Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? (9535 Views)

Photo Of Beyonce Without Make-up At The Airport / Tiwa Savage & Waje Without Make-up (PHOTO) / Who Should Apply Make Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
ItsModella:
I don't even understand your argument. How does wearing make-up make one fake?
U dey mind all dis wannabe popes? Angels sef dey wear mascara( d ones i see in my dream o).Nonsense! angry
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
drzed:

grin grin grin grin
What more can I say?
But truly, if my wife wears make-up (beyond vaseline and perfume) I fit get HBP.
HBP over makeup? U need deliverance sir! Ur enemies at out to finish u. Fast and pray!!

1 Like

Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by drzed: 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
ItsModella:

Wearing make-up makes a woman as fake as posing with somebody else's bank account makes me dishonest.
The fake-ism part is simply the serious attempt to disguise the true nature and appearance of your physical features.

It is an attempt to lie. In fact, make-up is a non-verbal lie of the physical type.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
I don't wear any. I only wear Chapstick or lip balms/moisturizers, which I don't consider makeup. Makeup is too much of a hassle. I've never felt like myself the two or three times I've worn it. Some people can carry it though. I'm not one of them.

1 Like

Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
Seriously, my make up gives me confidence. Wen am waering it, and a man compliments me, i believe him whole heartedly. But, if am witout it, and a compliment comes in, i see it as mocking.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by drzed: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2012
Idowuogbo:
HBP over makeup? U need deliverance sir! Ur enemies at out to finish u. Fast and pray!!
Okay, I actually exaggerated the HBP part. But make-up can cause quarrel between me and my wife. I even dislike jerry curls and all other forms of hair treatment that is not African/natural. Why you wan make your hair look like oyibo when we know say you nor be oyinbo? Who dey deceive who with fake hair? The day my wife make mistake wear brazilian hair ehn....Lawd have mercy!

Idowuogbo:
U dey mind all dis wannabe popes? Angels sef dey wear mascara( d ones i see in my dream o).Nonsense! angry

Has it occured to you that some of us dont like deception, and that we like things/people to be as natural as possible? (and which Angel did you see in real life talkless of whether he/she has mascara?)

On the flip side, how would you like your husband/boyfriend to have a fake beard, fake muscles, fake baritone voice?
Oya, answer dat one!
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
drzed:

Wearing make-up makes a woman as fake as posing with somebody else's bank account makes me dishonest.
The fake-ism part is simply the serious attempt to disguise the true nature and appearance of your physical features.

It is an attempt to lie. In fact, make-up is a non-verbal lie of the physical type.
FAIL!!
Wearing "TOO" much of it,makes d woman look plastic.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Dreystar(f): 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Curious, after reading GUYS post..... I can't but ask are you guys/men/boys against ladies who makeup?? or what exactly?
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Kslib(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
nyere84: Seriously, my make up gives me confidence. Wen am waering it, and a man compliments me, i believe him whole heartedly. But, if am witout it, and a compliment comes in, i see it as mocking.
Kudos!!! I like girls like you who always admit that make-up was made because of them... Dont forget that your confidence lies in you,not the make-up.. Next time when going out,dont put on make-up and let the world see the real you.. Always remember that there is always an obj or taribo west waiting for you out there.. dont take my comment the other way round oh!!!
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by drzed: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
Idowuogbo:
FAIL!!
Wearing "TOO" much of it,makes d woman look plastic.

A lie is a lie. No more nor less.
Half a lie, is still a lie. Half make-up is STILL make-up. Abi did your chemistry teacher tell you say half-plastic exists?
Plastic look is still plastic look.

Make I sharraaap my mouth before the Online Association of Lipstick and Brazillian Nairalanderesses (OALBN) petition Seun to ban me

grin grin grin
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by ocelot2006(m): 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
drzed:

Mehn..see definition oh! And straight on point cheesy !!
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
free2ryhme: to increase their market value, what else!

Lol...deceptive marketing grin grin.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by kemoolala: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
candieangel12: I dont wear makeup cus im naturally beautiful. My complexion and skin is lovely so why damper with it? I get compliments all the time about my beauty sooo im good without makeup. Atleast I dont have 2 waste my money or time grin

paste ur pics make we see first b4 u conclude say u fine, na we go tell whether u fine or not.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by drzed: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
nyere84: Seriously, my make up gives me confidence. Wen am waering it, and a man compliments me, i believe him whole heartedly. But, if am witout it, and a compliment comes in, i see it as mocking.

Thank you for this honest assessment.

It means we men (who clearly, all this make-up is aimed at attracting/seducing/convincing) have to help boost the confidence and sense of self-esteem of those women that are addicted to make-up. It wont be easy. But it has to start somewhere.

How would the world be if men were to use fake beard, fake moustache, fake baritone voice, fake muscles, etc? Is it not bad and hurtful enough that you women have to endure fake stories and fake declaration of love from men? Think about it PLEASE women...and use your HEAD to do the thinking, please, not your heart (or your mirror) smiley
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Fridayokolo: 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
Rubbing make up makes u classic ,It's lugubriously abysmal that most person lack sense fashion and presentativeness.i make up as a boy to make me more attractive.I don't appreciate girls without make up. Morethanthat girls got draw a stalemate both moderate and overdose of makeups.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by candieangel12(f): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
kemoolala:

paste ur pics make we see first b4 u conclude say u fine, na we go tell whether u fine or not.

Don't need 2 post my pics 2 prove anything. Lol as longas I kno im fine thats all that matters. I don't need ur approval, I've gotten plenty of approval from ppl I see in real life smiley

2 Likes

Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by SailorXY: 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Its mainly low-esteem
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by kpozite(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
ItsModella:
Hair longer than your natural hair FAKE
Eyelashes not your natural ones FAKE
Nails longer than your natural nails FAKE
Patches of different colours on your skin FAKE
Are these not enough to say the person who has all this is fake?

2 Likes

Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by drzed: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2012
kemoolala:

Kai, haba. Thats below the belt. What happened to 'giving someone benefit of doubt'?

If she says AND believes she is beautiful, thats all that counts to her. Not even her man has the right to make her believe otherwise. Honesty and integrity is a gift that only you can give to yourself.

True beauty is not physical. It is a state of mind that affects how the heart and head function with self-confidence. The day many women will actually understand and practice this, then indeed, they will be liberated. And their true beauty will come out for all to see. Until then, many of you will keep sentencing yourself to life imprisonment in the penitentiary of self-deception.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Ninilowo(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2012
tellwisdom:
Wetin come be makeup, for ur own dictionary??sad
grin
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by oriondivy(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
Fridayokolo: Rubbing make up makes u classic ,It's lugubriously abysmal that most person lack sense fashion and presentativeness.i make up as a boy to make me more attractive and pyrrhic. I don't appreciate girls without make up. Morethanthat girls got draw a stalemate both moderate and overdose of makeups.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
drzed:

A lie is a lie. No more nor less.
Half a lie, is still a lie. Half make-up is STILL make-up. Abi did your chemistry teacher tell you say half-plastic exists?
Plastic look is still plastic look.

Make I sharraaap my mouth before the Online Association of Lipstick and Brazillian Nairalanderesses (OALBN) petition Seun to ban me

grin grin grin

Hmmmm...u sure want a debate don't ya? I hardly wear makeup, but ur definition of fake is seriously &£@££?. I ain't got time to start going bck and forth with your handle, but! I must say... ur opinions are disturbing. Ur wife dey try mehn! lipsrsealed
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by drzed: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
Fridayokolo: Rubbing make up makes u classic ,It's lugubriously abysmal that most person lack sense fashion and presentativeness.i make up as a boy to make me more attractive and pyrrhic. I don't appreciate girls without make up. Morethanthat girls got draw a stalemate both moderate and overdose of makeups.

Do you know what you are actually saying at all?

merriam-webster's dictionary defines pyrrhic as:
(something): achieved at excessive cost <a Pyrrhic victory>; also : costly to the point of negating or outweighing expected benefits <a great but Pyrrhic act of ingenuity>

Pyrric doesnt sound so cool now, does it? Mr. Make-Up.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by drzed: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Hmmmm...u sure want a debate don't ya? I hardly wear makeup, but ur definition of fake is seriously &£@££?. I ain't got time to start going bck and forth with your handle, but! I must say... ur opinions are disturbing. Ur wife dey try mehn! lipsrsealed

The point is, my wife KNOWS that whenever I say she is beautiful or looking pretty, she is sure that it is not down to a thick layer of chemicals plastered all over her face, lips or wherever. You say my opinions are disturbing as if wearing make-up is the default way of life. You say my wife is trying? No, I think she is comfortable, honest and happy with herself! And so am I.

I dont deal in fakes. Neither does she. Simplez.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
ItsModella: To give me a nice finishing look.

does it mean u were half baked? undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by babylast(f): 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
sometimes when i do not apply make up, i feel ok but other times it renews my confidence in me, so, it is not a must for me
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by chucky234(m): 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
slimyem: I don't use any make-up outside powder,eye-pencil and lip-gloss....cheesycheesy
Hmmm Slimyem you wan claim innocenty abi,those ones wey you just mention na wetin,make-down abi.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
drzed:

The point is, my wife KNOWS that whenever I say she is beautiful or looking pretty, she is sure that it is not down to a thick layer of chemicals plastered all over her face, lips or wherever. You say my opinions are disturbing as if wearing make-up is the default way of life. You say my wife is trying? No, I think she is comfortable, honest and happy with herself! And so am I.

I dont deal in fakes. Neither does she. Simplez.
D rate u going, u go enter screen slap me o!! Ogbeni calm down jare! Wot am I saying and what are you saying? If bin natural includes wearing lip-gloss and perfume, den bros! Ur paragraphs na WASH!!!! Like say in d days of Adam and Eve, dem dey apply body cream for body? abeggi! Don't get me in on dis long azzz debate mehn... U think its fake, I agree to a certain degree. Happy now? undecided
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by kadil(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
DANILSA: 1; THEY WANT TO FEEL AMONG
2; THEY DONT BELIEVE THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL WITHOUT IT.
3. TO INCREASE MARKET VALUE
4. TO HAVE ENOUGH EXCUSE TO ROBB GUYS
5. SOME ARE ACTUALLY UGLY WITHOUT IT
6. SOMETIMES TO DISPLAY THEIR IBERIBELISM
7. cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
And 7. To mock their Creator.

1 Like

Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by demsid(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
too much make up na rubbish,dem go cm b lyk wynch.,na senselesnes n copy copy cos am..wen u baff finish dirty ur body again.mtchww.
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by misreal(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
slimyem: I don't use any make-up outside powder,eye-pencil and lip-gloss....cheesycheesy
r these not makeups lipsrsealed
Re: Girls, Why Do You Apply Make-Up? by chucky234(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
We apply,no sorry,they apply make-up to look as beautiful,no as ugly as lady Gaga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Dress The Way You Dress? / Ladies,which Of These Mercy Aigbe's Ankara Blouse Would You Rock? / Anita Joseph On The Cover Of Juvenis Magazine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.