Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,984 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section (2424 Views)

Say Bye Bye To Photo Lab,print Your Pictures On Your Own With Inksystem CISS / Blender3d : Topic On Nairaland (graphics/video) By Amhatu W. / Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by erad(m): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2012
don't know if i'm the only person who has noticed this but this graphics section has lost all its glory. These days, anybody hardly posts... and even when someone decides to post, people just look and get moving, not even comment to encourage or otherwise. The basic instrument of growth for any good graphics designer is 'FEEDBACK'. How are we supposed to develop when we can't even encourage, criticise, scold or even associate with ourselves We got a rare gift of creativity, why not help each other hone our gifts and skills?? I'll love to have that very interactive and active graphics section on Nairaland, that section i can flow with my kind and be sure i got people who i can always depend on for valuable feedback.
IF YOU READ THIS AND JUST MOVE ON WITHOUT DROPPING A COMMENT, THAT MEANS YOU ARE A LOST CAUSE AND ISN'T CAPABLE OF POSITIVE CHANGE EVEN WHEN INSTIGATED TOWARDS IT.
I'm sorry for the rude words(if any), but graphics design is what we claim makes us who we are... why not strive to sustain it
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by xzibukz(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by ramalot(m): 4:42am On Oct 07, 2012
yeah, its pretty sad how dead this section is. i think if the creativity level is upped a little, there might be more participation. Then again, the number of true creatives on this forum is low, so its tough.
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by Excelboi(m): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2012
Yeah you re right... Absence of mod(s) and user contributions!
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by erad(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
Where dem Ugo, Aseye, Gamine n co sef?? I think I need to put a 'wanted' list out for them.
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by akay48(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2012
Yea, true talk bro, remember when I started learning from this thread some years ago. I think the issue is that these guys are busy with personal projects on their neck, the best we can do is just to keep trying to develop new, fresh and informative topics for the benefit of the (graphics section) generality. Knowledge is key
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by ugo2u(m): 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
hmm... did someone call my name? cool oh shit they want to put me on wanted list? hahaha, ok first of all me I don try ooo na una wey ignore all my efforts, some even add sand for the small garri wey I get grin I accepted a mod for the passion of helping others, damn I even started a tutorial series on yuotube and free skype sessions. and not even a comment or something nor even a question. so me I jeje go put on collar and went looking for job o, thank God I got a decent paying job that has broadened my horizon into media web design and other stuff. so now I just dey pass here and chook eye if anyone needs help then waka pass. now ask me what will you do in my shoes and do you believe you can do a better job as a mod. if you can then let me nominate you to Seun personally, I no go waste time at all

1 Like

Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by Excelboi(m): 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
If seun wan recruit new mods, there are some who can do the job well AK,erad etc. I can also assist
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by Nairaland: 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
I'll ask the supermod to recruit a new moderator. Thanks for sharing your feelings about this section. We'll try and revive it.
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by ugo2u(m): 1:00am On Oct 10, 2012
ok guys, let me drop a quick tip, it doesn't take a mod to make a forum great, it takes those who visit it. I didn't understand it when the last mod before me was telling me about it. oh well its still De Ja Vu. grin

No single man can do it alone and thats what a mod is, a single man or woman lol!

Edit: Also the user politics that goes about this mod post is outstanding. like they say the grass is always greener on the other side.
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by erad(m): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2012
Boss Ugo, we aint blaming u boss. I just believe we need ways to encourage ourselves for our own sake. instead of uploading images directly on some sites(like twitter, linked in, facebook, etc), why not upload them here and share the link on the other sites?? little things like this will go a long way in opening this section to outsiders, we will generate more traffic for Nairaland and Seun will pay more attention to this section and its development. We might even be able to convince him into organizing contests for nairaland graphic designers. I'll organise a few, but nah only recharge card i go fit afford as price. I won't just write this section off, there are still a million ways to revive it and they involve each and every one of US.

1 Like

Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by ugo2u(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2012
Erad baba, you may not blame me o, but others may not share the same idea. honestly when I find it hard to visit is when this new theme took over for nairaland, its hard on my eyes. I think you have a point there anyway. will try to clean up the thread soon.
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by tpia5: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2012
as with everything nigerian, graphic design has been taken over by the underworld.

now mostly consists of photoshopping fake pictures, ridicule, etc.
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by ugo2u(m): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2012
ok guys, I agree we should stand up for the graphics community. since we are all gurus let start displaying out art skills lol
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by erad(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2012
@Ugo... yes BOSS! don't know if there's a way mods can know those who view topics. Try to make commenting a requirement to view a topic. If you won't comment, then don't bother opening or face specific consequences.
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by ugo2u(m): 11:44am On Oct 10, 2012
unfortunately that is not possible for mods, there isnt much difference between mod and normal user
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by Aseye(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
hi guys, there are some of us that will still check in here no matter what, as long as its still a section on nairaland and as long as nairaland neva shutdown. my own suggestion about this thread is that it should be spiced up..for design sake, this place no be literature section now, whenever one comes here, na so so post of words..we said we are designers and all most do is post comments (which is not entirely bad) but i think we should post more of designs (isn't that our job?) let the jobs speak, enuf of you talking...its really boring in here thats why most early guys dont find it interesting to return here (they are not lost, cos they are actively involved on other forums, you can google them..lol) let me just leave it here..cos me self don dey type plenty words..i hope someone gets the message...pls do post in more jobs, old or new but make sure they are worth it...if you are a novice, you are free to post (we are all still learning)..that's ma own little observation sirs..
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by erad(m): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
Aseye... on point Boss!
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by gabmedia: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
Not Just being a moderator as ugo but to encourage up coming pple to learn from so called professional in the field and create a free avenue for them to learn free of charge, when last ve u seen my post

here on nairaland but u know why I believe
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
men can you guys tutor me with the rudiments of graphics design i have passion ffor it plsss ooooh
Re: Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section by ugo2u(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
Aseye: hi guys, there are some of us that will still check in here no matter what, as long as its still a section on nairaland and as long as nairaland neva shutdown. my own suggestion about this thread is that it should be spiced up..for design sake, this place no be literature section now, whenever one comes here, na so so post of words..we said we are designers and all most do is post comments (which is not entirely bad) but i think we should post more of designs (isn't that our job?) let the jobs speak, enuf of you talking...its really boring in here thats why most early guys dont find it interesting to return here (they are not lost, cos they are actively involved on other forums, you can google them..lol) let me just leave it here..cos me self don dey type plenty words..i hope someone gets the message...pls do post in more jobs, old or new but make sure they are worth it...if you are a novice, you are free to post (we are all still learning)..that's ma own little observation sirs..
gbam, na tru talk my brother

gabmedia:
Not Just being a moderator as ugo but to encourage up coming pple to learn from so called professional in the field and create a free avenue for them to learn free of charge, when last ve u seen my post

here on nairaland but u know why I believe
what do you mean by that. lol! till Jesus comes free stuff will always be appreciated less. pls o no be like me ooooo. because I charge 2 million for tutorials and also designed logos for outragious amounts on the forum.

(1) (Reply)

Your Val Design / My Biro Sketch Of Michael Jackson While He Was Young On A Newspaper / Using Chrome Key In Adobe Premiere Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.