Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

PHCN Fixed Monthly Charges On Prepaid Meter Is Unacceptable - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHCN Fixed Monthly Charges On Prepaid Meter Is Unacceptable (1485 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Fixed Monthly Charges On Prepaid Meter Is Unacceptable by benzion72(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
Fixed charges payment on PHCN prepaid meter is an open day robbery on the consumer. What is the purpose of such charges and to what use will such great amount will put into. We all know the epileptic availability of power in Nigeria why will Nigerian be made to pay 500 Naira every month to maintain inefficiency.

If you load you prepaid meter in January and due to non availability of power you did not exhaust your credit until December of the same year. You will be made to pay an abysmal 5500 in December being fixed charges on monthly use of electricity. This is totally wrong and unacceptable.

I would rather PHCN factor the fixed charges on the cost of electricity than a fixed monthly deduction for power that is not available.

I am using this medium to call all nigerian to reject this open daylight robbery and the regulatory authority to stop the monthly fixed charges that serve no purpose other than exploitation of Nigeria
Re: PHCN Fixed Monthly Charges On Prepaid Meter Is Unacceptable by badpeople: 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
I support you my broda,last month i was in Phcn office to recharge my meter card with N5000 which i normally load every month, am surprised when they deducted N1500, i demand an explanation, they started telling me stories that am owning fixed charge N500 for three months making N1,500, i shouted why? daylight robbery
Re: PHCN Fixed Monthly Charges On Prepaid Meter Is Unacceptable by halimat1985(f): 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
Supported!
These clowns just keep looking for ways of milking us dry.
Why should we pay fixed monthly charges at all?
Are they trying to charge the heavy power user and the poor man the same monthly rates?
Re: PHCN Fixed Monthly Charges On Prepaid Meter Is Unacceptable by infofta(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
The 500 naira fixed fee is to cover up for those that will by-pass. We know some Nigerians will by-pass their meter. Lol. On a serious note I support you. It is absolutely nosense.
Re: PHCN Fixed Monthly Charges On Prepaid Meter Is Unacceptable by benzion72(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2012
Can somebody kindly take this to the front page please

(1) (Reply)

Calabar Or Uyo? Which Will Be Better? / Make Something Out Of Your Life. / Popcorn Busines;i.t Student Help Help And Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.