter how the comrade governor has performed, there are always issues and problems (some of which the governor may not be aware of) that may require further clarification.

Moreover, democracy is not a one man show. There should be continuous conversation between the leaders and followers. Avenues for such conversation can never be surplus. The good governance tour is one of such avenues for conversation between the leaders and the people.

If the governor can sponsor the camping of national football teams in Edo (which he has done in the past), he should be able to provide counterpart funds to support the 3days visit of the national good governance tour team to Edo state.

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Flye: 7:44am On Feb 20, 2013
Wooow!!! So it is state that is sponsouring this jamboree, a federal gov propagander where all they tell themselve is lies up and down, no one has the bull to ask sensible questions all what they do is praise.
OSHIOMOLEBABA KEEP IT UP.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by brownlord: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2013
Am proud to have u as my gov. All this aliyu, uduagan and pdp animals are not intelligent enuf to govern a state

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by seanet01: 8:00am On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I like governor Oshiomole alot and he's definitely one very popular governor. However, he should watch it because he's beginning to exhibit arrogance and dictatorial tendencies.

I understand the national good governance tour is a programme of collaboration between the FG and 36 state govts (and FCT). I'm surprised the comrade governor now tagged the national good governance tour a "federal govt programme"

After watching some of the live telecast of the national good governance tour in some states, I concluded that we need more of such programmes. On every occasion that I watched the live telecast of the citizens forum, UNDILUTED questions were asked by citizens resident in any part of the world. And the governors and minister of information labour to provide answers to all the questions.

No matter how the comrade governor has performed, there are always issues and problems (some of which the governor may not be aware of) that may require further clarification.

Moreover, democracy is not a one man show. There should be continuous conversation between the leaders and followers. Avenues for such conversation can never be surplus. The good governance tour is one of such avenues for conversation between the leaders and the people.

If the governor can sponsor the camping of national football teams in Edo (which he has done in the past), he should be able to provide counterpart funds to support the 3days visit of the national good governance tour team to Edo state.
Will you STFU?
How did you want Oshiomole to spend Edo state funds on some wannabe ediots?
If the FG want to check whether Edo is performing, They should check the result of the last gubernatorial elections.
You need to get a job.
Failed Dr. Ifeanyi

24 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 20, 2013
I hope the other opposition states take a cue from him.Good one oshiomhole !

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 20, 2013
ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY DELEGATES? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by GARRIx7(m): 8:58am On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I like governor Oshiomole alot and he's definitely one very popular governor. However, he should watch it because he's beginning to exhibit arrogance and dictatorial tendencies.

Senselessness at its PEAK....... angry

14 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Gentlegun(m): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2013
U just dey make noise(all na wash)
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by feelamong(m): 9:29am On Feb 20, 2013
When the so called good governance team came to Abia state, they passed a verdict that the clown in power there is doing a marvelous work!

The midget called Labaran looked at Abia people oand said he was impressed with the level of work done in that state.

Is that what the tour is all about? A band of clowns go on a circus and then end up by telling people that their folly has been worth the while! Tufia!!

9 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by GARRIx7(m): 9:36am On Feb 20, 2013
feelamong: When the so called good governance team came to Abia state, they passed a verdict that the clown in power there is doing a marvelous work!

The midget called Labaran looked at Abia people oand said he was impressed with the level of work done in that state.

Is that what the tour is all about? A band of clowns go on a circus and then end up by telling people that their folly has been worth the while! Tufia!!

That's the exact reason why no sensible state Governor would spend it's scarce resources financing about 120 M O R O N S....

9 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Jaideyone(m): 9:42am On Feb 20, 2013
GARRI (x7):

That's the exact reason why no sensible state Governor would spend it's scarce resources financing about 120 M O R O N S....
lmao

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by kelvincoll(m): 9:44am On Feb 20, 2013
Oshiomole you too talk ooh.... Nice one though, but nothing stops you from partnering with the Tour Team in showcasing your works to Nigerian out Edo and in Diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 20, 2013
Great to see Comrade Governor living up to his true calling by socking it to Maku and his bloated team of 120 choristers cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by GARRIx7(m): 10:03am On Feb 20, 2013
kelvincoll: Oshiomole you too talk ooh.... Nice one though, but nothing stops you from partnering with the Tour Team in showcasing your works to Nigerian out Edo and in Diaspora.

I guess you didn't see this part!!

I do not need them to come to tell Edo people how I built roads and schools. My achievement speaks for me.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by takedat(m): 10:10am On Feb 20, 2013
So Liebaran moves with all his laptop squad for the jamboree tours? Nice one Gov!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by GARRIx7(m): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2013
take dat: So Liebaran moves with all his laptop squad for the jamboree tours? Nice one Gov!

So silly9gerian, taharqa etc join for the tour abi??

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by eggheaders(m): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2013
another credible knock to the circus of the midget and his Co clowns.IMHO the tour is so needlessly and the lies been carried about during this needlessly circus is so nauseating. couple with the wastage of resources therein.I watched the one with t.a orji with a staunch pdp uncle of mine.and I was unable to change the channel I was pissed with the lies I was feeling like to slam the t v set on the floor.but finally walked out when the fool keep whining about uzor kalu for all the state misfortunes.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by takedat(m): 10:26am On Feb 20, 2013
GARRI (x7):

So silly9gerian, taharqa etc join for the tour abi??
I'm not mentioning names o, cos soon the lackeys and corporate tools will invade this thread!
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by GARRIx7(m): 10:38am On Feb 20, 2013
eggheaders: another credible knock to the circus of the midget and his Co clowns.IMHO the tour is so needlessly and the lies been carried about during this needlessly circus is so nauseating. couple with the wastage of resources therein.I watched the one with t.a orji with a staunch pdp uncle of mine.and I was unable to change the channel I was pissed with the lies I was feeling like to slam the t v set on the floor.but finally walked out when the fool keep whining about uzor kalu for all the state misfortunes.

Liebaran and his choir, moving from one state to the other, singing praises of both achievers and non-performers in exchange for "BROWN ENVELOPES"..

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by eggheaders(m): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Liebaran and his choir, moving from one state to the other, singing praises of both achievers and non-performers in exchange from "BROWN ENVELOPES"..

you can't be too far from the truth.a confirm crook that admitted on nation t v he collected bribe from subsidy guys as a student .brown envelope collection runs in is DNA.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 20, 2013

Dokita, don't you have patients to attend to?

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by ballabriggs: 10:45am On Feb 20, 2013
Another scam by the minister of misinformation Liebaran Maku aka fura de nunu minister.

I talk am, this man Maku is the most criminally minded minister in Zona's government. I thought they said Labaran Maku spends only N5 million in each of the states, funded by the ministry of misinformation's budget, managed by the project accountant bla bla bla. How come Maku has been extorting each state of the federation?

This man is a rogue! So you take money from the Ministry's budget and then go for egunje from the States. For what? To continue his consumption of fura de nunu.

JONA FIRE MAKU NOW!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 20, 2013
I agree with Oshiomole on this one, There is no need for good governance tour in the first place, its a needless jamboree. That being said, Do we need a Federal Ministry that goes around talking about good governance when its not yet Uhuru.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by eggheaders(m): 11:00am On Feb 20, 2013
Billyonaire: I agree with Oshiomole on this one, There is no need for good governance tour in the first place, its a needless jamboree. That being said, Do we need a Federal Ministry that goes around talking about good governance when its not yet Uhuru.

please let the real billionaire speak.this statement is so unlike his.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Elueme: 11:24am On Feb 20, 2013
Oshomohle should stop playing a hero and act appropriately. The national good governance tour I learnt was a product of a consensus between the federal executive council and the governor's forum and I am surprised that my Oshomohle is now dancing a different tune even when his argument against the said tour didn't sail through at the forum. Democracy is a game of both number and superior argument and he( Oshomohle) was short of these two virtues when the issue was discussed before the tour was formally endorsed.
The agreement was a partnership between the federal and state. The state provides accommodation and feeding for the visiting team which comprises Nigerian union of journalists, civil society Organisations as well as government officials.
Despite the monetary involvement, I think the concept behind this tour is commendable. This is what our media houses ought to live up to by taking their time to do a thorough investigative journalism to ascertain what government at all levels are doing in the areas of infrastructural development. The citizens fora which I have watched so far had afforded many opportunity to air tbeir views and also to make contribution by way of informing the govt or suggestion on pertinent issues. Also, this tour will make many state governors to seat up, if regularized.
My humble advise is for the governor to play along if he had nothing to hide.. His position is most uncalled for and amount to being a betrayal. He is unnecessarily putting the state in the news for the wrong reasons but most unfortunately some may not see it this way that Oshomohle, though a good and a pragmatic leader, is an opportunist.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ABIA STATE #abia Anthem And What Each Item In The New Abia Logo Represents / Onnoghen: IPOB Accuses NJC Of Bias. / Kwankwaso: "Security Vote Is A Fraud"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.