Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

NYSC Batch A 2013 House - NYSC (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Batch A 2013 House (340576 Views)

Batch A 2013 Corpers Where Is Your PPA / A Thread For Batch A 2013 Corpers Posted To ONDO State / NYSC Adjust Batch A 2013 Mobilization See The New Time Table Here . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by ik121: 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
jnrremedy: Can we pls continue with d state analysis. Its very informative
am seriously confused where to influence my posting to.
If nt 4 d fear of Boko, it'd hv bn a pleasant tin 2 jus sit bac relax nd anticipate ur postin wit joy. Dat was hw it was lyk 5years ago, nt anymor. U cn imagine, young graduates r stil bn posted 2 volatile north. Psfff
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Godschild2(m): 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2012

IK has said something about Akwa Ibom earlier, these is from one of the Batch B threads;...Quite lengthy!

fashrola: Well prospective batch "B" corper willing to serve in Akwa Ibom state, I want to brief you a little about the place, Though I'm from Akwa Ibom and I school @ Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron, I've also been mobilized for the NYSC programme too, Akwa Ibom state (Uyo as a case) Uyo is a very nice place to be, especially the new infrastructure put to place by the State Governor which includes: Good and beautiful roads, Cinema, At least manageable power supply, good road network system (no hold-up), Cheap accommodation and Transportation, Uyo is a very peaceful place and it is not as big as Lagos, therefore it is a really organized-city, Where the problem lies is which LGA you will be posted to in Akwa Ibom state, well I'll tell you the best LGA to serve with most good social amenities includes: Uyo, Eket (oil-rich town), Ikot Ekpene, Abak, Oron, Ibiono, Itu...though other LGA are good but I'm just telling you the best LGA in Akwa Ibom state and their proximity to the state Capital. Don't mind my grammer sha, I'm typing with a phone...
fashrola: *Continuation* for those that will be posted to Oron ( This is the LGA where Maritime Academy of Nigeria is located) some of you may wonder "I've never heard about this institution b4" Hmm well its a professional institution just for the training of seafarers, which include Captains, Marine engineers and their courses is specifically tailored for the Maritime industry in Nigeria, for more info abt the school, just google it, Ok back to the point..... If you are really lucky to be posted to Oron LGA in Akwa Ibom state and also fortunate to be posted to Maritime Academy of Nigeria as a corper just thank your stars....because you'll enjoy a lot of benefits during your stay in as a corper at Maritime Academy of Nigeria. Corpers are paid N15k there, You'll be provided with a lodge, and the school runs a 24/7 power supply, Your security is assured, cos the Institution is a regimented school, powered by the Nigerian Navy... While I was a cadet there, I'm always jealous of corpers serving in my skool cos I just wanted to be like them (posted somewhere similar to my skool) but sha I know God will make a way for me too...That's all folks...pls I will like other corpers in the house to throw more info about their state, conditions and benefits too, at least we'll be enlighten before we are posted to our various places...Thank you
PS: Don't mind my english...just no time to make some corrections

In case I stumble upon some other state's analysis, I'll post it here...

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Godschild2(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2012

And perhaps you'd like to read something about Kaduna, also from 12B;...

mykejones: Lolzz..alrite,am based in Kaduna, and I graduated frm ABU zaria,so i'l cal myself a Northerner.
Kaduna was quite peaceful,I'd once argued it was the most peaceful Northern state..wel,until recently.
In case u r posted here,it's no biggie.
Oppurtunity abounds in kaduna..lots of Industries and parastatals. Kaduna city is the most developed. There's also Zaria, where i schooled. Safe for the school,zaria could be ranked as underdeveloped. And except in the case where u find urself inside the school community,the town itself can't be classified as 70percent safe when there's trouble.
Kafachan is also another gud town,predominatly populated by the Christain faith.
Jaji is another town. A military cantoment. And apart frm the "military zone",Jaji can be classified as a 'hot zone'.
In summary,Kaduna is largely divided in2 Muslim populated North, Christian dominated South.
If u fall in2 the nortern part,pls,include 'veil' as one of ur requirements.
I heard the state government,on the pop ground give 30k as TP to its outgoin corpers. Of cors,which eva cooperations u find urself,they'l also pay..even handsomely as the case my be.
Electricity- Fairly good. There are places where u can get 24/7..other places are been rationed.
Accomodation..depending on the range and ur tastes.
Security-I'v said much on that.
NB: There's a working refinary in kd..close 2my house. They accept corpers too and d pay is jaw opening and mouth watering.
Goodluck.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by jonath0012(m): 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
Gods-child:

And perhaps you'd like to read something about Kaduna, also from 12B;...

nice one, bro. thumps up!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by ik121: 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ur excellency i syt u o! I gues ur prolly tinkn of hw 2 salvage ds ur country grin
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by spartanian(m): 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
coincidentally, I grew up in both akwa ibom state (oron nd uyo) nd presently in kaduna state which is my state of origin.
Akwa Ibom state is almost perfect for Corpers
Kaduna state is also good with lots of government/ private companies nd many tertiary institutions.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
angry
jonath0012: [b][/b]
Serving in Lagos: Merits and Demerits

Demerits
1. Accomodation Problems: I have heared too many Lag corpers complaining bitterly about these, some even say if you do not have relatives to squat with, or enough cash to get urself an accomodation, ur experience may not be good o.

2. Not everyone will be paid a state allowance: I read a tread sometimes back where it was confirmed that of all the corpers serving in Lag( batch b 2012 or also) only 600 copers or also were paid state alawi(first to register), while the rest were left to survive on federal alawi.

3.High rate of transportation fare: If you live in lag, you will agree with me alone.

4. Traffic jam plus stress: This is normal in lag. If you can't withstand stress, it's no go area, i beg.
5. Saving may be a mirage: Feeding and transportation fares may consume all your alawi, and before you know what is going on you have little or none to save.

Merits
1. Fast access to information: without gain saying Lag is an excellent place to obtain first hand info bordering on jobadverts, professional course trainings and many more. besides, you will be able to attend job interview easily while you are serving without travelling a long distance.

2. If you are the type that love hustling, Lag is the best place to be

3. Security: At least no fear of Boko boys

4. Weather: It is relatively okay.

These are some of my findings, Please add more.
Nw u wanna make M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ change my mind bout lagos.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Emmysteve(m): 12:36am On Nov 15, 2012
Bro come down to Kaduna state. Live is very simple and cheap. Transportation cheap, accomadation affordable and readily available, infact you can live a very simply life here. All the corpers wey serve for kaduna no wan go
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Emmysteve(m): 12:43am On Nov 15, 2012
sandylurv: angry
same thing running my mind. But a have alot of relative there though i want to live in my own apartment.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Password77(m): 4:40am On Nov 15, 2012
ik121: @password77 rd page 3/4 i tink i treatd d disparity b/w Akwa ibom nd Rivers. I personaly'd luv 2 serv in Akwa ibom. My ex is frm akwa ibom . I'v bn dia b4 nd it wz an amazin xperience.
@ik121- u're nt alone in d "My ex is frm akwa ibom " zone

thanks ik121, jona and God-child for the heads up on d above states....
...keep it rolling guyz. We Need More!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by ik121: 6:42am On Nov 15, 2012
Gdmornin folks.

@Emmysteve i fell off frm my sit rotf wen i rd ur 'Bro c.ome dwn 2 kaduna state' lol. U badt gan oo! grin U even added 'corpers no go wan go' grin grin.
I'v nt bn 2 KD b4 Bt frm wat v hd, all u sd r tru. No doubt KD is a hip-city, diffrent frm d usual dull northern cities. During ramadan i hd a frnd invytin me 2 c.ome 2 KD bt i cudn't b/c i kept imaginin mysef bn lynched on d street nd my intestine bn rippd out by sum daggar-wieldin urchins b/c of my luk, i cud easily b spotted as an alien, plus security is a story 4 anoda day(dnt knw d security situation at d moment).
And... If u rlly wanna serv in lag i tink u shud start saving nw, same is applicable 2 any1 dat is gung-ho about servin in Abj, Lag nd Rivers cos i cnt picture mysef squattin wit any gadamn friend or any gadamn relativ dat'd limit my fun nd freedom. 1day they'll point it out 2 u dat u'v ova-stayd ur welcum, if they dnt directly den they wil indirectly by sayin - O boy u dey chop 2much o! Guy u dey shyt 2much o! etc etc etc lol
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by jonath0012(m): 8:26am On Nov 15, 2012
O boy u dey chop 2much o! Guy u dey shyt 2much o! etc etc etc lol[/quote]

LMAO! this is very true
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Password77(m): 8:36am On Nov 15, 2012
jonath0012:

O boy u dey chop 2much o! Guy u dey shyt 2much o! etc etc etc lol

LMAO! this is very true
Plus restricting your freedom as you'll now be putting a 2nd or 3rd party into consideration when making decisions sad
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2012
Ellylace: [/color][color=#990000]who wants to serve in abj?

I do º°˚ ....
Any better?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by jonath0012(m): 8:38am On Nov 15, 2012
sandylurv: angry

You don't have to. Just weigh the prons and cons and make your final decision.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by jonath0012(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2012
Password77:
Plus restricting your freedom as you'll now be putting a 2nd or 3rd party into consideration when making decisions sad
You are right, bro. I've been there bfore, i can relate with u on this wella.
how was ur night?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by jonath0012(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2012
Imanuelle:

I do º°˚ ....
Any better?
Morning, bro. how was ur night?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 15, 2012
Morning ppl
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Ellylace(f): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2012
Imanuelle:

I do º°˚ ....
Any better?
Well,not until jan,hope u're planning ahead Ima?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 15, 2012
Ellylace: Well,not until jan,hope u're planning ahead Ima?

Yeah.... At least.. A few white shokoto and shirts... For now.

How bout u??
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2012
jonath0012:
Morning, bro. how was ur night?

Morning oga jona..... How's life?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
₪☺ one wants †☺ answer my greeting abi? **sadface** Nt speaking †☺ anyone here again.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Password77(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
jonath0012:
You are right, bro. I've been there bfore, i can relate with u on this wella.
how was ur night?
presido jona my nite get as e be oo... Hw paroles for ur end today?

sandylurv: ₪☺ one wants †☺ answer my greeting abi? **sadface** Nt speaking †☺ anyone here again.

sandylurv G'morn abi na aftanoon! Abeg no vex oo. Hw u dey? smiley

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
sandylurv: ₪☺ one wants †☺ answer my greeting abi? **sadface** Nt speaking †☺ anyone here again.

Anuty sasa.... How are u nah?
No vex º°˚! Na ASUU strike cos am
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by ik121: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2012
Pele o! No vex. Gudday sandylurv... Oya c.ome lemme go nd buy u choco milo.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by ik121: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
Immanuelle i syt u frm my webcam. Hw u dey naa? Any newz frm UP??
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Emmysteve(m): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
Imanuelle:

Which ASUU strike? cool
Imanuelle:

Which ASUU strike?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Emmysteve(m): 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
ik121: Gdmornin folks.

@Emmysteve i fell off frm my sit rotf wen i rd ur 'Bro c.ome dwn 2 kaduna state' lol. U badt gan oo! grin U even added 'corpers no go wan go' grin grin.
I'v nt bn 2 KD b4 Bt frm wat v hd, all u sd r tru. No doubt KD is a hip-city, diffrent frm d usual dull northern cities. During ramadan i hd a frnd invytin me 2 c.ome 2 KD bt i cudn't b/c i kept imaginin mysef bn lynched on d street nd my intestine bn rippd out by sum daggar-wieldin urchins b/c of my luk, i cud easily b spotted as an alien, plus security is a story 4 anoda day(dnt knw d security situation at d moment).
And... If u rlly wanna serv in lag i tink u shud start saving nw, same is applicable 2 any1 dat is gung-ho about servin in Abj, Lag nd Rivers cos i cnt picture mysef squattin wit any gadamn friend or any gadamn relativ dat'd limit my fun nd freedom. 1day they'll point it out 2 u dat u'v ova-stayd ur welcum, if they dnt directly den they wil indirectly by sayin - O boy u dey chop 2much o! Guy u dey shyt 2much o! etc etc etc lol
[b]

[/b]

LWKMD
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Adebayolove(m): 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
March seems like eternity but I know we'll all get there soon. Good afternoon house!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Password77(m): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Adebayolove: March seems like eternity but I know we'll all get there soon. Good afternoon house!

@Adebayolove- G'afternoo bro...
Though our destination maybe lightyears away we'll surely get to d promise land.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by jonath0012(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
not bad!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by jonath0012(m): 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2012

oh sis, no vex. how you dey?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (321) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch B House / NYSC 2013 Batch C Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.