Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda (2803 Views)

Special advise For Pro-biafranist / VP Osinbajo Lambasts Northern Leaders / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by bittyend(m): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof. Tony Afejukwu, an Itsekiri leader
[b][/b]“I find the foremost novelist lambasting of our iconic politician and impeccable leader, Chief Awolowo utterly strange. But why should we really be surprised? Even in death, Awo, our Awo, is still the issue. This being said, we must dismiss the illustrious novelist who must sell his autobiography! He needs to attack Awo for the book to make appreciable sale, an inroad in western Nigeria of solidly educated and civilized denizens. But his tactic will backfire if truly that was an intention of Achebe, our respected, Achebe, who with this unforgettable grudge of decades will lose a huge chunk of respect of, and from discerning minds.

“Now we must ask: Did he expect Awo to device a strategy for Biafra to defeat Nigeria? In any case, Achebe ought to promote peace, understanding reconciliation and love as a foremost novelist of Nigeria, Africa and theworld. he ought to be exemplary.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/attack-on-awo-has-achebe-gone-too-far/
[quote][/quote]

8 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by bittyend(m): 9:17am On Oct 07, 2012
Yinka Odumakin, Save Nigeria Group Spokesperson

“It is unfortunate that a great man of letters of Achebe’s status has descended to the arena of Biafran propagandists who are always ready to sacrifice the truth to achieve emotional blackmail.
“He has betrayed his intellectual calling by joining in the circulation of low quality rumours against Awo. I had looked forward to read the book, but now I doubt if I would pick up a copy even if dropped at my gate.”

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by okosodo: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2012
Mumu
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by CyberG: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Me too! I would never buy a book of a man who has mentally fallen apart. He can stoke the embers of war but one thing is sure,'if the ibo warmongers go head to head against Nigerians again, like this silly Avhebe is stoking the embers of war, they will be utter CRUSHED. Then they will cry everyone a river but will you help your enemy win against you? Ackebe is losing it.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by ikeyman00(m): 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
^^^^ if anybody is mentally unbalance it should be u and it so s tupid that u fail to know and my fear is u may never know either

so what u saying then

nl is an evidence of ur stu!pidity

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by CyberG: 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^ if anybody is mentally unbalance it should be u and it so s tupid that u fail to know and my fear is u may never know either

so what u saying then

nl is an evidence of ur stu!pidity

Get behind me satanic reptile!! Is this how iboz hate on people's opinion which is their right? I have given my opinion and if it offends your stupid ibo sense, go hug a transformer or drown your miserable self.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by WilyWily5: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
All Yoruba Nation VS One Man (Achebe),
All Yoruba Nation are faceing trial.
I heard from reliable source that for two day now Mama H.I.D Awolowo refused to eat anything.
Oh Boy nay now i know sey pen powerful,

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by MrGlobe(m): 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
why should jobless journalists jump into the street, sample opinions of madmen and bring them to mainstream media. I expected this from backyard junk newspapers like The Nation or Punch, not Vanguard of all papers.

Now what are we supposed to do? Analyse the opinion of nonentities who cant tell their left from right?

Am out.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by MrGlobe(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wily+Wily:
All Yoruba Nation VS One Man (Achebe),
All Yoruba Nation are faceing trial.
I heard from reliable source that for two day now Mama H.I.D Awolowo refused to eat anything.
Oh Boy nay now i know sey pen powerful,
grin grin grin
the first time am laughing since this expose. I suggest she is placed on rat poison watch so as not to take the way of her husband.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by WilyWily5: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
Mr. Globe:

grin grin grin
the first time am laughing since this expose. I suggest she is placed on rat poison watch so as not to take the way of her husband.
I heard she walk all day from one room to another, holding her head with two hands. pity her
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
Achebe is mentally,Spiritually,Physically,fundamentally and economically gradually fallen apart.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by MrGlobe(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Achebe is mentally,Spiritually,Physically,fundamentally and economically gradually fallen apart.
you are just desperately falling apart with frustrations. see a doctor
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Aderostock(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
Achebe, a coward! What did he do during the civil wars? Since he has fallen apart financially, he now believed to cook lies and sell it inform of books to his illiterate fellow biafrans. Proffessor, my arse!

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by mankevo(m): 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
Lets pause a moment and stop All these CAT-CALLS &BRICK-BATS! My humble question is, has any body (of sound mature mind and witness to the war) refuted the expose contained in this book ''There was a Country''
Attacks solves no problem and fanning its embers aint helping either.
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by SOHKAHTOA: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
What surprises me is the fact that Gowon was also mentioned but why are the defenders of Awolowo not also speaking for Gowon? I have every reason to believe that book and it's content regarding the notorious roles the said actors played. The more the Yorubas react, the more they call people's attention to the book and the more they soil the reverend icon.
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by EkoIle1: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ibo just dig up another hole to burry themselves in. What do you have.left after showing your hand and creating enemies everywhere? You are useless and irrelevant inside your borders and you are still useless outside your boarders. Now you are pissing off the only people that tolerated your evil and shady ways.

These ibo people are cursed.
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Nebeuwa(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
Did Professor Achebe lie?

That is what I wish to know.

Did Chief Obafemi Awolowo say these words?

"All is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapons of war. I don’t see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder."
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by EkoIle1: 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
With all the problems facing Nigeria and considering the fact that his superior, the only nigerian Nobel winner is out there and always been fighting for the common man, this useless broken down lunatic still buried and locked in the sixties is spending his last breath of ugly air fanning hatred, tribalism and idiocy.

Like they say, no matter how much education you give the ibo man, he's still the same mentally flawed and backward ibo man. Just like the ones we see on NL, they are all the same thing.
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Awake9ja(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
I
t i[quote]s important to point out that most Nigerians were against the war and abhorred the senseless violence that ensued. The wartime cabinet of General Gowon, the military ruler, it should also be remembered, was full of intellectuals like Chief Obafemi Awolowo among others who came up with a boatload of infamous and regrettable policies. A statement credited to Awolowo and echoed by his cohorts is the most callous and unfortunate: all is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapons of war. I don't see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder.It is my impression that Awolowo was driven by an overriding ambition for power, for himself and for his Yoruba people. There is, on the surface at least, nothing wrong with those aspirations. However, Awolowo saw the dominant Igbos at the time as the obstacles to that goal, and when the opportunity arose – the Nigeria-Biafra war – his ambition drove him into a frenzy to go to every length to achieve his dreams. In the Biafran case it meant hatching up a diabolical policy to reduce the numbers of his enemies significantly through starvation — eliminating over two million people, mainly members of future generations.[/quo

If this quotation is what Achebe said. What did the yorubas want? for Gods sake.
Did they want to deny awolowo involvement in the war
What is there to deny? Awolowo was fully involved in the war both the good and bad did then.

I have no apology to anybody(ibo s). I only disappointed that after all those war, yet igeria is a fail state, how i wish ibos win and get out from this hell fire.
I love the ibos yes, but for yorubas to deny awolowo action dring the war makes me 5o believe they are not to be trusted.

what i don't know is why too many yorubas are talking about this quotation. Why are they talking too much.
The ibos can cry till eternity i don't care, i just want Nigeria to disintegrate am tired of these hausa fulani killings.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Dede1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
@OP

What manner of a person is Tony Afejukwu the so-called Itsekiri leader? The goofy jackass never proffered any evidence that Achebe is wrong in the characterization of Awolowo. If the policies instigated by Awolowo made him great and iconic, it is safe to deduce such historical events are worthy of second visit as demonstrated by Achebe.

I have urged Ndigbo to painstakingly take the stock of characters of group of people in the so-called Nigeria who constituted themselves enemy of Ndigbo during and after Nigeria\Biafra civil war. Any Igbo person must strive hard to shun the clone of characters exuded by Ironsi.
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by warrior01: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
Eko Ile: With all the problems facing Nigeria and considering the fact that his superior, the only nigerian Nobel winner is out there and always been fighting for the common man, this useless broken down lunatic still buried and locked in the sixties is spending his last breath of ugly air fanning hatred, tribalism and idiocy.

Like they say, no matter how much education you give the ibo man, he's still the same mentally flawed and backward ibo man. Just like the ones we see on NL, they are all the same thing.

My dear, if you don't know where you're coming from, how would you know where you're heading to. Why do you want us to sweep all these atrocious and genocidal acts under the carpet whilst the blood of those innocent men, women and children are crying for justice. Don't you think it is better for us all to look ourselves in the face and address these genocidal acts, make amends and make sure it never happens again. If you call yourself a real man, tis time you stopped playing the ostrich and face reality, make amends where necessary and move on for the betterment of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by kpogede77: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Why bringing Itsekiri into this issue, no matter how u look at it the Igbos are still better than the Fulani people. There is no way Awo could have supported Biafra, even the mid west was against Biafra but that is bye gone. I am of the opinion that the northerners have bribed Achebe to create disunity in the south for them to continue to perpetuate themselves on the people of the south. Achebe is just being emotional as an old man , if we blow this issue too much it will give the book more relevance. He may have added some unfounded clause to arouse emotion to give the book relevance. You know Igbo man can do any thing for money including selling his people's interest to the north to make money. In any case , I prefare to be in the same country with Igbo people than to be in the same country with those bastard Hausa Fulanis. No hate intended, that is my personal opinion not that of Itsekiri people
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by EkoIle1: 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
warrior01:
My dear, if you don't know where you're coming from, how would you know where you're heading to. Why do you want us to sweep all these atrocious and genocidal acts under the carpet whilst the blood of those innocent men, women and children are crying for justice. Don't you think it is better for us all to look ourselves in the face and address these genocidal acts, make amends and make sure it never happens again. If you call yourself a real man, tis time you stopped playing the ostrich and face reality, make amends where necessary and move on for the betterment of mankind.

Sorry, I know my history and I don't need some brainless and thoughtless old fart to rewrite my history with hate, animosity and tribalism.
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by reporter1: 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
Nebeuwa: Did Professor Achebe lie?

That is what I wish to know.

Did Chief Obafemi Awolowo say these words?

"All is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapons of war. I don’t see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder."

Are you this dumb? You are expecting your enemy to feed you? Why not ask them to supply you weapons
while you are at it? You sir must be a first generation slowpoke.
Some mothers do have 'em really.
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
reporter?:

Are you this dumb? You are expecting your enemy to feed you? Why not ask them to supply you weapons

So you agree with him and what Achebe wrote was true.

What the heck is everybody arguing about then? undecided
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
Even in death, Awo, our Awo, is still the issue. This being said, we must dismiss the illustrious novelist who must sell his autobiography! He needs to attack Awo for the book to make appreciable sale, an inroad in western Nigeria of solidly educated and civilized denizens.

Words on Marble.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Standing5(m): 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
^^ The same book his kinsmen will most probably end up pirating and scheme him of his 'blackmail' book proceeds.
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Eziachi: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
CyberG: Me too! I would never buy a book of a man who has mentally fallen apart. He can stoke the embers of war but one thing is sure,'if the ibo warmongers go head to head against Nigerians again, like this silly Avhebe is stoking the embers of war, they will be utter CRUSHED. Then they will cry everyone a river but will you help your enemy win against you? Ackebe is losing it.
I never knew much you loved one Nigeria this much?. Not long ago, people like you were calling/dreaming of republic of southern Nigeria.
Months by month patriotic Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Eziachi: 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
reporter?:

So what are you guys having a fit about then, if the man was just stating the obvious?
He hasn't accused Awo of some unknown issue, but something Awo admitted that he did, only that he did it to win the war for Nigeria.
Whats the fuss about?

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by kettykin: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Achebe is mentally,Spiritually,Physically,fundamentally and economically gradually fallen apart.

Chinua Achebe is still the most inluential African

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/ehed45mef/chinua-achebe#content

First 20

1. Chinua Achebe, Novelist (Nigeria)
2. Youssou N'dour, 51, Musician (Senegal)
3. Didier Drogba, 33, Footballer (Cote D'Voire)
4. Angelique Kidjoe, 51, Musician (Benin Republic)
5. Akon, 38, Musician (Senegal)
6. Wole Soyinka, 77, Playwright (Nigeria)
7. Salif Keita, 62, Musician (Mali)
8. Yvonne Chaka Chaka, 46, (South African)
9. Oumou Sang, 43, Musician (Mali)
10. Femi Kuti, 49, Musician (Nigerian)

11. Toumani Diabaté, Malian, Musician
12. Oliver Mtukudzi, 59, Zimbabwean, Musician
13. Haile Gebrselassie, 38, Ethiopian, Athlete
14. Khaled Hadj Ibrahim, 51, Algerian, Musician
15. Samuel Eto'o, 30, Cameroonian, Soccer Player
16. Alek Wek, 34, Sudanese, Supermodel
17. Liya Kebede, 33, Ethiopian, Supermodel
18. Dobet Gnahoré, 29, Ivorian, Musician
19. Genevieve Nnaji, 32, Nigerian, Actress
20. Koffi Olomidé, 55, Congolese, Musician
Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by Eziachi: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
kpogede77: Why bringing Itsekiri into this issue, no matter how u look at it the Igbos are still better than the Fulani people. There is no way Awo could have supported Biafra, even the mid west was against Biafra but that is bye gone. I am of the opinion that the northerners have bribed Achebe to create disunity in the south for them to continue to perpetuate themselves on the people of the south. Achebe is just being emotional as an old man , if we blow this issue too much it will give the book more relevance. He may have added some unfounded clause to arouse emotion to give the book relevance. [b]You know Igbo man can do any thing for money including selling his people's interest to the north to make money. I[/b]n any case , I prefare to be in the same country with Igbo people than to be in the same country with those bastard Hausa Fulanis. No hate intended, that is my personal opinion not that of Itsekiri people
I bet Igbos like you and the likes of James Ibori hated money so much? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leader Lambasts Chinua Achebe For His Biafranist Propaganda by nduchucks: 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Eziachi, the one and only biafra veteran maramma. I have a question for you sir:

nwanne m, do you have the confidence, honesty, boldness, and bravery to admit that if Ojukwu had surrendered 3-6 months before he ran away, thousands of biafran women and children would not have died in vain?

Sir, Dede1, the normally unafraid historian and unrepentant seccessionist, ran away from the question. Knowng that you faced federal troops galantly, I do not expect you to dodge or run away from the question. Dalu o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast Rocks Military Church At Jaji In Kaduna / NNPC Took Illegal N1.4tn Fuel Subsidy –NEITI / PDP Replies Femi Fani- Kayode; You Represent The Bad, The Ugly & The Scandalous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.