Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125417 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
If these boys weren't murderers and/ or rapists, I do hope those that beat and burnt them are tortured and have their arms and legs amputated to serve as a deterrent to jungle judges.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
Goldieluks:

I still do not support this barbaric act. Look at the pain in their eyes for goodness sake.

Just my opinion.

maybe if you saw the pain in the eyes of their victims. . .

you really have no idea how callous, bold and cold blooded these boys must have been. you have no idea how many people they must have killed

a colleague's friend was robbed and killed two nights ago. same MO small boys with guns. took his laptop and blackberry and shot him. he left behind a wife and child

its is boys like this who r-aped and killed cynthia okusogwu and rap-ed and robbed the other girls who have been coming forward

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nebeuwa(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
So there is no more rule of law in Nigeria?

Does the crime fit the punishment?

Seems a little (a lot) hypocritical of those villagers to attack these young men, when Nigerian politicians are known for stealing from the nation's coffers.

This was way too barbaric for my eyes.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by sapien(m): 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
Though,I am a student of Uniport and I know of the heinous activities these evil cult boys perpetrate every night on Aluu residents,watching the video some couple of minutes ago,however, almost brought tears to my eyes.The ways those guys were killed is Barbaric and outlandish;they were lynched and burnt by fierce looking mobs!The sight was so gory.We shouldn't take law into our own hands.This is the 21st century for crying out loud!Jungle justice should have demised years ago.Isn't it because of crime that security forces like the police exist?Why couldn't the bandits be handed to the police after they had been caught?The perpetrators of this barbaric act should all be apprehended and should be made to face the full wrath of the law.Nigeria is such a fuc.ked up country!SMH!

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
esere826:

You're actually proud of, and gloating for being a coward?? Wow!!!

I bet your type would be rare in the middle east sad

I ONLY FIGHT WORTHY BATTLES. FIGHTING OVER MATERIAL GOODS IS NOT A WORTHY BATTLE TO ME.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by DisGuy: 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
Nebeuwa: So there is no more rule of law in Nigeria?

Seems a little (a lot) hypocritical of those villagers to attack these young men, when Nigerian politicians are known for stealing from the nation's coffers.

This was way too barbaric for my eyes.

in reality you think if these so called politicians walked the streets of nigeria without armed guards they wont get the same treatment?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: NO I THINK BEFORE I ACT. THATS WHAT SEPERATES HUMANS FROM ANIMALS.

yeah right
when you have a family to protect and they are in danger of being harmed and you are able to think very clearly come back and post.
until then, shut up

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ellab(f): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
Well,some say they aint thieves but new recruits of cults sent out to prove themselves and they stole from people and killed them.
God help us all.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
-
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
Nebeuwa: So there is no more rule of law in Nigeria?

do you have any idea of the mental trauma armed robbers cause people?

inability to sleep at night, curtailing of so many of your activities, paranoia , PTSD etal?

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by BrutusOj(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
redsun:

It doesnt work like that,those petty criminals are a result of the criminals on top.The cleaning should start from the top,when the top is clean,you dont need to bother cleaning the bottom.But no matter how you clean the bottom,the deluge from the top will still conterminate the bottom.
Do u count 10 bfor counting 1 in de system of counting? D problem of this contri is from the grass root..we de less priviledge torture each oda in difrent ways;robbing,cheating,..etc,when we clean d mess within us,we can proceed to d top..if de can robb,why not go into kidnaping of d rich wch is popular nd almost acepted cos it' dealing wit d rich some how
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

maybe if you saw the pain in the eyes of their victims. . .

you really have no idea how callous, bold and cold blooded these boys must have been. you have no idea how many people they must have killed

a colleague's friend was robbed and killed two nights ago. same MO small boys with guns. took his laptop and blackberry and shot him. he left behind a wife and child

its is boys like this who r-aped and killed cynthia okusogwu and rap-ed and robbed the other girls who have been coming forward

Gbam!!!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
I don't condone theft or armed robbery in any away................

The punishment these men had upon them doesn't fit the crime they had committed...... This jungle justice is disgusting.......... How do you sleep when you've just burnt laptop and blackberry thieves alive?

They weren't even harmed!!

Why can't these same people go to our senators and politicians ( bigger thieves), and burn them alive?

Okay, why is burning alive one type of thief okay, and the other, (politicians), not okay? It is the failure of our politicians that is causing all these problem. Why Allu people ( the people that burnt these student alive) never went after their politicians (bigger thieves) is beyond me.

We seriously have a long way to go......

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
sapien: Though,I am a student of Uniport and I know of the heinous activities these evil cult boys perpetrate every night on Aluu residents,watching the video some couple of minutes ago,however, almost brought tears to my eyes.The ways those guys were killed is Barbaric and outlandish;they were lynched and burnt by fierce looking mobs!We shouldn't take law into our own hands.This is the 21st century for crying out loud!Jungle justice should have demised years ago.Isn't it because of crime that security forces like the police exist?Why couldn't the bandits be handed to the police after they had been caught?The perpetrators of this barbaric act should all be apprehended and should be made to face the full wrath of the law.Nigeria is such a fuc.ked up country!SMH!

Which police? The same police that will release the boys for lack of evidence and in fact their influential parents will see to it that they return back to uniport to complete their studies. What you guys should be talking is how court procedures and processes can be fast tracked so that people can believe in the formal legal system. These guys passed through the informal legal system which is not illegal.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by israelbenzion: 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
djeezy: What the people did was jungle justice. People should learn not to take laws into their hands. The police is there and a competent court of law to try them. And moreover the crime they commited under the penal(criminal code) is not commensurate to the punishment been inflicted on the suspects. I still call them suspect because Section 36(5) CFRN 1999 provides that every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. The killing of the suspects by the people is what happens in a lawless society where, only the strong survive and people resort to jungle justice. Inasmuch as I'm not trying to justify the act of stealing, in strictu sensu am speaking on strict legality. They deserved a fair hearing which is their fundamental right. What the people did is unlawful and ultra vires.

Lawyer, Uniport is in Southern Nigeria and it is d Criminal Code Act or even d Criminal Code Law of Rivers State that shd apply there, not Penal Code. On all other issues u r on point.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nebeuwa(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

do you have any idea of the mental trauma armed robbers cause people?

inability to sleep at night, curtailing of so many of your activities, paranoia , PTSD etal?

I can understand your anger, but that is why the rule of law needs to be strengthened in Nigeria. I see the criminality of these miscreants as no different as the high level criminality found amongst Nigerian politicians.

The only different between those two groups is that Nigerians will use jungle justice on one, while salute the other. That does not make sense in my opinion.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by polokor60(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
finito
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
@otokx

Where is the video?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by dnawah(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx: @oyb

sorry, hope you have recovered fast? these armed robbers have been terrorizing the place for some time now, you can check my blog in my signature to recount my experience. In fact a neighbor who moved in after paying 300k left after staying for 6 weeks dashing the landlord his rent due to the frequency of visits.

From what we just gathered this robbers 5 of them after robbing went to a hideout to pack the loot hoping for day to break when they will emerge from the bush and blend in like normal people but a palm wine tapper saw them and after over hearing their conversation alerted the vigilante. The aluu community of umucholu or so have been wrongly accused in the past of aiding this criminals, some even said it was the community youth. The people rose as one then went to arrest them together with the exhibits and took them to the village elders who after examining them found them guilty. It was then they were taking to the nearby burrow pit where dustbin is thrown and giving a very generous beating and later burned with fire, it appears 2 died in the course of the beating.

The tale goes that a team of police came in a van but where chased away by the community who formed a human shield and also pelted them with stones. The sister of one of the boys came around and was crying that she has been warning her brother to stay away from such bad company and that only the previous day the parents sent 60k which she gave to him. Oh well they got what they deserved and who ever says its jungle justice should have his head examined. The elders declared them guilty. This is a country where i build my house, generate my electricity, pump my water and even build my road then you talk of government. In fact i pay police monthly so that if i call within 5 minutes they should be around just in case criminals like this come my way. Anyway, typical of the situation, one of the fathers of the boy is connected and went to get JTF to come and start shooting sporadically, he later exclaimed that he gave the boy 52k earlier. It is said that JTF went away with the bodies and i wonder what for?

They were 5 in all but 1 escaped in the process of being captured by the vigilante, 1 of the 4 had done and failed the remedial programme in UNIPORT and had been hanging around the environment which is typical of most boys and girls in UNIPORT. It is not everybody you see that says he is a student of UNIPORT that is o. The other day a parent told me that he does not want his son to return to the house when it was obvious that he was going to fail out of the basic remedial program. This same guy that was buying A1 in private secondary school was scoring 144 in post utme, 136 in islt entrance exam and 29/100 in the remedial program. The remaining 3 are students but trust UNIPORT to soon go on air and declare to the whole world that those people are not their students - that is how we keep deceiving ourselves in this country.
oboy u r really raini through the school & d school is also passin through u,good info keep us updated;-)
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by jude33084(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
freecocoa: I'm not ikwerre abeg.

I ask because U̶̲̅ used τhe word "kwanu" smiley I once lived in Rumuduru off east west road so I know smiley
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
obo_man: I don't condone theft or armed robbery in any away................

The punishment these men had upon them doesn't fit the crime they had committed...... This jungle justice is disgusting.......... How do you sleep when you've just burnt laptop and blackberry thieves alive?

They weren't even harmed!!

Why can't these same people go to our senators and politicians ( bigger thieves), and burn them alive?

Okay, why is burning alive one type of thief okay, and the other, (politicians), not okay? It is the failure of our politicians that is causing all these problem. Why Allu people ( the people that burnt these student alive) never went after their politicians (bigger thieves) is beyond me.

We seriously have a long way to go......

Are you for real? You have never experienced armed robbery or you wont talk like this? The politicians are not the cause of anything, its the failure of the family system and society as a whole where we celebrate wealth no matter how it is gotten.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
some-girl:

yeah right
when you have a family to protect and they are in danger of being harmed and you are able to think very clearly come back and post.
until then, shut up
I HAVE FACED THE GUN NUMEROUS TIMES AND THE MACHETE NUMEROUS TIMES AND BEEN CHASED IN MY CAR BY ARMED ROBBERS NUMEROUS TIMES AND I KEPT MY COOL AND HANDLED THE SITUATION WITH THE GRACE OF GOD OF COURSE, HENCE WHY I GOT THE FORK OUTTA NAIJA grin grin.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by tpia5: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
these punishments dont deter robbers in any way, is the problem.

they even recruit more youths and intensify their raids, after.

and there is no clear accusation concerning the dead suspects.

they should have been handed over to the police.

even here on nl you see the illiterates [probably robbers] trying to criminalize others over their names,which hand they use, language spoken, etc. This is one of the reasons why jungle justice is dangerous.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by esere826: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: I ONLY FIGHT WORTHY BATTLES. FIGHTING OVER MATERIAL GOODS IS NOT A WORTHY BATTLE TO ME.

Dude, you'd better admit to yourself that you screwed up (which is past tense)

The alternative would be that you're obviously frozen as a mental zygote which is pathetic
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by tunapawizzy: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
HYPOCRISY will not kill nigerians. If ur daughter or wife had been raped by armed robbers b4 ..u wouldn't be on d side of dese guyz. Armed robbers(esp d ones dt operate in school environments) not only steal, they rape and do all sort of things to people. Anything that will deter others from taking after these silly boys I support. If u r useless enuff to take armed robbery as a means of livelihood, then u deserve to die shamelessly. Pity their parents anyways

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
pDude: @otokx

Where is the video?

saw some guys watching it on one's guy second hand uk used BB which may have been stolen for all you know.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Henry40: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
some-girl:
If these boys weren't murderers and/ or rapists, I do hope those that beat and burnt them are tortured and have their arms and legs amputated to serve as a deterrent to jungle judges.

I know of a 'converted' robber who once made a confession in my presence. He spoke of a robbery in which he and his partner gained access into the house of a young couple with a new-born baby. He took the baby from his cot and threatened to smash him on the wall if the couple didn't cooperate. They were slow in cooperation, so he smashed the baby on the wall. He died instantly. At that point, his mother lost her senses and held on to him screaming "kill me too!" The neighbors were alerted and they had to bail!!!

Just because this article was silent on whether or not they've killed or ra.ped anyone doesn't mean they haven't, IT'S A PART OF THEIR JOB, AND AT SOME POINT, THEY'D BE FORCED TO DO IT!!! ANYONE WITH A MIND TO ROB HAS A MIND TO KILL!! I've known a few ex robbers, at least. NOT ONE OF THEM HAS NEVER KILLED OR RAP.ED!!!

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by DisGuy: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
sapien: Though,I am a student of Uniport and I know of the heinous activities these evil cult boys perpetrate every night on Aluu residents,watching the video some couple of minutes ago,however, almost brought tears to my eyes.The ways those guys were killed is Barbaric and outlandish;they were lynched and burnt by fierce looking mobs!The sight was so gory.We shouldn't take law into our own hands.This is the 21st century for crying out loud!Jungle justice should have demised years ago.Isn't it because of crime that security forces like the police exist?Why couldn't the bandits be handed to the police after they had been caught?The perpetrators of this barbaric act should all be apprehended and should be made to face the full wrath of the law.Nigeria is such a fuc.ked up country!SMH!

you went to look for the video, you didnt look for videos of these guys in action? you missed their fierce looking guns and barbaric behaviour?
this is the 21century for goodness sake!! dont enter peoples house to steal phones and money you didnt work for! dont rape people!
these guys dont face the full wrath of the law why do you think these vigilantes would get '21 century' justice?

The Jungle has its own rule!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by dnawah(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: YOU GUYS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE HANDGUNS. GET A WELDER WHO YOU KNOW AND THEN GO ON YOUTUBE AND GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE GLOCKS AND AMMOS. HAVE THE WELDER DO THE WORK. wink
pls report urself to the nearest police station
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
esere826:

Dude, you'd better admit to yourself that you screwed up (which is past tense)

The alternative would be that you're obviously frozen as a mental zygote which is pathetic

LIKE I SAID, I ONLY FIGHT WORTHY BATTLES. I REFUSE TO SEE THIS AS A WORTHY BATTLE. ITS PETTY. WHEN CHRIST CALLS ME TO THAT BATTLE OF ARMAGGEDDON ? NOW THATS A BATTLE WORTH FIGHTING FOR
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: I HAVE FACED THE GUN NUMEROUS TIMES AND THE MACHETE NUMEROUS TIMES AND BEEN CHASED IN MY CAR BY ARMED ROBBERS NUMEROUS TIMES AND I KEPT MY COOL AND HANDLED THE SITUATION WITH THE GRACE OF GOD OF COURSE, HENCE WHY I GOT THE FORK OUTTA NAIJA grin grin.

easier to take chances with your own life than those of your loved one. You can't let robbers into your house with your little children and wife and "keep your cool".
Do you realize that when one becomes a parent, their children's well being becomes priority?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by polokor60(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
the end(jungle justice at it's best)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.