Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... (8576 Views)

Check Our Church Doctrine And Join Us / " An Church Doctrine That Insult A Loving God " / Pastor Tunde Bakare Condemns Deeper Life Church’s Doctrine On John's Wedding! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
Yestarday was my first meeting held with my new church women. They stated out thier yearly programmes and it appears that "CHRISTMAS" was in the list.
So the speaker told each of us to participate in all activites for the success of the Christmas programme.

I called on thier attention that i do not celebrate Christmas so i cannot help them with the Christmas programme, but for other programmes i will.
They asked why, i asked them to show me where the word "CELEBRATION OF CHRIST BIRTHDAY" is in the bible, This made them felt real cold!! none could present it.

The speaker spoke up. Its true there is no place in the bible, i myself have never noticed this, it has been part of the church doctrine and there is nothing wrong in celebrating Jesus birthday, she said. One old woman suported me and said, though she has been in the church for years but she has never participated in the xmas celebration.
Because, its a day not for the Christians, but for pagans are well. She said she didn't see anything in Christmas that has a significant of Christ. But that she had prefares not to disclose it to them.

To cut it short, i told them i am not against them, but i wouldn't in anyway participate with them? sorry don end. faces were no longer smilling undecided angry

I was surprise that Todays sermon was directing to me, The pastor started qouting from (phillipians 2:1-5)
1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

He said, he advises us to be united, we should make others feel we know the bible more than them, we shouldn't try to change things that are already installed or come to stay.

He said if we do not accept the church doctrine we are breaking the above verse, and this means we are not humble like Christ.
He continues that we shouldnt think for ourselve but for the church in general. That its thesame spirit on the day of convertion, so none should try to prove He/she is more knowledged than the others.

He said alot of things, i believed his wife had discussed this with him, which is not right. I didn't want to find myself eating my vomit, going back to what i have put a stop to.
I was never against thier programm, I felt not letting them know will make me an hypocrite, but in fact, they reason me wrongly.
I see Christmas as a pagan thing, due to its origin and for the fact that Its not biblical, why then should i agree with this just to feel among.

Does this verse really correspond to my pastors interpretation as par my action? or is it an obligation to accept a doctrine you know so well is not biblical even if its pointing at Christ? Your kind responds will be appreciated thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
plappville: Yestarday was my first meeting held with my new church women. They stated out thier yearly programmes and it appears that "CHRISTMAS" was in the list.
So the speaker told each of us to participate in all activites in order for the success of the Christmas programme.

I called on thier attention that i do not celebrate Christmas so i cannot help them with the Christmas programme, but for other programmes i will.
They asked why, i asked them to show me where the word "CELEBRATION OF CHRIST BIRTHDAY" is in the bible, This made them felt real cold!! none could present it.

The speaker spoke up. Its true there is no place in the bible, i myself have never noticed this, it has been part of the church doctrine and there is nothing wrong in celebrating Jesus birthday, she said. One old woman suported me and said, though she has been in the church for years but she has never participated in the xmas celebration.
Because, its a day not for the Christians, but for pagans are well. She said she didn't see anything in Christmas that has a significant of Christ. But that she had prefares not to disclose it to them.

To cup it short, i told them i am not against them, but i wouldn't in anyway participate with them? sorry don end. faces were no longer smilling undecided angry

I was surprise that Todays sermon was directing to me, The pastor started qouting from (phillipians 2:1-5)
1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

He said, he advises us to be united, we should make others feel we know the bible more than them, we shouldn't try to change things that are already installed or come to stay.

He said if we do not accept the church doctrine we are breaking the above verse, and this means we are not humble like Christ.
He continues that we shouldnt think for ourselve but for the church in general. That its thesame spirit on the day of convertion, so none should try to prove He/she is more knowledged than the others.

He said alot of things, i believed his wife had discussed this with him, which is not right. I didn't want to find myself eating my vomit, going back to what i have put a stop to.
I was never against thier programm, I felt not letting them know will make me an hypocrite, but in fact, they reason me wrongly.
I see Christmas as a pagan thing, due to its origin and for the fact that Its not biblical, why then should i agree with this just to feel among.

Does this verse really correspond to my pastors interpretation as par my action? or is it an obligation to accept a doctrine you know so well is not biblical even if its pointing at Christ? Your kind responds will be appreciated thank you.

My dear , you did the right thing.

For the first time in many years, my wife agreed that there will be no Christmas tree and the associated nonsense this Year. She now sees as many of us do that the source of all this confusion is the catholic pagan church which also brought us the trinity, immaculate conception of mary and so on and so forth.

If you think Christmas is bad, try mentioning Trinity, they will kick you out immediately , lol.

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
frosbel:

For the first time in many years, my wife agreed that there will be no Christmas tree and the associated nonsense this Year. She now sees as many of us do that the source of all this confusion is the catholic pagan church which also brought us the trinity, immaculate conception of mary and so on and so forth.

If you think Christmas is bad, try mentioning Trinity, they will kick you out immediately , lol.

You don't mean it shocked, I will be without a church then. You know i cannot speak against the trinity doctrine if preached publicly to the congregation.
As a woman, we are to KEEP silent in the church grin grin

I had the previllage to kick against "Christmas" because we were all women grin
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Rich4god(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
Sometimes, i cant help but laugh... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by k2039: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
frosbel:

Ahh,I used to think frosbel was my age mate,I never knew you were married.
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
k2039:

Your age mate ke grin
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by k2039: 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
frosbel:

Your age mate ke grin

lol
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by ijawkid(m): 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
k2039:

you can now see that u both aint co-equal.....lol

1 Like

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by k2039: 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2012

Op you did the right thing,your pastor just cant handle the truth.
This is the greatest problem we have in christianity,that a pastor believes something doesnt mean he is right,the hate being challenge.
@frosbel,I guess infallibility should also be a doctrine for pentecostals tooo,pastors are always right.
The bible said it search the truth for yourself,hold on to the truth.
If your pastor cant defend his doctrine and he wants to enforce it on you.

Op you are a superstar a whole sunday sermon was dedicated to you(just wondering what if you were not in church today,the sermon would probably have had a part 2)
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by k2039: 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
ijawkid:

lol
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
ijawkid:

grin grin
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
Rich4god: Sometimes, i cant help but laugh... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My broda, why na?
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
k2039:
Op you did the right thing,your pastor just cant handle the truth.
This is the greatest problem we have in christianity,that a pastor believes something doesnt mean he is right,the hate being challenge.
@frosbel,I guess infallibility should also be a doctrine for pentecostals tooo,pastors are always right.
The bible said it search the truth for yourself,hold on to the truth.
If your pastor cant defend his doctrine and he wants to enforce it on you.

Op you are a superstar a whole sunday sermon was dedicated to you(just wondering what if you were not in church today,the sermon would probably have had a part 2)

superstar ke? of course i annouced i will be in church after the end of our meeting, so i guessed the sermon was like prepared over night grin
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Joagbaje(m): 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
@ OP,
If you dont belive in the celebration, you are entitled to your opinion, but the wrong thing you did was the open confrontation of the church structure. Thats why your gOod intention was seen as rebellion.

You would rather have met the pastor privately for clarification if there need be. There are many things we do that may not be in the bible. But that doesnt mean they are bad. Fathers day , mothers day and many other things. If you are part of an assembly , its either you submit to the structure there or you keep to yourself. But going open to confront a structure. Insted of talking to the leadership was not a mature thing

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
Joagbaje: @ OP,
If you dont belive in the celebration, you are entitled to your opinion, but the wrong thing you did was the open confrontation of the church structure. Thats why your gOod intention was seen as rebellion.

You would rather have met the pastor privately for clarification if there need be. There are many things we do that may not be in the bible. But that doesnt mean they are bad. Fathers day , mothers day and many other things. If you are part of an assembly , its either you submit to the structure there or you keep to yourself. But going open to confront a structure. Insted of talking to the leadership was not a mature thing

I precised that this happened during the women meeting. I couldn't have done this in the church. I felt it was better not to pretend.

What if at the long runs, i helped them in everything and on the day (25th dec) i didnt appear, wont this be worse?

So it would have been better not to speak up? na waooh! Telling the Pastor is as well as telling the women group. Its even faster because i made them aware instantly. Instead of Pastor passing the message to them, from there some will say, "why she no tell us" women can be funny some times!!

1 Like

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Joagbaje(m): 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
I get your point. I was just trying to analyse the pastors response. He didnt answer the question you put across. He addressed an attitude. The open challenge was the attitude he was correcting. He didnt mention either you were right or wrong because that wasnt the issue. He was looking at an attitude. But i believe if you had asked him privately , or during a question and answer session .as in some churches it would have been answered properly

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
Joagbaje: I get your point. I was just trying to analyse the pastors response. He didnt answer the question you put across. He addressed an attitude. The open challenge was the attitude he was correcting. He didnt mention either you were right or wrong because that wasnt the issue. He was looking at an attitude. But i believe if you had asked him privately , or during a question and answer session .as in some churches it would have been answered properly

I pity your church members. Criticism should be done in secrecy not public? Who da 4k r u?

If Paul could blast Peter in public, isn't that an example to follow?

Shouldn't the pastor be open to criticism? Shouldn't a pastor be mature enough to handle so called hotheads?
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
Joagbaje: I get your point. I was just trying to analyse the pastors response. He didnt answer the question you put across. He addressed an attitude. The open challenge was the attitude he was correcting. He didnt mention either you were right or wrong because that wasnt the issue. He was looking at an attitude. But i believe if you had asked him privately , or during a question and answer session .as in some churches it would have been answered properly

We do not have this, i think its a good method, it will permits people to ask questions and get a direct answer on things they are not clear with instead of swallowing all. and remain in thesame position
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
musKeeto:

I pity your church members. Criticism should be done in secrecy not public? Who da 4k r u?

If Paul could blast Peter in public, isn't that an example to follow?

Shouldn't the pastor be open to criticism? Shouldn't a pastor be mature enough to handle so called hotheads?

He should bro....
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Rich4god(m): 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
plappville:

My broda, why na?
Plz, do you celebrate your birthday... Plz be sincere.
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Image123(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
@op, your pastor did the right thing, and Jo is right. like i quoted on your sabbath thread, one man esteems a day than the other. It's not a big issue or matter of salvation or acceptance before God. mesef don't observe Christmas or Sabbath, but i have no qualms with any who does. infact, Christmas rice and card dey waste for house. i recall teaching some kids some lovely christmas carols recently too.
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
The Pastor should know better as a mature believer, if a sister refuses to celebrate what we know is a PAGAN holiday he should be sensitive enough to accommodate her needs.
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by italo: 8:18am On Oct 08, 2012
@ Plappville, since you are so bent on doing only the things found in the Bible and rejecting anything not found in the Bible, you should stop confronting men on nairaland on doctrinal matters. Nairaland is public. You should rather go quietly and ask you husband in the house.
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Zikkyy(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel: The Pastor should know better as a mature believer, if a sister refuses to celebrate what we know is a PAGAN holiday he should be sensitive enough to accommodate her needs.

What makes Christmas a pagan holiday? I think what is important is the intentions of the man celebrating and not the day of the celebration. It's a pagan holiday only if you want it to be one.

1 Like

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Rich4god(m): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2012
Zikkyy:

What makes Christmas a pagan holiday? I think what is important is the intentions of the man celebrating and not the day of the celebration. It's a pagan holiday only if you want it to be one.
Good reply my brother... Infact, they should even reject thier ancestry and their background and even stop going to the vilage cos their ancestor were all pagan worshipers. Even so of the gadgets that they are using were made by atheist, they should stop using them since they bible said that we should have nothing to do with unbelievers.

1 Like

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2012
Rich4god:
Plz, do you celebrate your birthday... Plz be sincere.

I no longer, since i became a believer. Its of no importance. The bible gave 3 occasions of birthday events and what it turns out to be was not pleasant.

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2012
Image123: @op, your pastor did the right thing, and Jo is right. like i quoted on your sabbath thread, one man esteems a day than the other. It's not a big issue or matter of salvation or acceptance before God. mesef don't observe Christmas or Sabbath, but i have no qualms with any who does. infact, Christmas rice and card dey waste for house. i recall teaching some kids some lovely christmas carols recently too.

Did i said i have probs with them celebrating Christmas? I told them i would not be part of thier organisation period, why should it be by force, as in the Pastors sermon?

What will you tell the kids Christmas signifies? and can you prove that to them with the scripture?

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2012
italo: @ Plappville, since you are so bent on doing only the things found in the Bible and rejecting anything not found in the Bible, you should stop confronting men on nairaland on doctrinal matters. Nairaland is public. You should rather go quietly and ask you husband in the house.

Did i confront you? are you hurt in anyway that i rejected the Catholic paganism holiday? My husband a christian, so He wouldn't help in matters like this.

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 10:06am On Oct 08, 2012
Zikkyy:

You cannot change its origin bro....!!!

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by plappville(f): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel: The Pastor should know better as a mature believer, if a sister refuses to celebrate what we know is a PAGAN holiday he should be sensitive enough to accommodate her needs.

I wonder why anyone should be forced to partake in a non scriptural doctrine!

2 Likes

Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by italo: 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
plappville:

Did i confront you? are you hurt in anyway that i rejected the Catholic paganism holiday? My husband a christian, so He wouldn't help in matters like this.

1 Timothy 2

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet.

Be quiet Plappville. Since we must follow the Bible word for word as you and frosbel always say.
Re: Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... by Rich4god(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
plappville:

You cannot change its origin bro....!!!
I was a sinner before before, but now am a born again... Does that mean i am still a sinner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why / I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.