Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,292 members, 7,860,702 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125659 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by gykes(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
playah P: I'm not denying those boys were "cultists". But they are not robbers and have never robbed before.
Whenever I watch the video, I cry over again!!
I am not holy, I've made some mistakes, but God knows that everyone that as much as laid fingers on them will rot in prison!!....
I would personally love to torture that guy with the sweat shirt!!....*he is the guy that placed the tires on their neck*.
I learnt his name is akc (abbreviated).... No further details!!

My dear before making threats and saying things blatantly on the net, know there are people who are here just to gather information... I'm an ikwerre boy and I stay here in Rivers State (PH precisely), I know those boys weren't robbers neither did they kill anybody, stories from known maff men in my school is that they were on a mission to mutiny (decoup) their don. And for the fact that U'r a mafia urself doesn't mean u should make open threats. Plz think of ur parents and ur future. Its best u learn from their mistake and quit!!

Jesus needs you....
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Pennywise(m): 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
I really like to know the jeans-wearing chief priest administering final rites in the pix above? I hope this is sufficient warning to wanna be cultists and robbers to stay away from Aluu village
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
girl king: Those boys were not theives. U guys should get the gist straight. And I suggest this thread be closed. It is bad enough that the boys were treated unfairly.They shouldn't be abused like this in their graves for offences they didn't commit. May their souls rest in peace. And may God give Their family and friends(especially my friend Kingsley who was a freind to Ugo until his death) the heart to bear the loss. Amen.

Since you know them so well, what were they?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
wonderful things are happening here o
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
Odunnu:
I told another MOD sometime back I was in support of this kinda jungle and he was stone shocked! When a very close friend/colleague narrated to me how these depraved scums ravaged her womanhood and still stole from her, I went mad. I go to hospitals very often to visit inpatients and a thousand and one of them are in the hospital because of the activities of these lazy wicked beings.
The police? That doesnt work here neither does the judiciary do. Jungle justice is the option now to have a safer Nigeria where I can sleep with both eyes closed and wake up with my stuff intact, where my children can go to school without being harrassed.

Honey, I agree with you.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
For the records there has still not be electricity in the entire Aluu community since Independence day, my journalistic sojourn ends this night as we would be returning to base tomorrow.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
otokx: For the records there has still not be electricity in the entire Aluu community since Independence day, my journalistic sojourn ends this night as we would be returning to base tomorrow.

go and torture and burn phcn official. Seems to be THE solution
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
some-girl:

go and torture and burn phcn official. Seems to be THE solution

some-girl please get yourself together and be reasonable, try to look at the big picture.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
what is the big picture?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
2mch:

You sure do have a feeling of self importance. When the people of Aluu were sufferring over the incessant attacks. Their wives and girl children being molested and traumatized. Their men being humiliated and debased, what did your cult group advise its members? What did the government or police do about it? The people have decided to take the matter into their own hands, and they have every right. In a country where lawlessness prevails and only robbers and armed forces have access to weapons, the people have every right to create their own courts and dispense justice. Traditional laws are still recognised in Nigeria. Next time when you send little boys on a mission, remember if they die, the blood will be forever on your hands. Should anyone try to take any action on the villagers, if you are all wiped out in that school, nothing will happen. They can rain hell on your school and close it down. How dare you even insinuate that it is okay for people to be terrorized on their ancestral homes by stupid, greedy, twats. Their parents should go and bury their dead. The dead body they will carry is a reflection of their wonderful parenting. No responsible parent will breed a cultist or a thief. The sins of the fathers come to mind here. Who knows what the fathers have done in the dark, for shame to be metted on them for generations like this. Some family members will have to change name now. grin

Choi! See wisdom talking o! shocked

Abeg which brand of beer do you drink, and is 2 crates sufficient? I'm buying.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
some-girl:
what is the big picture?

that people should fear God and depart from iniquity.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
just learnt 1 new one - Ikwerre me kah, hope i got that right, its fun to stay in a rural modern society.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
some-girl:

A murder I would take pleasure in watching.
Same pleasure pdude derived from seeking out the videos of the boys being tortured and their facebook profiles.

He better not beg for mercy.

Hi luv, can you see that both of us aren't very different cheesy

The debased beasts within us long for the sight of spilled blood, but for different reasons. But all the same, we want to see spilled blood.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
otokx:

that people should fear God and depart from iniquity.

Stripping and beating would have been sufficient to teach little boys that.
This has will not move the real criminals. Would only make them more cautious and dangerous.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Weave: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
y are u so wicked and heartless, equalizing their lives to money, because urs is so cheap doesnt mean others are. if u havent sinned before, throw the first stone.
WICKEDNESS of the highest order sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Human right people should do something, oh i forgot its 9ja sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

thorlexfreezy: Na wetin gud 4 Dem b dat jare,dem go rob their fellow student come dey do big boy 4 sch. Make dem go hell fire go obtain d devil na! Mstchewww awon oloshi.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
visited this particular estate where the tenants have been packing out of 2 bedrooms worth 250k per annum due to incessant robbery, the landlord's income per annum for the next year would be short by N1m as 4 tenants moved out. 1 of this tenant only just packed in 5 weeks ago but abandoned the money and house and moved to the Mgbuoba area. Now multiply this incident by at least 20 then you know what the community has lost in economic terms.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ignis: 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
Good riddance to bad rubish. I think there are many lessons for thieves and arm robbers to learn from this story. Experience is the teacher of all men. if jungle justice continues like this, robery will definately reduce.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
@otokx

Thanks for the updates. Appreciate. I just sent you a mail
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Ibime(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
I have just watched all 7 videos. . . mehn, these guys are brutal.

Ugonna was trying to defend his friends from the mob, and even consoling them. He was the last to the die. Even the guys that killed him were saying "oboy this boy na strong guy o!"

The shame about this matter is than one hundred people were talking at once, never giving the boys a chance to speak. Even when the boys were trying to speak, you could not know what they were saying.

Where are the so-called elders in this village who are supposed to give a fair abritration and allow everyone chance to speak?

I have seen jungle justice before where some guys from my estate have beaten a man (stealing food) half to death and are about to lynch him, when my father showed up and told the youth to let the man go because only a hungry man steals food, and he probably did so out of complete desperation. And that was what saved the man's life.

Even when my father was talking, the whole mob went quiet.

The elders in this village should be ashamed of themselves. How can one hundred men be shouting and beating 4 young boys and no elder can silence the crowd to hear the boys version of events?

Lloyd Michael was crying his eyes out because he could not convince anyone that they were not armed robbers cos everyone was shouting at the same time.

Tekena gave up early and just accepted his fate, after some stunning blows to the head.

Ugonna was still standing up, as if in disbelief that these guys are really about to kill him, still discussing the matter with confidence that this cannot happen to him.

Regardless of what these cult boys get up to in their spare time, none of these boys was caught in any act. They shoulda been allowed to speak for themselves.

This is barbaric, and any children watching this show of shame would grow to have little value for human life.

The lesson here to young men is stay away from cults cos you never know where your midnight parades would land you.

You hear of friends in cult dying in car crashes on their way back from midnight meeting. You hear of others who suffered a swift bullet to the head. This one is a case of cult boys who went on parole at the wrong place at the wrong time. Please, cult is not a game.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
otokx: visited this particular estate where the tenants have been packing out of 2 bedrooms worth 250k per annum due to incessant robbery, the landlord's income per annum for the next year would be short by N1m as 4 tenants moved out. 1 of this tenant only just packed in 5 weeks ago but abandoned the money and house and moved to the Mgbuoba area. Now multiply this incident by at least 20 then you know what the community has lost in economic terms.
then let the real criminals be caught not young men.
I went a uni in Nigeria for some time, I personally knew cult guys and the cults some belonged to yet never for once heard of anyone killed in the uni or surrounding villages.

Cultism is bad I believe but not all cultists are murderers or terrorists etc.
Most people did st-upid things in their youth, these were just young men, people's babies, killed just like animals.

They should have been shot instead.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Okijajuju1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
otokx: visited this particular estate where the tenants have been packing out of 2 bedrooms worth 250k per annum due to incessant robbery, the landlord's income per annum for the next year would be short by N1m as 4 tenants moved out. 1 of this tenant only just packed in 5 weeks ago but abandoned the money and house and moved to the Mgbuoba area. Now multiply this incident by at least 20 then you know what the community has lost in economic terms.

You know what's funny, The only robbery I have experienced in my life was in Mgbuoba... 1993 to be precise.. The solution remains a single barrel 12-gauge pump action.. It's legal to own in Nigeria.. And you have a constitutional right to protect yourself.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
As a reporter one must carry all sides so there is this particular student chap in SSLT who stays in the vallandy area the street before the now infamous coca cola street, he say everything is assumption that yes there has been serious robbery incidents and kidnapping but he is sad at the way the boys were killed. He says the one wey pain am na as police dey come dey look dey go in different vans. He says cultists are also human beings with human rights. When asked if armed robbers were criminals he agreed, then we asked him if kidnappers were criminals and he also agreed. We asked for his ID card and he said it had expired nevertheless we begged him to carry it along each time he is strolling in the area.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Pennywise(m): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
I find it hard to understand why pple feel sorry for these four. They were going to 'overthrow' a capone. Exactly how did they plan to do that? Show him a knife and make him relinquish authority? They were there to commit murder. But the villagers as it turned out prevented that from happening and then went ahead to mete their evil intent on the cultists.

Should I feel sorry for them? No. Should I feel sorry for their parents? Hell no.In all I would say yesterday was a good day for all innocents and victims of cult-related activities.

The belief generally held that student cultism is for the tough guys couldnt be farther from the truth. The motivation frequently is insecurity for those who seek to join and a lack of courage to say no when approached. Nothing more.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
ignis: Good riddance to bad rubish. I think there are many lessons for thieves and arm robbers to learn from this story. Experience is the teacher of all men. if jungle justice continues like this, robery will definately reduce.

I disagree with the above. Jungle Justice has been alive and well in Nigeria, for over 40 years, and the spate of robberies are not reducing, if anything, they're actually on the increase. All this public torture and lynching does is create a more resistant and savage breed of criminals. The bloodlust is growing, both in the public, and bandits alike.

Jungle Justice achieves nothing.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
@Ibime

it is claimed that the elders meeting with them was not videoed, it was also argued that the length of time after their capture and eventually reaching the burrow pit where the main beating began was about 6 hours. The police could have intervened long before then, the university authorities too could have reached out to the community but everyone in that area is really tired of the terror that has been in Aluu for the past 3 months. This was more of opportunity bad one though meeting with chance and since the boys hands were not particularly clean then it was just a case of too bad.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ignis: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
some-girl:

the dead don't learn lessons
And the dead don't go about stealing and robbing.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
otokx: @Ibime

it is claimed that the elders meeting with them was not videoed, it was also argued that the length of time after their capture and eventually reaching the burrow pit where the main beating began was about 6 hours. The police could have intervened long before then, the university authorities too could have reached out to the community but everyone in that area is really tired of the terror that has been in Aluu for the past 3 months. This was more of opportunity bad one though meeting with chance and since the boys hands were not particularly clean then it was just a case of too bad.

Check ur mailbox. I sent you a mail.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Siena:

I disagree with the above. Jungle Justice has been alive and well in Nigeria, for over 40 years, and the spate of robberies are not reducing, if anything, they're actually on the increase. All this public torture and lynching does is create a more resistant and savage breed of criminals. The bloodlust is growing, both in the public, and bandits alike.

Jungle Justice achieves nothing.

Jungle justice has liberated a place like Alakahia and Rumuekini, men you boys need to go to the pritasio area and see what our young girls are wearing outside, tight, small bum shorts all over the place with the twins praising the lord in a cool evening breeze under some skimpy top, we hear that this type of dressing is not allowed in Alakahia and Rumuekini due to the vigilante tight control. You can't also run generator 24/7 in those areas.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
1. Were the boys moving around in the area suspiciously and at a suspicious time? Yes.

2. Were they armed? Yes. With small knives as they claimed. The size of the weapon doesn't matter.

3. Were they able to identify themselves with ID tags or student ID cards? No.

Sound like they were cultists/robbers to me.

If it looks like a cultist, acts like a cultist and moves like a cultist, then it is a cultist.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by playahP(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
otokx: @Ibime

it is claimed that the elders meeting with them was not videoed, it was also argued that the length of time after their capture and eventually reaching the burrow pit where the main beating began was about 6 hours. The police could have intervened long before then, the university authorities too could have reached out to the community but everyone in that area is really tired of the terror that has been in Aluu for the past 3 months. This was more of opportunity bad one though meeting with chance and since the boys hands were not particularly clean then it was
just a case of too bad.

can you please forward the videos to my mail box; @ icebeatz@gmail.com

That you very much.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
and the debate still continues.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
otokx:

Jungle justice has liberated a place like Alakahia and Rumuekini, men you boys need to go to the pritasio area and see what our young girls are wearing outside, tight, small bum shots all over the place, we hear that is not allowed in Alakahia and Rumuekini due to the vigilante tight control. You can't also run generator 24/7 in these areas.

Wow so vigilante now dictate what people should wear?
Upon all our "morality" Nigeria still has one of the highest crime and HIV infection rates in the world.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (52) (Reply)

Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens / More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.