Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs (9962 Views)

NDLEA Intercepts Letter With Heroin In Lagos (Photo) / NDLEA Arrests A Lagos Pastor With 1.978kg Of Heroin At Enugu Airport. / NDLEA Arrests Woman Who Inserted Heroin In Private Part, & Ingested Others (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by CrazyMan(m): 12:54am On Oct 07, 2012

Sniffer dogs of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have detected three consignments of heroin hidden inside various sizes of balls as well as woollen carpets.

The estimated street value of the drug is N351m.

SUNDAY PUNCH gathered that the heroin, which was imported from Pakistan through the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Shed, Murtala Mohammed International Airport, had a total weight of 29.260kg.

The rug consignment of 14kg came as cargo on KLM flight while the other two consignments of balls weighing 10.230kg and 5.030kg were imported on Saudi, Arabia Airline.

According to the Airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar, the importers of the goods abandoned.

He said, “The drug was factory packed in the cartons containing the balls. The rug concealment was also factory packed because we had to tear and unfasten to recover the drugs. Four rugs were found to contain heroin. So far, no arrest has been made but the cases are under investigation.”

The spokesman of the anti-drug agency, Mitchell Ofoyeju, said the chairman of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, has vowed to incapacitate drug trafficking syndicates in the country through counter measures.

“Every drug seizure is important to us because of the value of the drugs and the fact that every seizure made advances the anti-drug campaign. This seizure is important to the country because the damage the drug would have caused cannot be quantified.

“Drug trafficking cartels may be sophisticated in drug concealment, but the seizures are indicators of Nigeria’s counter efforts. We will not relent in protecting the country from the activities of drug traffickers,” Giade stressed.

The NDLEA boss added that the agency would continue to scuttle the plans of drug barons and stop them from using Nigeria in drug trafficking.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ndlea-sniffer-dogs-detect-n351m-heroin-in-footballs-rugs/

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by asdfjklhaha(f): 1:17am On Oct 07, 2012
Na wa o
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by azeezakande: 1:22am On Oct 07, 2012
I don't kno Nigerians uses heroin. What don't we do in9ja this days
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 07, 2012
#351 million worth of heroin? This is massive! Kudos to the NDLEA officers and their dogs for a job well done.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Ranoscky(m): 1:45am On Oct 07, 2012
Good.
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 07, 2012
Nigeria is going to the dogs! Inflow of drugs like Heroin will only worsen the already decadent society.
Heroin is such a bad drug......this is crazy! But it's a good thing these guys were caught....Hopefully the culprits will be hanged!
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Oseniade(m): 2:43am On Oct 07, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] Kudos. Well done dogs!
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by zeklng(m): 3:01am On Oct 07, 2012
what happens to the drug.....naija people must survive
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by ORAFA(m): 3:18am On Oct 07, 2012
Bad business for the importers. Weldone boys!
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by dasparrow: 3:51am On Oct 07, 2012
@Post

Na wa o! Good job NDLEA and the wonderful canine narcotic detectives. On a side note, I hope Nigeria does not become a drug addicted country like America oh! You have no idea what drug addiction is costing Americans. It has destroyed families, taken the lives of people of all age groups, destroyed marriages/relationships, left children in foster care or with grandparents because their drug addicted mothers could not take care of them and much more. I know many Nigerians like to copy-copy everything from the western world be it the good part of their culture or the bad part of their culture. If our youths get introduced into the habit of drugs use, then I shudder what will become of us as a people.
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by logica(m): 3:54am On Oct 07, 2012
azeezakande: I don't kno Nigerians uses heroin. What don't we do in9ja this days
Dude, Nigeria is a hub for drug smuggling. Meaning drugs coming to Nigeria from the "factory" countries like Columbia and Pakistan are actually in transit to other countries (like Malaysia he he) carried by mules.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 07, 2012
29kg = N351m...mehn money dey that business o grin grin grin.
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Jonarinho(m): 4:23am On Oct 07, 2012
[img][/img] kissC hw dog meat dey waste.dogs u r wasting ur time,come 2 me i wil give u rest ;DC hw dog meat dey waste.dogs u r wasting ur time,come 2 me i wil give u rest
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by methodman(m): 5:14am On Oct 07, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Na wa o! Good job NDLEA and the wonderful canine narcotic detectives. On a side note, I hope Nigeria does not become a drug addicted country like America oh! You have no idea what drug addiction is costing Americans. It has destroyed families, taken the lives of people of all age groups, destroyed marriages/relationships, left children in foster care or with grandparents because their drug addicted mothers could not take care of them and much more. I know many Nigerians like to copy-copy everything from the western world be it the good part of their culture or the bad part of their culture. If our youths get introduced into the habit of drugs use, then I shudder what will become of us as a people.
i think Mexico is worse
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by BrutusOj(m): 5:32am On Oct 07, 2012
SAUDI ARABIA again
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by trigar12(m): 5:33am On Oct 07, 2012
Good dog, more cassava to ur sniffing. THUMBS UP

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by zangiff(m): 6:04am On Oct 07, 2012
Bad bad and bad
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by proudlyafrican(m): 6:22am On Oct 07, 2012
I have 351 Million naira and still in drug business??Then one must be under the punishment of the gods.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by bankyblue(m): 6:25am On Oct 07, 2012
Good once their bois, u guys deserved to be paid.
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Bright2(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2012
Too bad for a fellow Nigerian to bring in this quantity of dead enhancer to his people. NDLEA... Correct!
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Amya(f): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2012
They get the drugs into the country, not necessarily for home use, but to export them to other countries still.
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 07, 2012
Well done NDLEA,the culprits must ve apprehended too.the effect of hard drugs is nothing to write home about,it wrecks everything about the user:finance,mental ability,business etc.
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by martin92(m): 7:25am On Oct 07, 2012
Gud job dogs. What the NDLEA could nt detect in months , the dogs did in just a few days... Mayb we shld use dogs to fight bokoharam since the nigeria military is incompentent. I <3 dogs
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by munaco: 7:36am On Oct 07, 2012
at the end of good work no arrest. why can't we mention names. i believe the drug will go back to the owner after sorting those NDLEA
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by ujukala: 7:55am On Oct 07, 2012
Up the dogs!
asdf:jkl ha ha :
Na wa o
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by slitetacku(m): 7:56am On Oct 07, 2012
diz dogs nid 2 b tken 2 amusement park....hahaha...kudos 2 NDLEA workers

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by ujukala: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Up the dogs!
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by dridowu: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2012
So Proud of my patient , doing gr8 for my country
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by eastOFwest(m): 8:18am On Oct 07, 2012
azeezakande: I don't kno Nigerians uses heroin. What don't we do in9ja this days

Don't be naive! Heroin (BANA, BROWN POWDER), has been heavily used in Nigeria since the 80's.
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by frankobaba(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2012
Weldone guys...a job well done!
Re: NDLEA Sniffer Dogs Detect N351m Heroin In Footballs, Rugs by chucky234(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2012
logica: Dude, Nigeria is a hub for drug smuggling. Meaning drugs coming to Nigeria from the "factory" countries like Columbia and Pakistan are actually in transit to other countries (like Malaysia he he) carried by mules.
E be like say you dey involved for this deal ooo,I don dey suspect you cos of this your analysis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Ibadan Office Secures 83 Convictions,  Recovers N116m In 6months / Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety / Insecurity In Iba Local Government Area Of Lagos As Kidnapping Is On The Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.