Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! (1915 Views)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by james1(m): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
Senator oluremi tinubu asking the house to pass a vote of no confidence on the FG is not just callous but also to belittle all efforts taken so far as regards the issue of security by the GEJ led administration.
I firmly believe she is acting out a script doctored by her hubby,Tinubu.
It is utterly condemnable!
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Akshow: 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
stop whinin Abeg. Is she the only senator wit zero trust in Mr president. Free her Joor
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by EkoIle1: 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
Akshow: stop whinin Abeg. Is she the only senator wit zero trust in Mr president. Free her Joor

You are irresponsible and your thread is equally irresponsible.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by warrior01: 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
Pls pardon her; she didn't even know the meaning of what she said. Since others were talking she decided to talk too.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by aryzgreat: 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
warrior01: Pls pardon her; she didn't even know the meaning of what she said. Since others were talking she decided to talk too.

dat cosmetic face na minus 1 for senate. wonder wot she is doing there. senator indeed. so much for Tinubu's Asiwaju Company Of Nigeria performing senators. Does she know how they pass bill there?

1 Like

Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Elueme: 7:22am On Oct 06, 2012
That one! We should give kudos to her for summoning courage to utter a word in the chambers after two years of acting like a statue. My only surprise is that she doesn't even understand her own statement, she also wanted to talk since others are talking and since talk is cheap so she talked the talk grin grin shocked shocked kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Aderostock(m): 7:40am On Oct 06, 2012
Igbo, Igbo, Igbo! How many times did I call you? Leave yoruba politicians alone for heaven sake. Even animals do not have confidence in FG. Thats why she was elected into the senate. There are so many senators in Southeast, southsouth, notheast etc and what have they done / said. I beg leave her alone

1 Like

Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by james1(m): 10:30am On Oct 06, 2012
Am not picking on her;I just believe a senator should make guided statements.
Is the issue of security an exclusive preserve of the president?
Anyone who want to be honest knows the president is facing a really hard time due to the fact that crazy elements bent on bringing to nothing all the work done by the GEJ led administration yet.
With all the security challenges deliberately created by some people.its not a time for unguided statements.
It's a time for senators like her to support the president with sponsoring bills that will alleviate the suffering of the people affected by those crazy terrorist and help the law officers on the field get more funding.
Instead she opened her mouth and quickly said the first thing that came up without thinking.unbecoming of a senator!

1 Like

Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Smooyis(m): 10:43am On Oct 06, 2012
Pls leave mama alone. Does anyone still have confidence in this govt dat has wasted so many innocent lives when we are not in war, and squandered so much resources dat could have been channelled to improving lives. Lets stop deceiving ourselves. Gej govt is helpless. The president should be truthful to himself and to the oath he took during inauguration. We surely need a new direction, a new thinking and a new way of doing things. And i think dats what senator remi tinubu seems to be saying. She should not be misquoted. Lets stop discrediting our leaders. Afterall, we want to be like them someday.Pls leave mama alone. Does anyone has confidence in this govt dat has wasted so many innocent lives when we are not in war. Lets stop deceiving ourselves. Gej govt is helpless. The president should be truthful to himself and to the oath he took during inauguration. We surely need a new direction, a new thinking and a new way of doing things. And i think dats what senator remi tinubu seems to be saying. She should not be misquoted. Lets stop discrediting our leaders. Afterall, we want to be like them someday.Pls leave mama alone. Does anyone has confidence in this govt dat has wasted so many innocent lives when we are not in war. Lets stop deceiving ourselves. Gej govt is helpless. The president should be truthful to himself and to the oath he took during inauguration. We surely need a new direction, a new thinking and a new way of doing things. And i think dats what senator remi tinubu seems to be saying. She should not be misquoted. Lets stop discrediting our leaders. Afterall, we want to be like them someday.

1 Like

Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Flygeriansteve: 10:57am On Oct 06, 2012
Mr OP, if you live in this country at all, you'd know that dis FG has failed Nigerians. Whether it makes 'efforts' to curb insecurity like you opined; or it pays no serious attention to growing anarchy by mostly underplaying the menace, or even ludicrously denying it exists, or giving a slap-on-the-wrist treatments to terrorists-- like I think--(it doesnt matter what I think though), the truth is that if a govt cannot ensure the protection of the life and property of its citizens and maintain law and order, it is a failed govt just like the govts of Syria, Yemen, Lybia et al. (we're moving in that direction). So I think she is wrong for coming out to state the obvious!
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by demmie1: 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
Elueme: That one! We should give kudos to her for summoning courage to utter a word in the chambers after two years of acting like a statue. My only surprise is that she doesn't even understand her own statement, she also wanted to talk since others are talking and since talk is cheap so she talked the talk grin grin shocked shocked kiss kiss
well you are right at that. if talk is not cheap you dumbasses on the nairaland wouldn't be gibbering nonsense.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
james1: Senator oluremi tinubu asking the house to pass a vote of no confidence on the FG is not just callouse but also to bellitle all efforts taken so far as regards the issue of security by the GEJ led administration.
I firmly believe she is acting out a script doctored by her hubby,thievenubu.

dude are you from the moon? only m.orons with their heads in pit latrines have faith in this federal govt(FG)fisheries class(FC)
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Zutchy: 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
The good senator asking for the senate to pass a vote of no confidence on the FG is totally irresponsible and uncalled for,on what grounds will we say that the vote should be caried out on,is the fact that the FG is seriously battling with sponsored insurgency and winning,or that the economy of the country is gradually picking up despite the security challenge that the country is passing through,or the fact that the govt is making headway in different sectors of the economy,power,agriculture.or the fact that unlike before accountability and transparency is beginning to come into play in all dealings of govt.i believe she was just acting out a script handed to her by her husband.

1 Like

Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Zutchy: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
Flygeriansteve: Mr OP, if you live in this country at all, you'd know that dis FG has failed Nigerians. Whether it makes 'efforts' to curb insecurity like you opined; or it pays no serious attention to growing anarchy by mostly underplaying the menace, or even ludicrously denying it exists, or giving a slap-on-the-wrist treatments to terrorists-- like I think--(it doesnt matter what I think though), the truth is that if a govt cannot ensure the protection of the life and property of its citizens and maintain law and order, it is a failed govt just like the govts of Syria, Yemen, Lybia et al. (we're moving in that direction). So I think she is wrong for coming out to state the obvious!
Don't the state governors have a role to play in the security of lives and property,if truly there has been a breakdown of law and order in some states the right thing in any civilized society is to first of all call on the governors of those states to resign,before you start calling on the FG,but I don't hear anybody asking Govs Shettima,Jang or Kwankwaso to resign so how come Oluremi Tinubu is now calling on the senate to pass a vote of no confidence on the FG.There is peace and calm in almost every other part of the country,lives and properties are safe and secured,but I don't hear anybody commending the FG.In the states like Lagos and Akwa Ibom where there is absolute security we all say that the Governor is doing well,we don't commend the FG,so In the states where there is breakdown of law and order hold the governor responsible also.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by luvinhubby(m): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Untutored Senator Remi, a crook in a pack of crooks, ehnn.., we have heard your voice so what next?
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Vogue50: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
What else do you expect from a heavy beneficiary of Nepotism ? Since her emergence as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria ; I 'm been skeptical on her ability to discern logical suggestions on the floor of the house that will proffer solutions for a better Nigeria.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by koruji(m): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
It is only in a country that wants to remain perpetually behind would anyone not see this as a good call.

Question for anyone rubbishing her statement is this: Do you honestly have any confidence in GEJ's ability to contain the security threats to the nation, especially from Boko Haram. That answer would be no for any right-thinking individual, and that would be a vote of no confidence.

She is not calling for GEJ to resign, but for the Senate to express deep concern in a special way. May be that would wake up GEJ from his false sense of accomplishments.

Only in Nigeria is it considered a crime to tell the truth to our government about what everyone can see is not working.

In saner climes the President would have resigned his office, and called for new elections.

In Japan ministers commit suicide for failing their jobs.

In Old Oyo Empire, the Oyo Mesi would have sent the king a Calabash - figure out what that means.

Nigeria's set up is not even as effective as the old Yoruba Oyo empire. O ma se o!!!

warrior01: Pls pardon her; she didn't even know the meaning of what she said. Since others were talking she decided to talk too.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by FrankC3: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
@Koruji
The argument is the about the hypocrisy on the woman in question. She has not called for a vote of confidence on 'FG' for the peace in Lagos and other peaceful states but wants to pass a vote of no confidence on FG for crises in Bornu, Kano, Yobe and few other parts of the North. If Lagos is secure, we praise Fashola but if Bornu experiences bomb blast, we blame FG.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Englishteacher: 7:37am On Oct 07, 2012
james1: Senator oluremi tinubu asking the house to pass a vote of no confidence on the FG is not just callouse but also to bellitle all efforts taken so far as regards the issue of security by the GEJ led administration.
I firmly believe she is acting out a script doctored by her hubby,thievenubu.

Whatever does "callouse" mean? In which school did you learn how to spell!
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by koruji(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2012
What are u suggesting? Did u hear anyone suggesting a vote of confidence on Fashola. Your election is the original vote of confidence, hence no need for one if u are doing your job. If u are failing at your job, especially on such a serious matter, it is time for a vote if no-confidence.

Frank-C:
@Koruji
The argument is the about the hypocrisy on the woman in question. She has not called for a vote of confidence on 'FG' for the peace in Lagos and other peaceful states but wants to pass a vote of no confidence on FG for crises in Bornu, Kano, Yobe and few other parts of the North. If Lagos is secure, we praise Fashola but if Bornu experiences bomb blast, we blame FG.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Demdem(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
Frank-C:
@Koruji

When the Retardeen took oath, he promised to secure the lives and properties of ALL Nigerians and not some Nigerians. The moment this is not done then its not out of place if we declare that he failed in that area.
lagos, Rivers, ogun etc may be relatively peaceful however the constant death of our fellow men in other parts of the country suggests to me that he is failing to actualise this promise of his.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by bunmayo123: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
i think some south easterners reason with their anus, when it comes to prof achebe biafra propaganda, it is the truth, but they dont see anything wrong with this present govt. shame on you people
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Dpeacemaker101: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
So she has finally opened her mouth, she thinks that FG is Lagos state,which her husband and her whole family controls. She should jus keep shot, if she got nothing useful to say.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by FrankC3: 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
@Demdem
And what oath did Fashola, Akpabio, Peter Obi, Jang, Kwankwaso, etc take? To get FG to secure their domains? In your logic, FG should also be receiving a no confidence vote because of the flood in most states of the country presently, after all there was destruction of lives and properties, despite the cause. Also should FG for the jungle justice meted out to thieves in PHC, after all the sanctity of lives and properties have been violated and 'Jonathan took an oath to protect lives of ALL Nigerians', including those that commit suicide.

@ Koruji
If election is a vote of confidence, it follows that electioneering process in itself decides the voting and it is for Nigerians to do and not one Mrs Tinubu and the date is 2015.

All these logic apart, it is obvious that the government has the job to protect lives and properties of citizens. The big question is who is the government. FG, state or LG or all? You don't just become the government when you want to insult the President, democracy dictates that we are all involved in this and we come together to solve a problem in time of national crisis. Democrats were not pushing for a vote of no confidence on Bush after 9/11. They rallied around him to save America first before the politics continue, but unfortunately for us here, Nigerian opposition just 'oppose'.

1 Like

Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
She is the equivalent of Mikel in Chelsea. Non performer! Oruba...
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Demdem(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
@frank,
Ur post to me makes no sense and at the same time attributing to me what I didn't say deliberately refering it as my logic. U are wrong because it isnt any logic of mine but figments of ur imaginations.
The retardeen is in charge of security forces and not the govs. The faulty constitution may refer to them as chief sec officers but in reality, they aren't becos they don't control any jack but the retardeen does.

The moment there is serious security lapse in any part of the country, the president can't be exonerated, he is the main chief security officer that is in charge of forces and not the govs. He can even declare state of emergency and send govs packing like obj did during his time.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by james1(m): 5:42am On Oct 22, 2012
@demdem.may God save you from yourself because you refuse to see any good in this administration.
Time will cure you of this "illness",GEJ is already disappointing you and your ilks.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Demdem(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2012
james1: @demdem.may God save you from yourself because you refuse to see any good in this administration.
Time will cure you of this "illness",GEJ is already disappointing you and your ilks.

Fool, this thread is about security. Can u fault any of what i have written so far. Do that and spare me ur thrash.
Re: Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Irresponsible Statement! by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2012
When you critise, you profer a solution.

(1) (Reply)

GDP Is A Poor Measure Of Economic Growth / Buhari: Nigeria Will Break In 2015 If… / Fashola Prosecutes SERAC Boss, Felix Morka, For Violating Lagos Traffic Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.