Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me (3923 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Dont Scare Me Of Judge Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by holythug(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
i used to b a Xtian , really liked it, bt had to change
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by Gamine(f): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
Bawo

You are not exchanging any ideas here
You are attacking Christianity
and No i do not feel threatened
i can never be threatened by Lies

The truth always stand the test of time
Check that out yourself

Stop being so reprobate and concentrate on giving out ideas on your ''religion'

@Holythug
r u kidding me
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by bawomolo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 20, 2008

You are not exchanging any ideas here
You are attacking Christianity

attacking in what form, challenging u guys to explain your faith is not attack to me. your faith is shoddy if u have the inability to debate. i'm usually the one being insulted or called stupid and not the other way around.

i can never be threatened by Lies

more like threatened by reason by logic.

The truth always stand the test of time
Check that out yourself

slavery and prostitution have existed for many milleniums. does that mean they are right??

Stop being so reprobate and concentrate on giving out ideas on your ''religion'

that won't be fun, would it??
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by Gamine(f): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2008
If you call what you have been doing a challenge
then i guess it aint only spiritual prblems you have!

Christianity cannot be threatened by logic or reason
as if its not God who created ur brain/mind.

i say again, the truth will always stand the test of time.

Yeah, why dont you share the tenets of your religion
im open minded, i will be glad to listen smiley
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by holythug(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ gamine yes i was a catholic
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by Wordsmith(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ bawomol,

thanks for not dissapointing. At least, you acknowledge you are a racist. Atheism and all that logic was just a smokescreen. Did whitey do this to you? Bad whitey. . .baaaad whitey! cheesy
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by Gamine(f): 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Holythug
Now i see where your problem lay
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by bawomolo(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2008

thanks for not dissapointing. At least, you acknowledge you are a racist. Atheism and all that logic was just a smokescreen. Did whitey do this to you? Bad whitey. . .baaaad whitey

lol u really need to read about the NGE. i don't agree with them but their belief that the black man is God on earth has always been interesting to me. the NGE is in now way black supremacist or racist. lol@smoke screen. funny how the jesus freaks are dodging my contradiction thread like a plague.

Christianity cannot be threatened by logic or reason
as if its not God who created your brain/mind.

circular reasoning?? how do u know God created your brain/mind. because u ASSUMED so??

Yeah, why don't you share the tenets of your religion
im open minded, i will be glad to listen

the black man is God, life live to the fullest while respecting ur fellow man. no 10% tax, no costly pilgrimage, no dogma grin
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by Gamine(f): 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
How do you know the Black man is God

Respect fellow men?
Thats what christianity stands for
Love your neighbor as your self

10%tax?
We give cos we r grateful.

Pilgrimage?
that is not a requirement for living a Christian life

Dogma?
you contradict urself
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by Wordsmith(m): 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
Some real "respecting" you've been doing.

No where in your posts have there been any reasoning. Only preconceived notions backed up by your prejudices against (whitey. . . the Christian God?)

Reading some other crap- organisation's ideology hook line and sinker doesn't really tell of someone who "reasons". Where your brain at, Dexter?

Oh well, It all whitey fault.
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by therationa(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2008
What is NGE?
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by bawomolo(m): 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2008

beside i said so and the great books from egypt said so.

true, the bible also sanctions slavery, i guess that's love. u don't need religion to tell u how to treat other humans.

Pilgrimage?

i'm talking about religion in general

10%tax?
We give because we r grateful.

so the only way of showing thanks to god is by giving out 10% of what u own. that doesn't make sense. give what belong to ceasar to ceasar right. does God take credit card or cash??

Dogma?
you contradict yourself

do u know the meaning of dogma

i'm liberal and not an afrocentrist. racial ideologies are comical to me. why put a race to your God, white christian God??

NGE- nation of Gods and earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nation_of_Gods_and_Earths

i'm not a member nor do i care about most of their beliefs
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by therationa(m): 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
bawomolo:

beside i said so and the great books from egypt said so.

true, the bible also sanctions slavery, i guess that's love. u don't need religion to tell u how to treat other humans.

Pilgrimage?

i'm talking about religion in general

10%tax?
We give because we r grateful.

so the only way of showing thanks to god is by giving out 10% of what u own. that doesn't make sense. give what belong to ceasar to ceasar right. does God take credit card or cash??

Dogma?
you contradict yourself

do u know the meaning of dogma

i'm liberal and not an afrocentrist. racial ideologies are comical to me. why put a race to your God, white christian God??

NGE- nation of Gods and earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nation_of_Gods_and_Earths

i'm not a member nor do i care about most of their beliefs

Had a quick look. Looks to me like another form of superstitionists. Stay well clear of them, except to know enough to about them to challenge and dismiss them.
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by holythug(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
wheres d problem, Gamine

& wat do u mean by dat?
Re: Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me by omoolomo2: 6:46am On Feb 29, 2008
In case anyone would like to know why I don't believe in God. Here's something I wrote a while ago. I'll try and look for the other things I wrote. I struggled with this issue for a while, I can find more if anybody is interested.

Here's my 12 keys to a successful religion (what I noticed religions tried to do to people):
1.Make the people feel bad or inadequate for something they can't change about themselves. Denounce being human as something filthy, disgusting, bad, incomplete,
2.Offer a way to atone for the inadequacy
3.Scare the people. Make a huge punishment (claim hopelessness)for not following your religion.
4.Attribute every good event/occurrence to some good variable (God) and bad occurrences to some (intrinsically) bad variable (sin/devil). Encourage people to do this daily.
5.Discourage questioning. Have negative consequences for questioning the religion.
6.Give “feel good” explanations for death. Give explanations for other issues people can't explain like famine, ,
7.Create rituals that appeal to emotions.
8.People love and connect with martyrs (Find emotional people that would die for your message or make up stories of some).
9.Create a superhuman hero. People love heroes especially underdogs that do great things. Have a good theme song too
10.Create stories around your hero. If you choose a real life hero, make sure the story doesn't get published until years after the hero is dead and information in the story cannot be verified.
11.Use your religion to help people think. Thinking is stressful and that's one of the main tasks of religion: helping people think. Once your religion makes people feel good, they'll allow it to think for them (see Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle). Include some basic universal laws of nature in your stories.
12.Create pictures of a bright future. Hope is the key to religion. Religion is all about selling dreams of a bright future and tweaking people's emotions.

This was a while back, I write something cohesive when i get time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Jews Wrote The Quran ,the Bible , The Torah And The Kebra Negast ! / ADEBOYE, OLUKOYA, KUMUYI AND OYEDEPO ALL AGREE THAT CHRISTIANS SHOULD / Was Jonah Swallowed Up By A Whale Or By A Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.